Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I listened to the interview posted on you tube with the woman who was robbed of thousands of dollars of jewelry during a home invasion in late 2015. She said Clements and a female accomplice called and told her they worked at Fedex and there was a package that had something to do with cancer that she needed to pick up.

This woman had recently lost her daughter to cancer and had just been diagnosed with the disease so she felt compelled to pick it up. She must have been dumbfounded when they went to Fedex and found there was no such mail. When she and her husband returned home, she immediately knew someone had been in their house.

In total, 3 homes were robbed in the valley and Clements managed to get all the residents out of the house before he entered it and robbed them. She said they were gone for approximately 10 minutes.

She believes Clements had been in her house before because he knew exactly where her jewelry was. They said they didn’t know how Clements picked his victims, but it seems none of them had a home security system in their home.

As far as we know, Clements was the only person charged with these 3 burglaries.

How did LE prove Clements committed the robberies?

Last edited:
Today I listened to the interview posted on you tube with the woman who was robbed of thousands of dollars of jewelry during a home invasion in late 2015. She said Clements and a female accomplice called and told her they worked at Fedex and there was a package that had something to do with cancer that she needed to pick up.

This woman had recently lost her daughter to cancer and had just been diagnosed with the disease so she felt compelled to pick it up. She must have been dumbfounded when they went to Fedex and found there was no such mail. When she and her husband returned home, she immediately knew someone had been in their house.

In total, 3 homes were robbed in the valley and Clements managed to get all the residents out of the house before he entered it and robbed them. She said they were gone for approximately 10 minutes.

She believes Clements had been in her house before because he knew exactly where her jewelry was. They said they didn’t know how Clements picked his victims, but it seems none of them had a home security system in their home.

As far as we know, Clements was the only person charged with these 3 burglaries.

How did LE prove Clements committed the robberies?
Hi Crosby, I did a little digging as I remember reading about the awful tactics he used to commit the burglary’s and I’ve took a screen shot of one count of burglary and how he was caught. It was in 2016 I believe. I will also add a link to the article I found it in. He was also arrested after a police sting caught him pimping his fiancée out and leaving her (possibly his too but not confirmed) young child alone in the car while she went to meet up at a hotel for the purpose of sex. We can safely say he doesn’t sound like he was ever a decent upstanding member of the community. His MO in the burglaries seemed to always be to get the victims out of the house even elderly who posed very little threat to him, which is another reason I did admittedly doubt his culpability in this case. He definitely risked a lot and went against his regular MO to take Isabel.

Murder suspect Christopher Clements had multiple run-ins with Tucson police

Attachments

• 0FCD7BC7-455A-4D5A-A33F-AF5B154206F9.png
    0FCD7BC7-455A-4D5A-A33F-AF5B154206F9.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi Crosby, I did a little digging as I remember reading about the awful tactics he used to commit the burglary’s and I’ve took a screen shot of one count of burglary and how he was caught. It was in 2016 I believe. I will also add a link to the article I found it in. He was also arrested after a police sting caught him pimping his fiancée out and leaving her (possibly his too but not confirmed) young child alone in the car while she went to meet up at a hotel for the purpose of sex. We can safely say he doesn’t sound like he was ever a decent upstanding member of the community. His MO in the burglaries seemed to always be to get the victims out of the house even elderly who posed very little threat to him, which is another reason I did admittedly doubt his culpability in this case. He definitely risked a lot and went against his regular MO to take Isabel.

Thank you. Boy what a terrible guy.

Imo, his entire life starting from the age of 15 has been filled with high risk taking.

Plus we dont know if Isa is the only one he abducted from the safety of their homes either.

I truly feel that was not his first time. Abducting Maribel in plain sight was also highly risky. A risk he was willing to take to get what he wanted.

His compulsion, and deviant lust for young children overrides any risks. The riskier it is may also be a part of his sick diabolical thrill.

The MO used in the burglaries does show he plans his crimes out beforehand just like he used deception of pretending to want to purchase the Celis vehicle.

That MO, and ruse allowed him to become familiar with the Celis property. He also had snapshots of the Celis property in his possession. It would be easy to see which bedroom was a little girls. I think he had stalked Isa before he even came to their home.

I think he surveilled their property carefully before the night he came in through the window to kidnap her. Duncan did the same before he entered the Groene home.

Sites like Zillow show the floor plans of homes too, and current images, front, and back While it's a great tool for those looking to purchase homes it also allows predators to scope the homes out of their targeted victims.

I'm wondering if he was like Joe duncan who would go to parks, camping areas where he knew young children often were seen running around playing.

I think CC easily could have been at the baseball game where the Celis family was that night before coming home? I think it's highly possible he had been there at least a couple of times, and that may be how he selected Isa as his next victim.

Isa was such a beautiful little girl with such a happy sweet smile. It's so replusive to realize anyone could look at this sweet baby girl, and lust for her sexually, but sadly many do..whether they are male or female pedophiles.

I read an article last year that kiddie *advertiser censored* is the biggest money making *advertiser censored* out of all *advertiser censored* sold, and it's being bought worldwide by men, and women. Gah!

Its shows while some of them have been caught when they sexually abuse children, but there are so so many who are still getting away with it.

I also read an article this week that said the United States is the number one country who has more sex traffickers in it where young boys, and girls are being enslaved by the sex traffickers.

What was the most disgusting part was knowing the reason for it being number one, and it was the very same reason drugs are saturating our country. Supply, and demand. Ugh how shameful. Like the drug dealers the sex traffickers always go where the most demand is.

We must get a handle on both very serious issues facing our nation for it is destroying so many children's lives, and over 70K people are dying from drug overdoses every year.

Jmho

Last edited:

Thank you for this.

What exactly do they mean when they say that Clement’s DNA was found at the house? Do they mean they found his fingerprints? And, why would he pour bleach on the carpet?

Thank you. Boy what a terrible guy.

Imo, his entire life starting from the age of 15 has been filled with high risk taking.

Plus we dont know if Isa is the only one he abducted from the safety of their homes either.

I truly feel that was not his first time. Abducting Maribel in plain sight was also highly risky. A risk he was willing to take to get what he wanted.

His compulsion, and deviant lust for young children overrides any risks. The riskier it is may also be a part of his sick diabolical thrill.

The MO used in the burglaries does show he plans his crimes out beforehand just like he used deception of pretending to want to purchase the Celis vehicle.

That MO, and ruse allowed him to become familiar with the Celis property. He also had snapshots of the Celis property in his possession. It would be easy to see which bedroom was a little girls. I think he had stalked Isa before he even came to their home.

I think he surveilled their property carefully before the night he came in through the window to kidnap her. Duncan did the same before he entered the Groene home.

Sites like Zillow show the floor plans of homes too, and current images, front, and back While it's a great tool for those looking to purchase homes it also allows predators to scope the homes out of their targeted victims.

I'm wondering if he was like Joe duncan who would go to parks, camping areas where he knew young children often were seen running around playing.

I think CC easily could have been at the baseball game where the Celis family was that night before coming home? I think it's highly possible he had been there at least a couple of times, and that may be how he selected Isa as his next victim.

Isa was such a beautiful little girl with such a happy sweet smile. It's so replusive to realize anyone could look at this sweet baby girl, and lust for her sexually, but sadly many do..whether they are male or female pedophiles.

I read an article last year that kiddie *advertiser censored* is the biggest money making *advertiser censored* out of all *advertiser censored* sold, and it's being bought worldwide by men, and women. Gah!

Its shows while some of them have been caught when they sexually abuse children, but there are so so many who are still getting away with it.

I also read an article this week that said the United States is the number one country who has more sex traffickers in it where young boys, and girls are being enslaved by the sex traffickers.

What was the most disgusting part was knowing the reason for it being number one, and it was the very same reason drugs are saturating our country. Supply, and demand. Ugh how shameful. Like the drug dealers the sex traffickers always go where the most demand is.

We must get a handle on both very serious issues facing our nation for it is destroying so many children's lives, and over 70K people are dying from drug overdoses every year.

Jmho
m

Thanks for your reply ocean, I think you may be right, he definitely planned the abduction and knew what he was doing beforehand. This was not a crime of opportunity.

BBM that is so shocking, appalling and just very upsetting that child *advertiser censored* is the most bought in the world! What is wrong with the world if this is true... people wonder why I’m so overprotective of my children, I don’t let them play on the street with the other kids and my 12 year old is dropped off and picked up whenever they go to a friends house or the cinema etc. You just can’t be too careful imo, they aren’t the sterotypical middle aged weirdo living like a hermit behind their computers. They are also the very normal looking postman, teacher, neighbour, friend or family member. I always say to my children when they moan about me being too protective that they will understand and be grateful when they grow up that I did all I could to ensure that they were safe, loved and kept innocent for all of their childhood. MOO

Thank you for this.

What exactly do they mean when they say that Clement’s DNA was found at the house? Do they mean they found his fingerprints? And, why would he pour bleach on the carpet?
I’m not sure... do fingerprints count as DNA? Idk it must be fingerprints or bodily fluid of some type, saliva, sweat, semen etc. The bleach sounds bizarre too! It says in the article it was used in an attempt to destroy evidence, it’s baffling and leaves more questions than answers!

I’m not sure... do fingerprints count as DNA? Idk it must be fingerprints or bodily fluid of some type, saliva, sweat, semen etc. The bleach sounds bizarre too! It says in the article it was used in an attempt to destroy evidence, it’s baffling and leaves more questions than answers!

It sure does. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. I'm sure Clements knows to wear gloves when he breaks into a house. AFAIK, gloves won't leave fingerprints. And as far as Clements leaving some type of body fluid in the house, like sweat, semen, saliva, I can't see that happening either.
He was in and out of the house within 10 minutes. He was likely sitting in a car near the victim's house and as soon as they left, they broke in. The woman who was interviewed didn't say how Clements got inside their house. Were fingerprints found on the screen to Isabel's bedroom window?

That’s a great post, definitely could be where they got the details of victims!

Was M Stark charged with burglary as well as Clements? Does she have a criminal record?

If the victims were customers of the jewelry store where MS worked, most likely it was CC who called and spoke to the victims because if MS called, they would recognize her voice.

The woman who gave the interview didn't say why she believes CC had a female accomplice with him.

Was M Stark charged with burglary as well as Clements? Does she have a criminal record?

If the victims were customers of the jewelry store where MS worked, most likely it was CC who called and spoke to the victims because if MS called, they would recognize her voice.

The woman who gave the interview didn't say why she believes CC had a female accomplice with him.
I read an article a while back that CC called the victim to say there was a parcel related to cancer and the victim queried this as they weren’t expecting anything and CC passed the receiver over to his “manager” to confirm this to further try to coax the victim out of the house. I’m assuming the “manager” was M Stark. I’m not sure I’d recognise the voice of some I have only spoken to sporadically and she could have tried to change her voice so it wasn’t as recognisable. I’ll have a dig around for clarity and link where I read it if I can find it.

It sure does. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. I'm sure Clements knows to wear gloves when he breaks into a house. AFAIK, gloves won't leave fingerprints. And as far as Clements leaving some type of body fluid in the house, like sweat, semen, saliva, I can't see that happening either.
He was in and out of the house within 10 minutes. He was likely sitting in a car near the victim's house and as soon as they left, they broke in. The woman who was interviewed didn't say how Clements got inside their house. Were fingerprints found on the screen to Isabel's bedroom window?
I’m not sure re. fingerprints on Isa’s screen, I’ll have to have a check. I agree, I can’t see why a seasoned criminal would leave fingerprints or other DNA but that’s what is quoted in the article. So much in this case leaves you dying to know more! I’m sure we’ll find out in the end.

I read an article a while back that CC called the victim to say there was a parcel related to cancer and the victim queried this as they weren’t expecting anything and CC passed the receiver over to his “manager” to confirm this to further try to coax the victim out of the house. I’m assuming the “manager” was M Stark. I’m not sure I’d recognise the voice of some I have only spoken to sporadically and she could have tried to change her voice so it wasn’t as recognisable. I’ll have a dig around for clarity and link where I read it if I can find it.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

According to this timeline, CC was a RSO when Isa disappeared, so if LE interviewed all the RSO's in the area, they should have talked to CC.
  • MARCH 2012: Clements registers as a sex offender for home in 5800 block of East Elida Street.
  • APRIL 2012: Isabel Celis' family calls 911 after she went missing from their home.

Here’s a media report that describes the burglaries Clements committed with his female accomplice.

According to court records:
“(Victims) received a phone call to their home from a blocked number. The female caller told them the FedEx had a package for them and they needed to come pick it up...(The victims) asked to speak to a manager, at which time, a male got on the phone and reassured them they both needed to come to FedEx and pick up the package. When asked where the package was from, the male stated he could not divulge that information but that it had something to do with cancer.”

The woman said she and her husband were gone for just 10 minutes. They returned home to front door that had been kicked open and thousands of dollars in jewelry missing.

Phone records and GPS tracking linked Clements to the calls made to the woman and other victims, court records show.

Another victim called by the same phone number reported a similar scheme involving an undelivered FedEx packages to get them out of their home.

Accused child killer lured elderly in burglaries

Here’s a media report that describes the burglaries Clements committed with his female accomplice.

According to court records:
“(Victims) received a phone call to their home from a blocked number. The female caller told them the FedEx had a package for them and they needed to come pick it up...(The victims) asked to speak to a manager, at which time, a male got on the phone and reassured them they both needed to come to FedEx and pick up the package. When asked where the package was from, the male stated he could not divulge that information but that it had something to do with cancer.”

The woman said she and her husband were gone for just 10 minutes. They returned home to front door that had been kicked open and thousands of dollars in jewelry missing.

Phone records and GPS tracking linked Clements to the calls made to the woman and other victims, court records show.

Another victim called by the same phone number reported a similar scheme involving an undelivered FedEx packages to get them out of their home.

Accused child killer lured elderly in burglaries
Thanks for that article Crosby, it’s the one I was looking for to link for you. Sorry I got who made the call mixed up. I thought CC made the call and MS acted as manager but it was the other way around.

Man accused in killing of Tucson girls pleads not guilty

When I first looked at the photo taken of Clement’s during his arraignment, I only saw his black eye because the media report said “Clements, dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, showed little emotion during the short hearing and appeared to have a black eye” and “Last week Clements was in a fight at the Maricopa County jail” so I assumed he only took a few shots to his head and he wasn’t actually beaten like one of the men who was involved said; but when I looked at his arms, I saw marks on both, so perhaps his clothing is covering more. I don’t think they’re tattoos. His checks are bruised but his eyes aren’t swollen shut and I don’t see any cuts on his face or head. No broken jaw or missing teeth. Throat wasn't slit, yet. Looks like there was no response from the Judge on this incident.

I wonder if the guards stopped the boys from seriously harming Clements because his next court appearance was right around the corner and they wanted him to be able to stand up and face the Judge? Maybe they’re keeping Clements with the general population so Clements won’t kill himself? This is the first time Clements has been incarcerated for murdering two underage girls. I wonder if he is considering suicide?

I didn’t find Clements listed as a Registered Sex Offender on the two databases I searched but I’ll try again in my spare time.

Is his Defense Team Court appointed?

Last edited:
Man accused in killing of Tucson girls pleads not guilty

When I first looked at the photo taken of Clement’s during his arraignment, I only saw his black eye because the media report said “Clements, dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, showed little emotion during the short hearing and appeared to have a black eye” and “Last week Clements was in a fight at the Maricopa County jail” so I assumed he only took a few shots to his head and he wasn’t actually beaten like one of the men who was involved said; but when I looked at his arms, I saw marks on both, so perhaps his clothing is covering more. I don’t think they’re tattoos. His checks are bruised but his eyes aren’t swollen shut and I don’t see any cuts on his face or head. No broken jaw or missing teeth. Throat wasn't slit, yet. Looks like there was no response from the Judge on this incident.

I wonder if the guards stopped the boys from seriously harming Clements because his next court appearance was right around the corner and they wanted him to be able to stand up and face the Judge? Maybe they’re keeping Clements with the general population so Clements won’t kill himself? This is the first time Clements has been incarcerated for murdering two underage girls. I wonder if he is considering suicide?

I didn’t find Clements listed as a Registered Sex Offender on the two databases I searched but I’ll try again in my spare time.

Is his Defense Team Court appointed?
I couldn’t access the link you provided due to being in the uk, but I think I know which photo you are referring to. It’s very possible that guards allowed him to get a beating but not severe enough that he wouldn’t be able to attend his next court appearance. I don’t imagine child murdering sex offenders are seen in much of a positive light by guards or other inmates so that beating may have been the first of many. I’ve added a link re his defense team. I know he had no attorney to defend him for his grand jury indictment. I think his attorney now is court appointed but from Maricopa and not Pima county as there was a conflict of interest. I’ve added a link which describes his defense team but I do remember there being a big debacle over his defense and can’t find an appropriate link at the moment to describe the situation.

Judge appoints new counsel for Christopher Clements

I just read an absolutely damning article for CC (to me) with plenty of info I hadn’t heard of before. I’ll share the link here in case anyone else hasn’t read it.

Everyone who follows this case knows CC is trying to blame SC for Isa’s murder, and when I read about this I had my doubts that maybe SC was actually involved. CC claims SC had ran into trouble with a pawn shop he was doing business with and this connects to Isabel disappearing. It states in the article this was investigated by LE and clearly nothing came of it. It also states CC researched “blame Sergio” theories to try to pass the blame onto him.

It also states CC had his car cleaned 6, yes 6 times between feb and June of that year. He paid $110 to have his car thoroughly cleaned closely after isabel disappearing and 5 more times after.

Also around the time of both girls disappearing his phone was detected in the desert area they were found, and he changed his phone number the day after Isabel disappeared.

Also in the selfie of himself and a young child, am I crazy or does that picture strongly resemble Isabel? I know the quality is terrible but that child definitely looks like Isabel to me. He claims it’s his young son but his son was only a year old at the time and blonde, this child looks older than 1 to me. When LE showed the picture to CC girlfriend she “started shaking and did not identify the child as her own” it frightened me seeing the picture and how strongly the child resembles Isa. Maybe I’m just seeing what I want to see tho, what do you guys think?

I’m shook by this article and can’t believe I’m only just reading this information and it hasn’t been shared on here yet (that I’ve seen) I’m the first to admit I wasn’t completely sold yet on CC did this, and he acted alone, but after reading all of this information I think he is a very sick and twisted individual who fantasised, planned and committed these atrocious, inhumane acts against our most vulnerable in society, our beautiful children and I truly hope he never sees the light of day beyond his 4 walls ever again. I’m sickened and heartbroken when I think of what these 2 poor girls (and possibly more) most likely had to endure in their last moments. Rest in peace Isabel and Maribel. I hope they know that there are so many of us out here rooting for justice for them.

Sorry got carried away and forgot to link the article!

Prosecutors respond to indictment challenge in Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales case

I couldn’t access the link you provided due to being in the uk, but I think I know which photo you are referring to. It’s very possible that guards allowed him to get a beating but not severe enough that he wouldn’t be able to attend his next court appearance. I don’t imagine child murdering sex offenders are seen in much of a positive light by guards or other inmates so that beating may have been the first of many. I’ve added a link re his defense team. I know he had no attorney to defend him for his grand jury indictment. I think his attorney now is court appointed but from Maricopa and not Pima county as there was a conflict of interest. I’ve added a link which describes his defense team but I do remember there being a big debacle over his defense and can’t find an appropriate link at the moment to describe the situation.

Judge appoints new counsel for Christopher Clements

Thank you. The fight occurred on Tuesday, Sept. 18, just days after Clements was indicted in the deaths of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales and a week before his court appearance so some of the swelling and bruises would have faded by then. There does appear to be a name written on his right arm; however no tattoos were noted on Clements official arrest report. He is 6’1 and weighs 190 lbs. I wonder if Clements fought his attackers? While officers were attempting to arrest Clements in his home for living too close to 2 schools, he dared the officers to uncuff him and “see what happens.” Another report on the fight said ‘Neither Clements nor the other inmates were seriously injured” so maybe that means Clements did fight back, idk.

I wonder if Clements is taking prescribed medication? Are nearly all inmates taking prescribed medication?

Stark told police she and Clements had been together for three to four years and the child was theirs when they were caught up in a sex sting. These charges were later dismissed however she was with Clements when he burglarized homes so she should be facing charges for that.

Clements is divorced and owes $20000+ for missed child support payments in Oregon I believe so he could have two children.

Man accused of killing Tucson girls gets into fight in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member