Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

I can't find one iota of real information other than he 'disappeared chasing grasshoppers 100-200 yards away'.

anyone else?

And that his mother was with him..... I edited a post a while back because I was confused as to whether she was with him or not, but the consensus seems to be that they were together, 100 to 200 yards away. What would have distracted her to not see where he went (after a brief amount of time) and for him not to hear her calling, or she not to hear him??? JMO

I know there was talk late last night and earlier today about him being found in a lake and drowning. I've only heard one reporter say that and it was in a short video issued by News 15 out of Phoenix, and even she didn't say he drowned, she said he was "found in a lake".

First of all, there aren't any real lakes around there, they are more like watering holes and cattle tanks. Many of them are man-made, and were dug by the forest service years and years ago to help the animal population always have a water source. Many of them are located at the higher elevations, which is where the elk, deer and bears like to congregate in the winter months. The majority of these tanks range between 50'-100' feet across and maybe 4'- 8' deep, if that. We have a lot of tanks over here in the area I live that are just like them.

Although I am going to hold off on buying into the drowning theory until an official report is issued, I did sit here this morning and look for those types of water sources close to the area they were camping. Since I don't know where he was found, I really don't know how far out to go with the locations. So for now, I just found the ones within about a 5 to 6 mile radius of where they were camping. The campsite I located is approximate, so don't start busting my chops on how do I know EXACTLY where they were camping and other annoying questions.

You can highlight the individual tanks and basins in the menu to the left. You can zoom in and enlarge using the center wheel on your mouse. You can also click directly on the balloons for a description. Some will have the distance to the family campsite listed to help judge distances from where he disappeared. All of the distances shown are straight-line distance, not actual walking or driving distance.

ETA: If you notice, in the area where the shoe print was supposedly found, I could find NO WATER SOURCES in the area----zilch. What I could find was dried up back when the sat. images were taken.
In my opinion, that in itself may have helped lead to his demise. We're all going to have to wait on the final report to come out.

Map here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kcsOUmM2GJ3A&usp=sharing

It could be a birthmark.

On the side of his face by his eye? Maybe, but it looks like a fresh blood blister to me. His front tooth is also chipped and I believe I saw an old scar on the right beside his nose, and his left eyelid is almost black. All suspicious, to me, but I don't live in a remote campground, fortunately. JMO

On the side of his face by his eye? Maybe, but it looks like a fresh blood blister to me. His front tooth is also chipped and I believe I saw an old scar on the right beside his nose, and his left eyelid is almost black. All suspicious, to me, but I don't live in a remote campground, fortunately. JMO

Does the family live at the campground?? I thought they were on an outing/vacation.

The mark by Jerolds eye is called a Hemangioma or Strawberry Birthmark. It looks simular to this:

Hemangioma.jpg

Sad to know that little Jerold has lost his life. :(

Does the family live at the campground?? I thought they were on an outing/vacation.

I have only read that they are from Colorado City. So I do not know if that is where they actually have homes there, or did at one time....It is possible that this was just an outing. It's also possible that IF they are FLDS, they may have broken away from the main group. I do hope that we will hear the whole story soon. First, let's find out what the ME says about cause of death. I heard the video which stated that he was found in a lake, too. But I think that the reporter may have wrongly injected that because the report was from Lake Jacob or Jacob Lake (?) which is a large vicinity. JMO

I know there was talk late last night and earlier today about him being found in a lake and drowning. I've only heard one reporter say that and it was in a short video issued by News 15 out of Phoenix, and even she didn't say he drowned, she said he was "found in a lake".

First of all, there aren't any real lakes around there, they are more like watering holes and cattle tanks. Many of them are man-made, and were dug by the forest service years and years ago to help the animal population always have a water source. Many of them are located at the higher elevations, which is where the elk, deer and bears like to congregate in the winter months. The majority of these tanks range between 50'-100' feet across and maybe 4'- 8' deep, if that. We have a lot of tanks over here in the area I live that are just like them.

(snipped for space)
Map here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kcsOUmM2GJ3A&usp=sharing

Thanks for the great map Steelman. You mentioned that many of the lakes and watering holes might be dry. Hasn't it been rainy there recently? Wouldn't the holes and basins fill up even if only for a day or two after it rains?

I just keep getting this image that this poor little boy, lost for days was trying to get a drink of water and drowned. Of course, he could have wandered straight to the lake and died within hours of when he went missing. Can't get him off my mind. :(

Thanks for the great map Steelman. You mentioned that many of the lakes and watering holes might be dry. Hasn't it been rainy there recently? Wouldn't the holes and basins fill up even if only for a day or two after it rains?

I just keep getting this image that this poor little boy, lost for days was trying to get a drink of water and drowned. Of course, he could have wandered straight to the lake and died within hours of when he went missing. Can't get him off my mind. :(

I think that but then I think that he'd be more inclined to try to make his way back to camp, yelling for his mom. I'm not certain my kiddos first instincts when thirsty would be to drink out of a pond, they might as a last resort but I don't even think they'd do it the first day. They'd be whining a lot for sure.

I wonder if he stumbled down an embankment into the water? Even if it was shallow he could have hit his head and been knocked unconscious then drowned.

They may or may not still be dry, it's hard to say. Commonly those satellite images are at least 2 to 3 years old, sometimes older. I can tell by looking at the sat. images that a forest fire must have blown through there sometime in the recent past, like in the last 3 or 4 years maybe. The whole top of the mountain was scorched right down to the dirt, you can tell by all the dead-and-down trees. Finding a date of the forest fire would help to date the sat. images. Obviously they were taken AFTER the fire. It would have been really soon afterwards, because there is hardly any green vegetation showing up in the burned area.

We do not know he drowned. Do we?

Not officially. I listened to ONE news report this morning by a lady at channel 15 in Phoenix, she ended her report saying Jerold was "found at the lake", or something to that effect. I haven't seen another MSM article report that or even imply that........so I'm a little skeptical about it being a possible cause. If that information had been provided by authorities to the news media, you can rest assured that every one of them would be blasting it all over the headlines. Ain't happening.

If it does turn out to be true, more than likely he went down into one of these cattle tanks or watering holes and got himself in trouble while trying to get a drink of water. Short of that, I don't see how or why he would have drowned.

Yesterday, downstairs, the call that was broadcast was a code 900. If you look that up, it can mean a couple of different things. It all depends on how each individual jurisdiction has their codes set up. What it almost ALWAYS means, is that the body of a deceased person was found.

I think that but then I think that he'd be more inclined to try to make his way back to camp, yelling for his mom. I'm not certain my kiddos first instincts when thirsty would be to drink out of a pond, they might as a last resort but I don't even think they'd do it the first day. They'd be whining a lot for sure.

I wonder if he stumbled down an embankment into the water? Even if it was shallow he could have hit his head and been knocked unconscious then drowned.

Also, FLDS kids aren't allowed to learn to swim as Warren Jeffs has decreed that bodies of water are of the devil. https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-...ntalist-church-jesus-christ-latter-day-saints
Al

This may seem an odd remark after the fact, but wonder if Jerold was given boundaries when they first arrived? I understand he was with a group of 20, however, my littles always had their boundaries. When a group of children are playing, the older ones will go farther out to play and it really is not their responsibility to watch the little ones tagging along. JMO.

Speaking of this group of 20 that was in Jerold's party, do we know how many were adults and how many were children? Just curious, not blaming anyone.

Such sad news to wake up to this morning. Jerold, you are loved and missed.

Not sure of the ages of the people there. But it sounds like he was with just his mother a bit away from the group. I'm sure there are some 5 year olds who really don't care about what boundaries they've been given. Even a 'responsible' 5 year old could wander off. For all we know, the mom stepped away to go to the bathroom or something and he ran off and got lost (just as an example.) Or maybe he got mad at his mom and ran off and got lost (just another example.)

I don't think it's been said that they LIVED at the campground.

I try not to read too much into scraps, bruises, etc. on kids unless there is some other reason to speculate on it. Most kids I know are fairly prone to those sorts of things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back