Found Deceased AZ - Jessica White, 34, left for hike, phone pinged near Overgaard, Goodyear, 9 Apr 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Where is Jessica White?

The 34-year-old has been missing since Easter Sunday after she left her Goodyear home for a hike and never returned.

“I’m really worried,” said her mother, Julie Marks. “This is unlike her.”
Marks said her daughter left their home near Estrella Pkwy and Willis Road shortly after 1 p.m. on April 9. She was sitting in the living room and saw White go to the garage and drive away in her 2005 Acura TL.

“She said, ‘bye mom’ and she looked like she had black boots on, and I just assumed she was going hiking, and had a backpack. That’s the last time I spoke to her,” the mother said.

White had an active lifestyle. She loved the outdoors, riding her bike, and going to the gym every day, Marks said.

A couple of hours after she left the home, the mother texted her and told her dinner was ready, but White never replied.

“A few hours later I texted her again saying, ‘Just let me know you’re okay,’” Marks said. “And then a couple of hours later again. I texted her again, ‘Please I’m very concerned’. Nothing. And then I called, and her phone was off.”

By that point it was 10:30 p.m. Marks waited until the morning to “give her the benefit of the doubt,” but White never came home. The first time that had ever happened since the family moved to Arizona from California about a year ago.

“It was really hard, I didn’t sleep,” the mother said.
After 7 a.m. she called the police and reported her missing.

GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Where is Jessica White?

The 34-year-old has been missing since Easter Sunday after she left her Goodyear home for a hike and never returned.

“I’m really worried,” said her mother, Julie Marks. “This is unlike her.”
Marks said her daughter left their home near Estrella Pkwy and Willis Road shortly after 1 p.m. on April 9. She was sitting in the living room and saw White go to the garage and drive away in her 2005 Acura TL.

“She said, ‘bye mom’ and she looked like she had black boots on, and I just assumed she was going hiking, and had a backpack. That’s the last time I spoke to her,” the mother said.

White had an active lifestyle. She loved the outdoors, riding her bike, and going to the gym every day, Marks said.

A couple of hours after she left the home, the mother texted her and told her dinner was ready, but White never replied.

“A few hours later I texted her again saying, ‘Just let me know you’re okay,’” Marks said. “And then a couple of hours later again. I texted her again, ‘Please I’m very concerned’. Nothing. And then I called, and her phone was off.”

By that point it was 10:30 p.m. Marks waited until the morning to “give her the benefit of the doubt,” but White never came home. The first time that had ever happened since the family moved to Arizona from California about a year ago.

“It was really hard, I didn’t sleep,” the mother said.
After 7 a.m. she called the police and reported her missing.

This is really scary - from the linked article:

Goodyear police pinged White’s phone. The result showed her last known location to be nearly 200 miles away from her home, by Highway 260 near the community of Overgaard.

Marks said the family doesn’t have any relatives or friends in that area. Nor did she hike there.

White left behind credit cards, her phone charger, and even her work clothes lined up ready for her Monday 6:30 a.m. shift, the mother said.

She also got a hold of White’s phone records, which Marks said showed no communication with anyone but her.

Goodyear Police Department ·​

MISSING PERSON- On 04/10/2023, Jessica White was reported missing by her mother from their residence in Goodyear.​

Jessica is a white female, 34 years old, 5’8’’, 185 lbs., with black hair, and brown eyes, last seen wearing an unknown shirt, black jeans, black boots, and had a black backpack with her.

Jessica left the residence in her green 2005 Acura ATL 4-door sedan, AZ license plate 3JA8PG.

Jessica’s phone was pinged, which showed her last known location to be in the area of Highway 260, near the city of Overgaard.

If Jessica is located, please contact Detective Bengt Erickson at (623) 882-7422 or Detective Justin Antholt at (623) 882-7709.

May be an image of 1 person

All reactions:

Wow, I'm impressed how members of the community are coming together to help search for Jessica!!

Overgard is about 162 miles from Goodyear heading northeast. Most of the route is pretty barren. As you head on 260 towards Overgard you pass a Circle K. There are also quite a few businesses in town on 260. I hope Goodyear PD has asked Overgard PD to check video for signs of her car passing through town.
The last phone ping was reported to be in the vicinity of Overgard, but as we learned in the Idaho college student murders case, pings in these less populated areas can mean the phone could be anywhere in a radius consisting of hundreds of miles.
Neighbors and residents have been checking trailheads for her vehicle with no luck. I hope she was not accosted and someone left with her and her vehicle.

Attachments

• BA4D810A-17CB-4112-BC96-39A56CB78F27.jpeg
    BA4D810A-17CB-4112-BC96-39A56CB78F27.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 12
  • A0CFA57C-96D4-407D-B765-E75ABDF009E8.jpeg
    A0CFA57C-96D4-407D-B765-E75ABDF009E8.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 12
Overgard is about 162 miles from Goodyear heading northeast. Most of the route is pretty barren. As you head on 260 towards Overgard you pass a Circle K. There are also quite a few businesses in town on 260. I hope Goodyear PD has asked Overgard PD to check video for signs of her car passing through town.
The last phone ping was reported to be in the vicinity of Overgard, but as we learned in the Idaho college student murders case, pings in these less populated areas can mean the phone could be anywhere in a radius consisting of hundreds of miles.
Neighbors and residents have been checking trailheads for her vehicle with no luck. I hope she was not accosted and someone left with her and her vehicle.
Someone in the search group said LE told her Mom the ping could be a 750 mile radious (thinking they meant to say 75 miles). Not sure if that was an educated guess or factual. Everyone who knows Jessica is saying she would never leave like this. Six days is a long time to be lost or injured, but I'm keeping hope alive for her Mom's sake.

Last edited:

Evan Short shared a link.​

Jessica White went missing from Goodyear Arizona on April 5th. On April 16th, the family was notified by Law Enforcement that Jessica was found in the forest of Navajo County, Arizona along with her vehicle. Unfortunately, this news was not the outcome the family had hoped for.

Her disappearance sparked an intense search effort by law enforcement and volunteers. Jessica's family wishes to express their gratitude to the community for their tremendous support and assistance during the search for Jessica.

We have expressed our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Ms. White. On behalf of the family, we ask that their privacy be respected during this difficult time.

On behalf of Jessica White's family,

Evan Short
Sonoran Family Advocates for the Missing.

That FB link didn't work but I found it on a website they had set up.

“She was doing really well in her job here,” Marks said. “She was happy; she was probably the happiest I’d seen in a long time. She’s not in any type of relationship either.”

“She loved to hike, and she was one to work out almost every day,” Marks said. “(She’s) in really good shape. Our HOA gym was closed on Easter.”

“There’s nothing; she wasn’t communicating with anyone during the last couple of days,” Marks said. “It wasn’t like she went to meet someone or anything.”

“She would never drive that far,” Marks said.

“She had all of her stuff ready for work on Monday,” Marks said. “She left her wallet full of credit cards. She didn’t carry her credit cards all the time, but she left her phone charger. She wasn’t planning on being alone.”

“She hasn’t been gone overnight in over a year,” Marks said. “She knows I’d worry. Sometimes she would work overtime and if she’s not home at a certain time I’ll text her, and she’ll say, ‘Mom, I was just working overtime.’”

“Maybe she went out to hike, something happened, and they took her car and they took her phone. I don’t know,” she said. “What I assume is some kind of foul play.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back