Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...980-3f03-11e4-b1eb-b370ec8534d4.html?mode=jqm

Meth binge preceded girl’s slaying: Suspect in 8-year-old’s death told police he had spent all day smoking
By DK McDONALD The Daily News | Posted 3 hours ago

On Sept. 4 nearly 100 items were removed from the home by police as evidence, according to the search warrant, including a pair of girls panties found on the exterior west wall of the home. Other items of clothing seized included a dark gray T-shirt with bleach stains found in an outdoor recycle bin, a black zip-up hoodie found in a trash container in the driveway of the home and a pair of blue jeans with a flower print found in a trash bag. Police also seized a white trash bag containing paper towels with brown stains, as well as all bed linens from Grogan-Cannella’s bed and a portion cut out of a mattress from inside the home.

Wow I am beginning to think that I could have been right on with my theory that maybe she had an accident and that 's why she had no pants on.

I'm wondering if she was told what to say and did so out of fear. JMO I don't know what to think.

I hate to say this, but I'm wondering if 10yo's story is accurate....

I said this right off in the beginning that I wondered if they used her as an out. If the story came from a 10 year old child the police are going to be more apt to believe the 10 year old out of all them.

After rape / murder at the house, JJR changes shirt(s).

After the burial JJR realizes he needed another change.

There has been no evidence of her being sexually abused. That charge was not on JJR's indictment unless that has changed.

JJR didn't act alone, no doubt in my mind now. JMO

When I read brown stains I first thought poop.... 30 years of IBD :facepalm:

I'm so behind. I wish we could call a TO on a thread until we catch up . But since we cannot please tell me why you're sure now not just solo perp. TIA !

I'm so behind. I wish we could call a TO on a thread until we catch up . But since we cannot please tell me why you're sure now not just solo perp. TIA !

Idk, there is so much we cannot talk about, I really want to read the search warrant in full myself. I am not saying he didn't commit the murder alone, but the timeline is just so whack and taking into account the evidence removed we know so far, part of mattress, panties on wall outside, tshirts with bleach stains in bin, hoodie, paper with brown stains..attempted clean up? I just can't see how he did all that in such a short time, AND did what he did at the wash, the burying... etc. I just can't see how he didn't have some form of help, whether it be transport, clean up, cover up, lies. I just don't know, its totally cray and I can't get my head around it. I also like to work with cold hard FACTS, and this is all so convoluted now I can't even remember fact from rumour.... and now I'm rambling

I've been trying to follow this case, but haven't been able to read everything, so if I am missing something ...
I see why some feel "others" may have been involved in cleaning up the crime scene, or even in the crime itself. The whole timeline is sketchy at best.
But I don't see Rector covering for anyone else in that home, not now at least. He's sober, in jail, and only thinking about how best to save his own neck.
One thing that keeps coming to mind is that jail visit Tania tried to make. She stated she wanted to ask him "why". But what if it was really about trying to tell him "what to say"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd9JoA8QPz8
Personally, I'm still on the fence about RF & TG. Are they truthful, NOPE. But that doesn't mean they were involved or had knowledge of what happened to Bella that night. TBD, I guess.

I found a twitter link for the case, maybe they will post the PC and SW at some point https://twitter.com/mohavecourts

ETA- For those of you asking if the exterior of the house is stucco. The video shows that it is stucco, also shows the exterior walls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQVUMSgNGY&feature=youtu.be

I can see Rector agreeing to dispose of an already deceased Bella, and tidy up, for drugs.
He's fresh out of rehab. No money. Feening.
What if it wasn't actually him that killed her? And she died earlier in the day? He agrees to get rid of the evidence, and spends the afternoon smoking his pay?
I'm speculating pretty hard here, I know. But I can see it as a good possibility...
Except for three things, OTOH:
1) This would imply that Bellas sister was lying about seeing her and playing Hide and Seek that night. And while I wouldn't want to accuse her of lying, a peek at her FB, and her love for TG, and her excitement about actually moving back in with her... I don't know. I could see a certain 'someone' using that love against her.
2) Other people in that circle were lying. I can see this happening.
3) That someone in that house paid in advance, for services not yet rendered. They 'fronted' Rector. From what I have read on SM... in 'someone's' own words, that wouldn't happen.

So yes, it sounds like we need to see the SW !

There is some interesting rumours on the fb pages. apparently they are from some relatives of JJR... I think the truth or at least what Justin is claiming to be the truth, has been told to the officers, and now the police are corroborating the stories, or trying to...

Good idea but what about the noise? That late at night, a work night for most people, wheeling a garbage can down the street with an almost 100lb girl in it would be sure make noise. Wouldn't it have waken somebody up?

Such containers do emit noise, and hearing that sound from inside one's house might draw curiosity or might elicit indifference. To date, we do not yet know if others (beyond the eyewitness reports of a JJR-like individual leaving the wash or the other eyewitness account near the Wal-Mart) have reported anything during interviews with LE.

I can see Rector agreeing to dispose of an already deceased Bella, and tidy up, for drugs.
What if it wasn't actually him that killed her? And she died earlier in the day? He agrees to get rid of the evidence, and spends the afternoon smoking his pay?
I'm speculating pretty hard here, I know. But I can see it as a good possibility...
1) This would imply that Bellas sister was lying about seeing her and playing Hide and Seek that night. And while I wouldn't want to accuse her of lying, a peek at her FB, and her love for TG, and her excitement about actually moving back in with her... I don't know. I could see a certain 'someone' using that love against her.
3) That someone in that house paid in advance, for services not yet rendered. They 'fronted' Rector. From what I have read on SM... in 'someone's' own words, that wouldn't happen.

Suppose big sis didn't see Bella and an adult said''' shes' playing hide and seek, go find her''. I mean , yes this is wild speculation but that could mean big sis is telling the truth but never actually ' found' her? IDK.

(thinking out loud) So the search warrant was served 2 days after, wondering if police observed panties on wall and clothing in bins when first searching for Bella :thinking:

Cause for a search warrant most likely came about after JJR revealed to LE he had been getting high in the house / in a bedroom. He may have told them more but LE might not have included that in the cause docs, as simply admitting to being there and getting high certainly would be enough for cause. Additional revelations would simply be passed on to the prosecution / grand jury.

Now that we have more info, I have an alternate theory:

Maybe this was a haphazard attempt to cover up a SA gone wrong by a bunch a delusional and paranoid tweakers?

Breaking it down:

The sister initially stated that she heard yelling. Maybe JJR attempted to SA the victim but she fought him off which in his meth induced state, led him to violently over-reacting and strangling her. This would explain the missing clothes, the lack of SA evidence and motive.

The parents may have decided in a meth paranoid haze, that they would be accused if she was found in their home, so they decided to help cover it up to save their own skin. This would explain the haphazard attempt to clean the scene and subsequent discovery of evidence, the delay in calling 911, the changing stories and reason JJR wasn't mentioned during that call. It was only AFTER the sister mentioned him that they started really screwing up their stories - possibly in an attempt to deflect blame while still trying to help him to a degree. Perhaps they were not sure what he was telling LE so they kept changing the events to cover up their involvement. TG wanted to "tell" the accused something very badly and was adamant of visiting him. I also think the underwear was planted in an attempt to throw suspicion on a kidnapping/SA. I can't imagine LE missing such crucial evidence when searching for a child. They would have scoured every inch of that property.

I think the sister really DID hear yelling and later retracted and changed her story after being coached, possibly told she would be blamed if anyone ever finds out. Tweakers have severe delusional thinking and intense paranoia. It's not a stretch to surmise they acted out of fear of persecution. The three of them concocted a story to make it look like a kidnapping gone wrong, which in their ignorance, thought it would work and all three of them would be in the clear. After JJR was arrested, TG needed desperately to be believed and cleared, so despite LE's instructions, went on a press tour.

It states its his attorney's number.

I'm glad they're doing this. It means they're taking reports serious. Several people have commented elsewhere on skeptical things Rector supposedly told people. It could also show if he was attempting to put together a back up. I wonder, can they pull transcripts of the calls if they were done from inside of a jail? Those lines are recorded, right? I think visitation calls (visits where a window separates the visitor from the inmate) could be recorded as well, or no? I think this is being said bc it's going around that Rector told someone he only helped with the burial... This was all over social media and comments on news articles, all were reported to the police.

Clearly an attempt for prosecution to stay ahead of any possible defense and possibly to rule in / out conspiracy. I should think this subpoena to be common.

We think alike and at almost the same time!

Wow I am beginning to think that I could have been right on with my theory that maybe she had an accident and that 's why she had no pants on.

I said this right off in the beginning that I wondered if they used her as an out. If the story came from a 10 year old child the police are going to be more apt to believe the 10 year old out of all them.

There has been no evidence of her being sexually abused. That charge was not on JJR's indictment unless that has changed.

No report at this time, as either forensics has not been completed or not yet reported. The 'rape' is merely assumption.

Idk, there is so much we cannot talk about, I really want to read the search warrant in full myself. I am not saying he didn't commit the murder alone, but the timeline is just so whack and taking into account the evidence removed we know so far, part of mattress, panties on wall outside, tshirts with bleach stains in bin, hoodie, paper with brown stains..attempted clean up? I just can't see how he did all that in such a short time, AND did what he did at the wash, the burying... etc. I just can't see how he didn't have some form of help, whether it be transport, clean up, cover up, lies. I just don't know, its totally cray and I can't get my head around it. I also like to work with cold hard FACTS, and this is all so convoluted now I can't even remember fact from rumour.... and now I'm rambling

I would disagree regarding not having enough time. A 26 minute-window (assuming the smallest time window based on what we think we know) is not an eye-blink moment. How long would it take? And it is quite possible JJR had 2+ hours for transport and burial and Wal-Mart .. we're not talking great distances.

Cause for a search warrant most likely came about after JJR revealed to LE he had been getting high in the house / in a bedroom. He may have told them more but LE might not have included that in the cause docs, as simply admitting to being there and getting high certainly would be enough for cause. Additional revelations would simply be passed on to the prosecution / grand jury.

I didn't mean that. I meant when police originally were called and searched for Bella, presuming they searched the home and around it, were the panties and clothing seen then? And noted? Or not until the search warrant was executed. That is what I would like to know. Were they there on day 1, or were they put there after.

SBM, BBM

Now that we have more info, I have an alternate theory:

Maybe this was a haphazard attempt to cover up a SA gone wrong by a bunch a delusional and paranoid tweakers?

Breaking it down:

The sister initially stated that she heard yelling.

I can't imagine LE missing such crucial evidence when searching for a child. They would have scoured every inch of that property.

As far as Isabella's sister "heard screaming", I recall only one article reported that, and it easily may have been misconstrued reporting. LE (the official word) disputed the scream report.

When searching for a lost child no one would think to look at the wall of a house. I can see panties going unnoticed during evening / overnight searching and even during the day if the article was hanging / attached to the stucco .. I suppose it depends on where it was located; close to the split between the floors where the first floor roof overhang would hide it from ground-level view.

I didn't mean that. I meant when police originally were called and searched for Bella, presuming they searched the home and around it, were the panties and clothing seen then? And noted? Or not until the search warrant was executed. That is what I would like to know. Were they there on day 1, or were they put there after.

I can not fathom a logical reason why conspirators would present the panties in such a manner, except maybe to hide the fact that Isabella may have been sexually assaulted but given the state in which Isabella's body was found it would be a moot point - no panties nor shorts on / with Isabella's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard