Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score

Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl

April 21, 2012

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Tucson police say Isabel Celis' remains found

March 31, 2017

Tucson police said Friday that the remains of 6-year-old Isabel Celis, who was reported missing in 2012, were found earlier this month.

Tucson Police Chief Chris Magnus said Friday that Isabel's remains have been found, though he would not offer details about where investigators located the remains or what prompted detectives to search in that area.

Magnus said the remains were found in "rural Pima County" and were sent to Bode Cellmark Forensics in Virginia where DNA evidence was confirmed.

[...]

"This is not an ending we would have hoped for, but this is not the end to the case," Magnus said.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25

Media/Timeline Thread: AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 Media & Doc Dump (No Discussion)

Scanner Threads:
Scanner Thread 1
Scanner Thread 2
Scanner Thread 3
Scanner Thread 4

REMEMBER: Anything posted in the scanner thread must stay in the scanner thread.

Find Isabel Celis Facebook Page: Find Isabel Celis
New website for Isabel Celis: http://bringisahome.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sergio and Becky said two of their dogs were inside with Becky and in kennels. Only the BLIND and DEAF dog was allegedly left outside. Their neighbor's interview contradicts this.

The neighbor who was awakened by male voices outside her window at 6:30 am said, “I also noticed their dogS (the Celis’ dogS) were barking.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGd8GcEyRw

It was during the night, while the family slept. No one heard sounds, not even from the dogs — two in kennels in the master bedroom, and one, age 17, who was deaf and blind in the back yard. This is what the child’s parents, Becky and Sergio Celis, recalled last week from their midtown home where they relived the disappearance of their only daughter……
http://tucson.com/laestrella/ciudad/isabel-celis-vanished-years-ago/article_0e040a88-6dc9-5fde-8887-41e9862f886f.html

The neighbor states in a second interview that the Celis' dogS were barking at 6:30 am and it was a different kind of barking. It was a frantic barking. (It is daylight in April in Tucson. The sun arose at 5:49 am).
[video=youtube;x-1gFSQ3ot0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-1gFSQ3ot0&t=22s[/video]

Do any of you know where the cousin is living at now? I had read that he had his Jeep shipped to Florida after she went missing.

Do any of you know where the cousin is living at now? I had read that he had his Jeep shipped to Florida after she went missing.

Sergio has publicly stated numerous times that he doesn't believe the cousin committed a crime.
http://www.cbs5az.com/story/23266975/father-family-member-knows-something-about-missing-isabel-celis

The FBI, including the BAU, was involved in this case from the very beginning. The FBI can execute search warrants throughout the USA, not just in Arizona. If the FBI wanted to search the cousin's Jeep, they searched it.

I think there will be a month-long delay in any arrests for Isabel's murder because the DA is deciding whether to arrest one person or two.

I'm pretty certain he is still in Florida based off a quick google search for him.

Here is the video where it is revealed that Becky’s coworker said Isabel usually slept with her siblings and not in her own room. (Someone was asking about it a few days ago.)
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-tucson-girl-fbi-steps-involvement-isabel-celis-16208983

l have to look at the cps issue, seriously what was going on in that house? what situation would the odds favor? i wonder if that poor baby tried to hide in that closet, I wonder if she was the one who loosened that screen, I wonder if she tried to escape, I wonder a lot of things about her father and things that were going on in that house and in the relationship between the parents.

this has always been a strange case to me, and I have a hard time ignoring feelings that I have towards the child's father... and feelings that I have about a child dying in a home that has been investigated by CPS not once but TWICE!!!

I have never had CPS in my home and I don't know anyone who has.

who called CPS on this family? why? who was doing what? what kind of abuse was alleged?

so now the female child is a murder victim, what else can go wrong in this house? who is the common denominator in all situations surrounding the disappearance of this little girl?

I just have a lot of trouble with the stranger angle and I think the neighbor heard Issa's father and someone else covering up this murder in the early morning hours and the dogs were probably barking at the the person who was helping and the unusual activity going on around the home at such an early hour.

and yes, daddy sounded wasted in the morning call to the police, IMO:moo::moo::moo:

I'm sure Sergio and Becky have named the cousin to investigators, but they're wise to refrain from disclosing the name to media. If they accused someone publicly without proof, they could be sued. MOO

I believe the immediate family is innocent. If it was the cousin, I do think one other person was involved, too. The other person, or an ex of the other person, may have provided the tip. Or, he could've confessed to a current GF/wife and she either called in the tip, or encouraged him to. JMO

I am open to considering one other person in light of some of the things that have happened. In that case, I believe only that one person had knowledge of what happened to Isa and covered it up. But, there could be other dynamics at play that are totally unrelated to Isa's disappearance and murder.

MOO

They have said they suspect him, so has their private investigator.
What is your opinion on why they won't publicly name him? If they general public had known his name, they would have been able to watch him and for Isabel.

Sergio and Becky said two of their dogs were inside with Becky and in kennels. Only the BLIND and DEAF dog was allegedly left outside. Their neighbor's interview contradicts this.

The neighbor who was awakened by male voices outside her window at 6:30 am said, “I also noticed their dogS (the Celis’ dogS) were barking.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGd8GcEyRw

It was during the night, while the family slept. No one heard sounds, not even from the dogs — two in kennels in the master bedroom, and one, age 17, who was deaf and blind in the back yard. This is what the child’s parents, Becky and Sergio Celis, recalled last week from their midtown home where they relived the disappearance of their only daughter……
http://tucson.com/laestrella/ciudad/isabel-celis-vanished-years-ago/article_0e040a88-6dc9-5fde-8887-41e9862f886f.html

Maybe at 5 am, Segio let the dogs out into the yard. If they had been locked in their crates all night, and they saw him come into the room, early in the morning, they may have then wanted to go outside.

What is your opinion on why they won't publicly name him? If they general public had known his name, they would have been able to watch him and for Isabel.

Sorry on my phone so linking is a pain in the butt. They have all but said his name. But pointed at him heavily by stating he won't answer their questions, and lawyered up. The fact his name hasn't actually been said is probably as another poster said, for legal reasons. That being said, the crime watch daily story that has been linked a couple of times in the first thread states; TPD does not share the Celis's PI's theory about JM. The PI does not have all the information they do.

To me that indicates LE has an idea of what happened to Isa. I find it hard to believe an abductor took her without anyone hearing or seeing anything on all those cameras. I tend to stick with simple theories because they usually end up being true. The one night Dad sleeps on the couch, and Isa sleeps in her own room, she disappears. Those odds speak volumes to me.

Maybe at 5 am, Segio let the dogs out into the yard. If they had been locked in their crates all night, and they saw him come into the room, early in the morning, they may have then wanted to go outside.
In the Katie Couric interview, Sergio and Becky stated only the deaf and blind dog was outside while the family was sleeping.

I am thinking the same thing, the friend the cousin was with gave an interview about that night and them partying.

MOO

marking my spot

Tucson police continue their investigation into the Isabel Celis case. Her remains were found last month in rural Pima county. TPD is being tight-lipped about where she was found, and how they came across her remains. News 4 Tucson's Lupita Murillo went to the Phoenix area to talk with a private investigator who spent years searching for Isabel. It's a Crime Trackers report you'll see only on 4.

"Find me" is an organization based here in Chandler. The founder is a retired federal agent who has a team of volunteers who look for missing people. They've also been searching for Isa from the beginning.

"I believe there are two people involved and I provided the Tucson Police Department with that information," says Kelly Snyder.Snyder is now a private investigator.

"One of the individuals was a relative. He left the state and left everything behind." On Friday Tucson Police Chief Chris Magnus said the remains were found in rural Pima county.

"I do have sources that have provided information in the Pima county area. I haven't been able to track that down yet, there's some interesting areas in Pima County, 30 plus miles from where Isabel went missing .

http://www.kvoa.com/story/35061334/...sabel-celis-still-following-leads-in-the-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee