AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated 2 hours ago:

“Homicide investigators had suspected foul play in Bergman's disappearance, however, no arrest has been made, Phoenix police said.

A passerby spotted the body in a rural, remote area that is a 45-minute drive from the teenager's apartment.

On Thursday, the family said they were thankful to the bike rider who made the discovery.“
El Cajon Family Is 'Heartbroken' Over Teen's Death in Arizona

I wonder what brought them back to the apartment? Evidence found on her body, or perhaps her manner of death? Remember they already had the big mobile crime scene vehicle at the apartment the week after she disappeared?
Great question. They must have a reason for doing this. I still believe the roommate has not told the police everything she knows. I hope they reinterview her and she spills.

Great question. They must have a reason for doing this. I still believe the roommate has not told the police everything she knows. I hope they reinterview her and she spills.

Me too. From the minute I watched that video I felt she was lying and hiding something. She got so much grief on her IG page (for going mia) that she made it private.

I’m so not ready to hear this awful news.

RIP Kiera, prayers to your family and friends for their tragic loss. You didn’t deserve to have your life cut short like this.

Anxious for an arrest or two!!!

Thank you to the locals who helpfully posted images and described neighborhoods to us. It was really helpful in trying to understand where this happened. It's one of the best parts of WS: relevant, factual, local information. Now let's hear about an arrest or two!

Updated 2 hours ago:

“Homicide investigators had suspected foul play in Bergman's disappearance, however, no arrest has been made, Phoenix police said.

A passerby spotted the body in a rural, remote area that is a 45-minute drive from the teenager's apartment.

On Thursday, the family said they were thankful to the bike rider who made the discovery.“
El Cajon Family Is 'Heartbroken' Over Teen's Death in Arizona

So was that lime green bike there because the passerby stopped and called it in, and that's why there was a bike?

I’ve been following this case because I live in the neighborhood next to the apartment complex. I’m so sad for her family and hope they find justice for Kiera.

I am very suspicious of JC. Even more so since her body was discovered off the 85. This highway is the route one would take if traveling to or from San Diego. It is a remote area and lesser traveled. People don’t use this road unless you’re going to Gila Bend or SD. There are far more remote areas much closer to my house, specifically north of here, maybe a 20 minute drive. So it doesn’t make logistical sense for someone to go all the way to the 85, unless that someone is not familiar with the area, but familiar with that drive.

This is the most helpful information yet!

So was that lime green bike there because the passerby stopped and called it in, and that's why there was a bike?

While yet to be confirmed by LE, I believe that’s the likely explanation, IMO:

From a couple of articles published overnight (all BBM):
“Family of murdered El Cajon teen seeks justice”
Justina Myer; 10 hours ago:
“EL CAJON, Calif. – The family of a murdered El Cajon teen spoke out for the first time since investigators found her body outside of Phoenix earlier this week.

Kiera Bergman's family gathered to publicly thank the bike rider who they say found her body while riding along the highway .

Had you not went on your bike ride, she would still probably be there. So thank you,’ Kiera's mother, Kiersten Bragg told FOX 5.

[SBM]

‘It’s been really hard, knowing I can’t ever see my sister again,‘ Bergman's younger sister, Braydee Bragg, told FOX 5. ‘She doesn’t get to be at my wedding and I’ll never get to be at hers.’

Bergman's family also thanked the community for the outpouring of support they have received since the 19-year-old went missing in August.

[SBM]

It is unclear how soon the family can lay their daughter to rest. They plan to host a public celebration of life in the coming weeks.“
Family of murdered El Cajon teen seeks justice

“Parents of murdered missing El Cajon woman want justice”
Posted: Sep 06, 2018 8:19 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 06, 2018 8:40 PM EDT
“SAN DIEGO (NEWS 8) — 19-year-old Kiera Bergman disappeared on Aug. 4 after recently moving to Arizona with her boyfriend. Her body was found Monday and her remains were identified later in the week.

Breaking down in tears on Thursday, Kiera’s parents, the Bragg family in El Cajon, said they're very appreciative of the cyclist who discovered their daughter along a roadway in Maricopa County, Arizona.

I want to thank the bike rider guy who was out there and who came across my daughter,’ said Kiera’s mother Kiersten Bragg. ‘Thank you. Had you not went on your bike ride she would still probably be there, so I thank you for that.’”
Parents of murdered missing El Cajon woman want justice

Kiera’s family has shown so much grace and class throughout this truly horrendous ordeal. I have no doubt in my mind that’s exactly how Kiera was, too. Many prayers and much love to all of them.

Last edited:
I just realized Maricopa County Superor Court Criminal Case search results now show two separate entries for Jon-Christopher Clark.

In addition to the one having to do with the identity theft and forgery charges, on which he was indicted by a grand jury on August 27, records now show a separate case that involves a special search warrant.

Information on the latter is rather sparse: “Case Type” is “Special Warrants” with the County Attorney listed as the plaintiff.

“Disposition Information” section does not show any charges nor crime dates, and there are no dates or upcoming events listed under “Case Calendar.”

I strongly suspect this case has to do with Kiera, rather than the ID theft/forgery case, but any input from our lawyer friends on here would be much appreciated.

I know there is no way to tell until (or unless) there is an announcement from the county attorney’s office, but my hope is that there is a case being presented to a grand jury even as we speak, and we will hear of an additional indictment(s) against Clark very soon, that will help bring justice to Kiera and her family and friends.

ETA: I noticed Clark has been assigned a public defender in the ID theft/forgery case:
Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

Keith Terry | Tempe, AZ, Maricopa County Attorney

Attachments

• 202E14A5-1623-4F2F-9EA6-BDFDD277E00D.jpeg
    202E14A5-1623-4F2F-9EA6-BDFDD277E00D.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 20
  • EACA1C7E-89B2-4A3E-9194-BA659C9BFE74.jpeg
    EACA1C7E-89B2-4A3E-9194-BA659C9BFE74.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I just realized Maricopa County Superor Court Criminal Case search results now show two separate entries for Jon-Christopher Clark.

In addition to the one having to do with the identity theft and forgery charges, on which he was indicted by a grand jury on August 27, records now show a separate case that involves a special search warrant.

Information on the latter is rather sparse: “Case Type” is “Special Warrants” with the County Attorney listed as the plaintiff.

“Disposition Information” section does not show any charges nor crime dates, and there are no dates or upcoming events listed under “Case Calendar.”

I strongly suspect this case has to do with Kiera, rather than the ID theft/forgery case, but any input from our lawyer friends on here would be much appreciated.

I know there is no way to tell until (or unless) there is an announcement from the county attorney’s office, but my hope is that there is a case being presented to a grand jury even as we speak, and we will hear of an additional indictment(s) against Clark very soon, that will help bring justice to Kiera and her family and friends.

ETA: I noticed Clark has been assigned a public defender in the ID theft/forgery case:
Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

Keith Terry | Tempe, AZ, Maricopa County Attorney

I hope someone can explain it for us!

I think you're right, @inmyhumbleopinion. I think a special warrant is a request for warrant-related information. I think this "special warrant" entry is for the information collected incident to his arrest - DNA sample, finger prints, any tracking, etc., that he said happened when the "10 officers" came to his car.

Just reading between the lines I think the original search of the car and him was connected to Kiera's disappearance, and only when they searched they found evidence of unrelated crimes that he was charged with. I think if the original warrant was for forgery, it would be collapsed under the forgery case. Good catch!

I hope someone can explain it for us!

I also hope that a request for copies of the affidavit for the special search warrant and the returned search order has been submitted by a member of the media. It appears both documents were filed yesterday, so they should be available, IMO.

Any thoughts, @David_Lohr ;)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member