AZ - Natalie Flores, 5, Phoenix, 25 Dec 2009

I suspect they will wait for the Doctor's report to know what all they need to charge him with. He did have her for several hours. I pray my fears are wrong.

I admire WS'ers who listened to the scanner during the chase, because I'd never have been able to do it. Thank God little Natalie is alive and hopefully not harmed in any way.

The Amber Alert worked and the Phoenix LE did a TERRIFIC job. Praise the Lord.

I want to say a special word of THANKS to the police involved in the abduction - Thank you, guys, from the bottom of my heart. You men and women are an inspiration to all!

Opie, what thread is that? I haven't heard anything about them finding her. I did hear on the scanner where they had spotted a truck that had front end damage to it but they lost it in the area.

The AP just came across the wire that the Amber Alert is still active.

imo

They found her last night. Officer Mike Burns should be commended. She's alive and well.

Phoenix Girl Rescued in 'Christmas Miracle'

invisible_120x70.jpg

Updated: 48 minutes ago

Print
textresize
Text Size
E-mail http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...ere News&content=&lng=en&uid=4b2eb2d653ced30b More

Bob Seavey
AP

PHOENIX (Dec. 26) - A patrol officer spotted a suspected kidnapper's car and aided in the rescue of a 5-year-old girl, who was found uninjured in what police are calling Phoenix's "Christmas miracle."

Natalie Flores was rescued at about 9:30 p.m. Friday, more than seven hours after she was scooped up by a stranger while playing with her sisters outside their Phoenix apartment building.

"She is alive and well," police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill said.

Hill credited a "very alert" policeman with taking quick action after spotting what appeared to be the suspect's vehicle driving on a west Phoenix avenue, even though the license plate differed from reports.
1261830499624.JPEG
KTVK-TV / AP
Natalie Flores, 5, was rescued about seven hours after she disappeared on Christmas in Phoenix.

Officer Mike Burns pulled alongside and "saw a suspect that matched the description and thought he saw a small child," Hill told The Associated Press.

He said the pickup sped off, and Burns gave chase and alerted the force. Officers put spike strips across the road several blocks away that punctured the suspect's tires, causing him to crash on the roadside.

The man took off on foot but was caught and arrested a block away after a brief struggle.

"She is alive and well thanks to the timely diligence of officer Burns," Hill said. "It is rare in stranger abduction cases so much time can pass without a tragic ending. This was truly a Christmas miracle."

Police said the suspect is a 45-year-old man, but they haven't released his name and or any other details.

Hill said the man was being questioned by police and held on charges of kidnapping, aggravated assault on a police officer and felony pursuit.

The sergeant said Natalie appeared to be in good shape but was being examined by health officials.

Police received the call that Natalie had been taken at about 2:15 p.m. An Amber Alert was issued, and authorities began combing the area on foot, by car and with helicopters.

Hill said the child had been playing in a common area at the apartment complex with her two sisters, ages 7 and 9, when a man parked his brown pickup in a nearby parking lot and walked over to them carrying a camera.

"He physically grabbed the 7-year-old girl and forcibly took a photo of her," Hill said.

The man then forced Natalie into the truck and drove away. Witnesses reported that as the man was fleeing, he hit a parked car before entering southbound 19th Avenue.

Natalie and her sisters had been staying at an apartment in the complex with an aunt who has legal custody of them, Hill said. The girls' parents live separately out of state.

After the abduction, Natalie's older sister went to a neighbor's apartment and pounded on the door, The Arizona Republic reported. The woman who answered, Donna Reed, said the girl was carrying a ball and appeared to be shaking.

"She said some man just took her little sister," Reed told the newspaper. "She was a nervous wreck."

Reed called 911.

any more news? who was this guy? and how long were they gone? was it 9 hours?

i must say i was not expecting a good outcome, but so relieved to hear the good news.

any more news? who was this guy? and how long were they gone? was it 9 hours?

i must say i was not expecting a good outcome, but so relieved to hear the good news.
Natalie Flores was rescued around 9:30 p.m. Friday, more than 7 hours after she was scooped up by a stranger.
PHOENIX (AP) - A patrol officer spotted a suspected kidnapper's car and aided in the rescue of a 5-year-old girl, who was found uninjured in what police are calling Phoenix's "Christmas miracle."
Natalie Flores was rescued at about 9:30 p.m. Friday, more than seven hours after she was scooped up by a stranger while playing with her sisters outside their Phoenix apartment building.
"She is alive and well," police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill said.
Hill credited a "very alert" policeman with taking quick action after spotting what appeared to be the suspect's vehicle driving on a west Phoenix avenue, even though the license plate differed from reports.
Officer Mike Burns pulled alongside and "saw a suspect that matched the description and thought he saw a small child," Hill told The Associated Press.
He said the pickup sped off, and Burns gave chase and alerted the force. Officers put spike strips across the road several blocks away that punctured the suspect's tires, causing him to crash on the roadside.
The man took off on foot but was caught and arrested a block away after a brief struggle.
"She is alive and well thanks to the timely diligence of officer Burns," Hill said. "It is rare in stranger abduction cases so much time can pass without a tragic ending. This was truly a Christmas miracle."
Police said the suspect is a 45-year-old man, but they haven't released his name and or any other details.

(snip)
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?s...world&id=7189227&rss=rss-wtvg-article-7189227
7 hours.

I checked this site last night before bed. I wished I didn't I was so sad to see this. BUt I am so happy that the police officer went with his gut. I am so happy she is found safe!

*This is just a stab at trying to figure out who it is*

Paul S M******, is 45. The last name matches what I heard last night. The S. could be Steve, he is an RSO:

Risk Level: 3 High
Offense(s): ATTEMPTED MOLESTATION OF A CHILD
Convicting Jurisdiction: YUMA COUNTY

He has darker hair in his photo....but it was turning grey. Time will tell.

I may have missed it in the news reports. Is Natalie in the hospital or back home? I know they said she is alive and well. Is she unharmed?

Praying hard for this little cutie pie!

BeanE,

Everything I have found says unharmed. Not sure where she is tho.

BeanE,

Everything I have found says unharmed. Not sure where she is tho.

I just found this saying she was taken to the hospital last night.

Natalie has been taken to the hospital where she will be reunited with her family.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Abducted-5-year-old-found-safe-suspect-in-custody-80124097.html

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her overnight for observation for emotional reasons even if no physical problems. So I will just keep praying she's completely unharmed physically, and gets back home with her family today. Poor little thing.

I just found this saying she was taken to the hospital last night.

Natalie has been taken to the hospital where she will be reunited with her family.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Abducted-5-year-old-found-safe-suspect-in-custody-80124097.html

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her overnight for observation for emotional reasons even if no physical problems. So I will just keep praying she's completely unharmed physically, and gets back home with her family today. Poor little thing.

She will be having nightmares for years. This is too traumatic. I had a stalker once and I still have nightmares about him. Funny, I'm not scared but at night he haunts me.

Oh wow...what a Christmas miracle!

I came on here today and seeing this thread was such a joy
Great job by the LE there in Phoenix

and isn't that the "crazy" jail where they make them wear bright pink and sleep in tents LOL??

JMO>> with all the budget cuts I don't think the "system" can afford to coddle or protect child molesters

let them take their chances in general population

N*****, JOHN C #P616273

Booked: 12-25-2009
Sex: MALE
Race: WHITE
D.O.B: 06-28-1963
Height: 5'11
Weight: 165
Eye: BROWN
Hair BROWN

In Custody For:
001 FELONY COUNT OF RESIST ARREST-PHYSICAL FORCE
001 MISDEMEANOR COUNT OF ASSAULT-INTENT/RECKLESS/INJURE
001 MISDEMEANOR COUNT OF CRIMINAL DAMAGE-DEFACE

This is the only resisting arrest that could fit.......??????????? It does not include kidnapping, but I was wondering if they are "hiding" him, so to speak?

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Mugshot

L*******, NATHAN LANCE #P616383

D.O.B: 01-08-1963
Height: 6'01
Weight: 170
Eye: BLUE
Hair BLONDE OR STRAWBERRY

In Custody For:
001 MISDEMEANOR COUNT OF ASSAULT-TOUCHED TO INJURE

*Make that 2 possible.

N*****, JOHN C #P616273

D.O.B: 06-28-1963
Height: 5'11
Weight: 165
Eye: BROWN
Hair BROWN

In Custody For:
001 FELONY COUNT OF RESIST ARREST-PHYSICAL FORCE
001 MISDEMEANOR COUNT OF ASSAULT-INTENT/RECKLESS/INJURE
001 MISDEMEANOR COUNT OF CRIMINAL DAMAGE-DEFACE

This is the only resisting arrest that could fit.......??????????? It does not include kidnapping, but I was wondering if they are "hiding" him, so to speak?

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Mugshot

L*******, NATHAN LANCE #P616383

D.O.B: 01-08-1963
Height: 6'01
Weight: 170
Eye: BLUE
Hair BLONDE OR STRAWBERRY

In Custody For:
001 MISDEMEANOR COUNT OF ASSAULT-TOUCHED TO INJURE

*Make that 2 possible.

The first can't be because he's got brown hair.

The second is 46. I don't think it's either of them.

I've looked and nobody fits. I think they haven't booked him yet.

The first can't be because he's got brown hair.

The second is 46. I don't think it's either of them.

I've looked and nobody fits. I think they haven't booked him yet.

Just throwing out possibilities.....:angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back