AZ AZ - James Daniels Jr, 42, from WY, moving friend w/refrig trk b/w Kingman & Wickenburg 21 Aug 2021

Okay; thank-you for that.

Last location that can be verified is the eye witness 911 calls at 4am at mile marker 164 US 93.

Well then...my guess is JD's remains are near mile marker 164 on US 93. My best guess is that he was panicked and cold, and possibly drinking something other than water. He left the road for some reason -maybe to try to start a fire or just because nature called- and was likely still there somewhere -maybe passed out, sick or injured- when the DPS officers stopped. The dog might've led the officers to him, but apparently, they were only concerned with trying to capture it. :(

Leaving anyone on the side of the road in the Arizona summer is a disaster-in-the-making but I don't know if either AD or JD knew that.

It seems AD's friends think he might've "done something" to JD, and if they know him well enough, I'd give them some credence, but otherwise, it really sounds like a tragic accident.

I think it's possible someone offered JD a ride somewhere before the DPS arrived, but I think he would've taken the dog with. He might have been too angry at AD to contact him again, but I'm sure he would've been in touch with his family and other friends by now.

updated Sept 12, 2022

• daniels_james.jpg
  • daniels_james2.jpg
  • daniels_james3.jpg
  • daniels_james4.jpg
  • daniels_james5.jpg
Daniels, circa 2021
  • Missing Since 08/22/2021
  • Missing From Yavapai County, Wyoming
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 10/13/1978 (44)
  • Age 42 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 185 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description Black jeans. He frequently wears a kilt.

• Associated Vehicle(s) White international box truck with no license plates, the words "Got Milk" on the back and the words "Liberty Distribution" on the sides

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Daniels may go by his initials, JD, or the nickname Mojo. He has a tattoo of his last name "Daniels" on his back.

Details of Disappearance​

Daniels was last seen in Yavapai County, Arizona. He was helping a friend move from Nevada to Mississippi. They were driving in separate vehicles through Arizona when, at around sunset on August 21, one of the vehicles got a flat tire between Kingman and Wickenburg on U.S. Highway 93.

Daniels stayed behind with a trailer, a boxer truck and his dog, a brown and white spaniel named Penny, while his friend drove to fix the tire. The friend went to Wickenburg, but as it was too late to get any service, he had to wait until morning. When he drove back to where he had left Daniels, Daniels was gone.

Four witnesses saw Daniels between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. on August 22, on the side of the highway. He was apparently disoriented. By the time an Arizona State Trooper arrived at the scene at 4:30 a.m., Daniels was gone. The trooper saw the dog, Penny, but Penny ran off into the desert.

Daniels has never been heard from again. He may be driving a white international box truck with no license plates, the words "Got Milk" on the back and the words "Liberty Distribution" on the sides.

He is from Jackson, Wyoming, and Wyoming police are assisting with the investigation into his disappearance. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

Investigating Agency​

• Yavapai County, Arizona Sheriff’s Office 928-777-7271
  • Teton County, Wyoming Sheriff's Department 307-733-2331

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 12, 2022; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back