AZ - Nick Cordova, 40, murder caught on surveillance video, Gilbert, May 27,2020

American National Insurance Company v. Cordova et al
Plaintiff: American National Insurance Company
Defendant: Gilbert Air LLC and Alysha Nicole Cordova
Case Number: 2:2021cv00766
Filed: April 30, 2021
Court: US District Court for the District of Arizona
Presiding Judge: Susan R Bolton
Referring Judge: John Z Boyle
Nature of Suit: Contract: Insurance
Cause of Action: 28 U.S.C. § 1335
Jury Demanded By: None

American National Insurance Company v. Cordova et al

So an insurance company was suing Nick's spouse and Gilbert Air? @Seattle1 @gitana1

The Insurer (American National) had no choice here to protect themselves from any action by two disputing parties. From their complaint filed in US District Court - District of AZ, they issued a $3M policy on the life of victim Nick Cordova pursuant to his life insurance application dated Sept 2018 -- naming his wife as the sole beneficiary.

American National alleges they received a change in beneficiary dated December 2018-- making Gilbert Air, LLC the sole beneficiary, naming no contingent beneficiary.

After Gilbert Air, LLC (i.e, DMS and his spouse) made a claim on the benefits of this policy, Nick's spouse filed a complaint in Maricopa County Superior Court as the Personal Rep of Nick's Estate-- in an attempt to block payment of the benefits to Gilbert Air, LLC. (Spouse alleges the beneficiary change submitted in December 2018 is false document/fraud by Gilbert Air, LLC).

Given the competing claims, American Air filed suit to request the US court intervene to decide the rightful beneficiary and relieve them of their obligation.

In response, the federal court ordered the monies deposited with the court ($3M plus interest), ordering the two defendants (spouse and LLC) to dispute the underlying complaint in State Court.

The US Court agreed to stay the interpleader action until March 14, 2022. Defendants have until March 7, 2022, to update the federal court on the status.

Has the Superior Court action been linked on the thread?

Per the American National Insurance complaint:

Case number CV2020-010554, captioned Alysha Nicole Cordova, individual and as Personal Representative of the Estate of Nicholas Shawn Cordova, deceased, Plaintiff v. DMS and SSS, husband and wife; Gilbert Air LLC, an
Arizona limited liability company; XYZ Corporations I-IV; ABC Partnerships I-V; John and Jane Does I-V, Defendants (“the Policy Litigation.

Since no criminal charges filed, can we discuss this?

ETA: add federal case number
U.S. District Court
DISTRICT OF ARIZONA (Phoenix Division)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 2:21-cv-00766-SRB

CM/ECF - azd

Last edited:
The Insurer (American National) had no choice here to protect themselves from any action by two disputing parties. From their complaint filed in US District Court - District of AZ, they issued a $3M policy on the life of victim Nick Cordova pursuant to his life insurance application dated Sept 2018 -- naming his wife as the sole beneficiary.

American National alleges they received a change in beneficiary dated December 2018-- making Gilbert Air, LLC the sole beneficiary, naming no contingent beneficiary.

After Gilbert Air, LLC (i.e, DMS and his spouse) made a claim on the benefits of this policy, Nick's spouse filed a complaint in Maricopa County Superior Court as the Personal Rep of Nick's Estate-- in an attempt to block payment of the benefits to Gilbert Air, LLC. (Spouse alleges the beneficiary change submitted in December 2018 is false document/fraud by Gilbert Air, LLC).

Given the competing claims, American Air filed suit to request the US court intervene to decide the rightful beneficiary and relieve them of their obligation.

In response, the federal court ordered the monies deposited with the court ($3M plus interest), ordering the two defendants (spouse and LLC) to dispute the underlying complaint in State Court.

The US Court agreed to stay the interpleader action until March 14, 2022. Defendants have until March 7, 2022, to update the federal court on the status.

Has the Superior Court action been linked on the thread?

Per the American National Insurance complaint:

Case number CV2020-010554, captioned Alysha Nicole Cordova, individual and as Personal Representative of the Estate of Nicholas Shawn Cordova, deceased, Plaintiff v. DMS and SSS, husband and wife; Gilbert Air LLC, an
Arizona limited liability company; XYZ Corporations I-IV; ABC Partnerships I-V; John and Jane Does I-V, Defendants (“the Policy Litigation.

Since no criminal charges filed, can we discuss this?

ETA: add federal case number
U.S. District Court
DISTRICT OF ARIZONA (Phoenix Division)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 2:21-cv-00766-SRB

CM/ECF - azd
Thank you @Seattle1

So most of us who have posted here, know that DS's previous wife met with an untimely demise in 2013. Google it for yourself, it's all there to read - that's all I'm going to say.

So now we have yet another death which is linked to DS, and learn there is $3M at stake? Tell me how Nick's death makes any sense? Would a heating & air company be a target for robbery? At 5:00 PM, in broad daylight?

Nick Cordova had a silent business partner who was rarely in the office. However, it seems that he was in the office during Nick Cordova's murder. It seems that during the scuffle that led to Nick's death, the silent partner was knocked out, but lived while Nick was killed. Really? Smacks of MFH, IMO

EbxyIrSUMAAep1M

Why can't we discuss this case Civil Court Case Information - Case History
@Seattle1 - what does all this mean?

Whether or not we have our own suspicions, sleuthing the business and/or owners of the LLC without being named POI/suspect in this investigation is prohibited by TOS.

While I shared information in the post above from the federal complaint by the Insurer (after learning in the Insurer's complaint that Nick's spouse filed a civil action in her capacity as executor of the victim's estate), I'm not comfortable posting additional information from the complaint or speculating about criminal allegations made by the spouse in civil court until we can cite evidence that LE launched a criminal investigation for the criminal allegations made by the spouse and/or the same reported by MSM.

Why hasn't LE reported any criminal allegations for insurance fraud?

Perhaps LE already investigated and cleared the business partner -- making him off-limits here.

We don't have access to the partnership instrument governing the terms of the operation including life insurance. We don't even know NC's actual ownership -- other than the generic check the box at greater than 20%.

The silence surrounding Nick's death investigation is sadly deafening... :eek:

Ok
DS was a partner in the business with someone else.
Nick then became Partner with DS in 2018 when the other person left the business back in 2018
The business moved to a different location March 2019
New document shows Nick removed and only DS as owner August 11 2020
This info is from the business Corporation and I have saved each document as a PDF
I am trying to get a timeline on following the business and the Money.
JMO
Articles of Amendment - LLC 20081120129593 08/11/2020 Approved
Statement of Change - LLC Principal Address/Stat Agent 19030416151528 03/04/2019 Approved
Articles of Amendment - LLC 18102416096613 10/24/2018 Approved
^^bbm

We don't have access to the operating agreement between the members of Gilbert Air, LLC which is believed to be an agreement that included the victim NC as at least 20% owner as of 9/21/2o18 and filed with AZ Sec of State on 10/24/18.

We further don't know if the agreement between the partners contained a buy-sell provision where the business survivor(s) buys out the former owner's interest in the business. If there was a buy-sell agreement here, life insurance proceeds could be used for this purpose where proceeds are paid to the owner's estate for his interest in the business.

Life Insurance

In the complaint by National American Insurance, they cite that NC made an application for life insurance also Sept 2018 -- the same month that he allegedly became a member/owner of the LLC, and the policy was issued on November 28, 2018.

However, about Dec 19, 2018, American National received a change of beneficiary request from NC's spouse to Gilbert Air, LLC, and no contingent beneficiary was designated.

Normally, you’d purchase a life or disability insurance policy, and your family members would be the beneficiaries.

In a key person insurance policy, the business is the owner and beneficiary of the policy, and the insured is the owner or executive who is central to the functioning of the business.

The purpose of key person insurance is to help a small business survive the death or disability of the owner or a core employee.

IMO, it follows that a silent partner who's not actively involved in a mechanical, service business would desire that the key person running the business be insured. Reportedly, it's this very decision that's being disputed-- who owned this policy? Who was actually paying the premiums for this policy?

Even in situations where there’s no key member of your business, key person insurance can be valuable or necessary. For example, in a small-business partnership, partners can purchase key person insurance to buy out the shares of former partners. Investors and lenders also often require key person insurance on a business’s management team.

Take note that the owner and beneficiary of a key person policy is the business. You'll need a separate, personal life insurance or disability policy to protect your family members if you pass away or become disabled.

The proceeds from key-person insurance can be put toward any of the following:
  • Covering operating expenses until you find a replacement hire.
  • Training the replacement hire.
  • Offsetting lost income.
  • Purchasing a former owner’s ownership interest in the business (you should also have a buy-sell agreement if you plan to use key person insurance for this purpose).
After the departure of the key employee, if you determine that it’s better to close down the company, the insurance proceeds can also be used to pay off debts, distribute money to investors, pay severance to employees and otherwise wind down the business. Insurance proceeds are tax-free as long as you obtain the key person’s consent before purchasing the policy and file Form 8925 with the IRS.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/small-business/key-person-insurance

Was so happy to finally see some chatter on this case. Then my jaw dropped when I read it. Seriously unbelievable. I have done my own sleuthing on the silent partner and his towing company when the murder first occurred and now this change of beneficiary- very disturbing. That poor widow of Nicks. I believe it’s obvious who is behind her husbands murder and was hoping investigators would finally get some leads. But looks like still nothing. Very frustrating. Come on wheels of Justice, get over the speed bumps and start moving in the right direction please. This widow deserves closure and her husbands death benefit.

Update on the status of records at AZ Sec of State as of today's date:

Take note the search results for the A.C.C. number [L15378005] associated with the entity which NC was a former member/owner along with DMS:

Search for File Number L15378005 yielded no results. Applicant searches retrieve only trade name, trademark and partnership records.

Searching by the owner/agent name DMS:

Search for Owner or Agent DMS yielded no results. Applicant searches retrieve only trade name, trademark and partnership records.

Searching for the business trade name, partnership: Gilbert Air, LLC

Search for Gilbert Air LLC found 1 result.
Please click the filing number link below to select the entity you wish to see.

This search results in what appears to be an unrelated entity (different A.C.C number) formed Nov 29, 2021, as "Gilbert Air Conditioning."

https://ecorp.azcc.gov/CommonHelper/GetFilingDocuments?barcode=18102416096613

https://apps.azsos.gov/apps/tntp/se.html

Can this be confirmed in any way?
Would be good if someone could confirm it for sure, haven't heard anything about it though. It just looks like quite a fresh haircut to me, but I don't know much about men's hairdressing, however it does look well styled, front and back.

Attachments

• suspect-hairstyle.png
    suspect-hairstyle.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 24
Would be good if someone could confirm it for sure, haven't heard anything about it though. It just looks like quite a fresh haircut to me, but I don't know much about men's hairdressing, however it does look well styled, front and back.

I noticed that in another pic and mentioned up thread that somebody should recognize him easily. I was wrong there obviously.

I noticed that in another pic and mentioned up thread that somebody should recognize him easily. I was wrong there obviously.
100% Worm, that's the clearest CTV image I've ever seen, and the fact that no-one recognises him is pretty amazing. Re the haircut, I just showed pic to hubby for first time and said, "Is that a professional haircut?" His direct reply, "Oh s#*t yeah". Haha ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back