AZ - Michael Milke, 4, brutally murdered, Phoenix, 2 Dec 1989

I don't think she was innocent. I have a big issue with them finding the same caliber of bullet in her purse...

This makes no sense to me.

I don't know much about the case, but want to presume her innocent for now. I want to remain a hopeful romantic. Nice to see you Scarlett! :wave:

I don't know much about the case, but want to presume her innocent for now. I want to remain a hopeful romantic. Nice to see you Scarlett! :wave:

I always want to believe they are innocent... But this one bothers me greatly. The bullets in her purse just keep saying something to me.. :)

I always want to believe they are innocent... But this one bothers me greatly. The bullets in her purse just keep saying something to me.. :)

I believe what she said about them, she found them in her roommate's pants pocket when doing laundry and put them in her purse to confront him about it, she had a young child and did not want guns around him. She may be guilty of bad judgement in men (her ex as well as the roommate) but that's a far, far cry from guilty of masterminding her young child's death.

Not surprised with this (bbm):

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 31m #DebraMilke remains free until 2015. Re-trial date moved to February 2, 2015 ..Saldate a no show in court...no word on if he'll invoke 5th.--

He's the one who should be facing a trial, in my opinion, not DM.

I believe what she said about them, she found them in her roommate's pants pocket when doing laundry and put them in her purse to confront him about it, she had a young child and did not want guns around him. She may be guilty of bad judgement in men (her ex as well as the roommate) but that's a far, far cry from guilty of masterminding her young child's death.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 31m #DebraMilke remains free until 2015. Re-trial date moved to February 2, 2015 ..Saldate a no show in court...no word on if he'll invoke 5th.--

Geevee, I agree with what you say. The more I read about this case, the more I feel sorrow for this woman.

On one thing I disagree with you. I don't want the two men on death row to have a re-trial. Both of them are guilty as sin. They were directly involved and they killed that child and lied afterwards about it. I am glad Debra is getting a retrial, in my opinion, there was more evidence in the Casey Anthony case to prosecute and get a conviction. However, in this case there is not even enough circumstantial evidence to get half a conviction.

I am amazed that it took so long to get a retrial on this case.

This case is going to be EPIC.

Geevee, I agree with what you say. The more I read about this case, the more I feel sorrow for this woman.

On one thing I disagree with you. I don't want the two men on death row to have a re-trial. Both of them are guilty as sin. They were directly involved and they killed that child and lied afterwards about it. I am glad Debra is getting a retrial, in my opinion, there was more evidence in the Casey Anthony case to prosecute and get a conviction. However, in this case there is not even enough circumstantial evidence to get half a conviction.

I am amazed that it took so long to get a retrial on this case.

This case is going to be EPIC.

Hi Davita :) I agree, I don't think either of the men deserve a new trial at all, I wholly believe in their guilt, but I think DM was 'guilt by association' and railroaded by a lying detective (who was a known liar), and I too am just tummy-twisted over how long it's taken to get her out of prison. I don't think she should be put through another trial but..ummm...Mont. didn't ask my opinion before he proceeded. lol

Oral arguments tomorrow it seems. Any clue of whether these are usually streamed?

oh, and thanks geevee my friend for digging up all that background. :rocker:

Oral arguments tomorrow it seems. Any clue of whether these are usually streamed?

No clue, will keep the twitter page open and see if a link pops up. Heck, why fib, I'll probably keep all the local streams open as well to see if any become live. lol

Here's a news clip from yesterday with our tweeter Mary Ellen Resendez (with a little court footage):

[video=youtube;yG0VpTRIwIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0VpTRIwIo[/video]

[
But there's no proof that Saldate was the only reason she was convicted. And, like most appeals lawyers, the role of Saldate's former misconduct has been overhyped as being the reason for the conviction.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Just because there is misconduct oh the part of a Police Officer does not mean the defendent is innocent. Think Mark Furhman and OJ.

She was guilty then and she's guilty now. It is not uncommon for a convicted murderer to have a bunch of supporters, some not all that familiar with the evidence presented the first time, that will provide all sorts of surperficially convincing arguments about the persons innocence. The arguments are generaally convincing because they are not true (Jeffrey Macdonald, Darlie Routier).

Fuhrman's history and Oj had nothing to do with each other. This case is different....if the cop has a history of doing the same thing in other cases, as this one has, why in the world should he be believed now? His misconduct applies to this case because he had a history of not following SOP.He chose not to follow SOP pretty often apparently. He had a history of deviating from it. If a cop has a history of doing similar things in past cases, why should he believed now? Please. That misconduct alone should have been allowed in, but like many cases sadly both sides allow in or don't allow in things that could convict or release someone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4

I am on the fence with this case, my compassionate side tells me to give DM the benefit of the doubt, my "justice" voice tell me to get justice for the victim, being the little boy.

It seems the media is portraying a lot about the "not guilty" side of DM and no real evidence of her guilt is published.

Whatever the case may be, I find it disturbing that Saldate might plead the fifth or not even take the stand at all. To me such distancing behaviour from his end is a red flag. If he really believe in justice for Christopher, he will take the stand without a second thought. He surely has something to hide. That alone says a lot. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I believe he lied on the stand, but his behaviour is something to frown about.

There was a suggestion of sexual misconduct with a lady he pulled over once? Not sure of the details, but did he perhaps try the same with DM?

I agree that it was not only his testimony on the stand that sent DM to death row, however, his possible lying on the stand is the reason she is now facing a retrial.

DM might again be convicted and sent to death row, even without Saldate's testimony, but I doubt she will be sent to death row with the little evidence the State has. On the other hand, I don't know what evidence the State has, so it is hard to comment on her guilt or innocence.

What struck me as odd is the fact that Montgomery is so determined on sending DM back to death row, yet, he might offer Arias a plea deal. Priorities? What priorities?

I still say that they had more evidence (I think) against Casey Anthony, yet, she walked... . However, that was in a different state.

Yeah I don't know. If I found bullets while doing laundry I would have hidden them somewhere in the house to confront him not put them in my handbag. That does not make sense to me. It bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Auto correct has a mind of its own.

Yeah I don't know. If I found bullets while doing laundry I would have hidden them somewhere in the house to confront him not put them in my handbag. That does not make sense to me. It bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Auto correct has a mind of its own.

Hi SS, in my view, if she had any knowledge of what was going to happen to her son, would it be logical for her to put a box of bullets in her own purse? That makes zero sense to me. It'd make more sense if she said her roommate put them there (if she were trying to shield herself from suspicion), but she didn't, she said she put them there after finding them.

I'd love to know why this detective isn't or hasn't faced charges for the several instances of lying on the stand they've documented, going after this guy makes more sense than continually trying to convict this woman of anything more than having poor judgement in men.

[
QUOTE=thefragile7393;9866036]Fuhrman's history and Oj had nothing to do with each other. This case is different....if the cop has a history of doing the same thing in other cases, as this one has, why in the world should he be believed now? His misconduct applies to this case because he had a history of not following SOP.He chose not to follow SOP pretty often apparently

The point is a crooked cop does not equate to an innocent defendent. It equates only to a crooked cop. There is so much else here. What motivation is there for anyone else to murder her child?

I am not defending the cop. I just fail to see how that makes her innocent.

It buys her a new trial. I believe she will be convicted again. Then, if the outrage hasn't dmjnished too much, I can only hope she will again receive the DP. Then the dance starts all over again with appeals, etc and the murdering witch will probably outlive me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back