Identified! AZ - Phoenix, UID Female, 11-18, 48UFAZ, May 1992 - Shannon Aumock

Also, I am not sure I'm following what's going on with this JD's teeth. Are they saying she didn't have any "eye teeth", isn't that a bicuspid? Or are they saying her baby teeth are still there and the adult bicuspids haven't come in yet?
It says missing.
Can anyone explain that for me.

I think that what they are saying is that she still has "baby" or primary teeth present that have no adult, permanent teeth behind them. They just never form for whatever reason. It doesn't say that all of her teeth are this way, but I'd have to go back and look at the report to see how many.

Sometimes a primary tooth can be retained for many years into a person's adulthood and sometimes the primary tooth simply falls out or decays over time and the space that it vacated never fills in.

I did a quick search for missing permanent teeth and found that it can be genetic or, in fewer circumstances, could be a result of some developmental issue. It's not incredibly common but not rare either.

Still, any dental x-ray would have revealed this issue by the time Doe reached her adolescence.

Here's the Namus explanation:

dental x rays are available.

Congenitally missing all four 2nd bicuspids namely #4, 13, 20 ,29.
Deciduous 2nd molars (a,j,k,t) are present in the bicuspid positions.
Mandibular right deciduous 2nd molar has an occlusal restoration.

I guess my question is, would this be something "noticeable", as it says the molars are present in the bicuspid position? Or are they just talking about her baby teeth haven't fallen out yet?

Here's the Namus explanation:

dental x rays are available.

Congenitally missing all four 2nd bicuspids namely #4, 13, 20 ,29.
Deciduous 2nd molars (a,j,k,t) are present in the bicuspid positions.
Mandibular right deciduous 2nd molar has an occlusal restoration.

I guess my question is, would this be something "noticeable", as it says the molars are present in the bicuspid position? Or are they just talking about her baby teeth haven't fallen out yet?

Good question.

If we interpret that as meaning she has molars that are literally in the position in her mouth that the bicuspids are supposed to be, there may be an explanation.

According to this pediatric dentist's blog http://cyberdentist.blogspot.com/2007/01/congenitally-missing-permanent-teeth.html, orthodontic treatment could correct gaps left when primary teeth fall out and no permanent tooth grows in. In other words, braces and other hardware might have moved existing teeth closer towards the center so that there was no noticeable space.

If this is the case, it could be a great identifying factor. It would signify that expensive orthodontic treatment took place, and it might make the Doe on the older end of the age spectrum that has been suggested.

I'd like to check with someone who specializes in this sort of thing, but I can't imagine an orthodontist completing this kind of treatment on someone as young as 11 or 12 before their jaws are fully developed. I had braces that were put on at 11 and didn't come off until 14, and I didn't have any problems as serious as missing teeth.

All speculation here, but it's something.

I was looking for possibles for this UID, and came across Amanda Marie Rivera
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rivera_amanda.html

DoeNet UID Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/48ufaz.html
NamUs UID Link: https://identifyus.org/cases/840

coldcase0307-autosized258.jpg
rivera_amanda.jpg

This is a long-shot. I am going mainly on facial resemblance. The height and age are good, and the time-line is slightly long.

Nothing to connect her to the clothes or eyeglasses. Nothing on her dental characteristics. She is listed as Hispanic, but she is light-complexioned enough to perhaps be confused for Caucasian.

The UID is in CODIS, but nothing to indicate that AMR is in CODIS.

I see that WS member fmw63 brought her up in passing, but it doesn't appear that anything was done on it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ- unidentified found 5/27/1992

She is not on any rule-out lists that I have seen. BTW, here are the rule-outs (All but L Julian were listed in the NamUs Circumstances Section):

Brandy Myers
Greta Fornier
Eileen Nam
Ilene Misheloff
Sherry Daugherty
Amanda Slaughter
Jody Ledkins
Maria de los Angeles Martinez
Rebecca West
Lori Julian

I was just looking at this case again in NamUs, and see that they still don't have Amanda Rivera listed on their rule-out list. I had not called her in before, so I just did now.

I left a message with Kristin Eggers, who is now the investigator for this case. (Suzi Dodt is the person indicated in DoeNet, but she is no longer there).

Looks like the unproportionately small feet wasn't a typo as they are that way in the drawing.

It looks like this Jane Doe has now been identified as 16 year old Shannon Aumock

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=14301395

PHOENIX (AP) - Phoenix police have identified the remains of a 16-year-old girl who was a homicide victim in 1992.

Now, they hope that releasing the identity of Shannon Aumock will generate new leads in the case and possibly lead to an arrest.

Police say the body of a young female was found on May 28, 1992, in a remote desert area near 20th Street and Deer Valley Road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back