AZ - Pima Co., UnkMale UP16193, 23-57, US Marine Corps Knife w/ 'Lopez', Dec'16

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Gardener1850, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Estimated Height: 66 inches tall

Hair: Black

Body condition: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Estimated postmortem interval: Weeks

Medical: Healed broken ribs on left side (ribs 4-10)

Clothing:

And 1" brand Navy Blue basketball shorts Size Small

"Dickies" brand Black leather belt Size 38 but worn tighter with handmade notches

Green boxers with white and blue grid lines. No brand or size found.

Footwear: "Outdoor Life" brand black leather hiking boots. Size 9

Other items found w/body:
    "Everest" brand small black backpack
    Red pouch with cross sewn to it. Inside the pouch was a charm of a woman and a brown bead.
    Several religious amulets tied together with red string. A bead with the letter "A" was also tied to the amulets.
    Green pocket knife with US Marine Corps seal on it. "Lopez" was etched by hand on the knife handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16193

2. Loading...

3. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl New Member

Zooming in on the charms, one says San Miguel. With the "A" on the charms, maybe his first name starts with the letter "A"?

4. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl New Member

43 cases of Males with the last name Lopez. I am going through them now. Will post any possibles that I find.

5. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl New Member

Ok, none that fit the timeline mentioned in namus of a few weeks with the last name Lopez. But a depressing number of missing people in Pima county who went missing while crossing the border. Also, black hiking boots, blue jeans, and a black belt seem to be very common things for border crossers to be wearing.

6. apearn

apearn New Member

Looking at the GPS coordinates where he was found he had just walked passed a fire station. I'm thinking if he was a citizen he would have stopped there if he was in physical trouble.

The pocket knife is available via catalog. I didn't find this exact one but there are quite similar new ones. This one looks to be older. Perhaps the knife was pertaining to, or belonged to, a family member in the states and the last name is the relation's last name.

Does it seem odd to anyone that his hand(s) was/were missing?

7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Since it doesn't say that his hands had been cut off, I'm guessing the hands being missing is the result of wildlife. I have read on other cases that the hands are the first parts to be carried off by small animals.

8. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

The missing hands... I remember seeing quite a few UIDs in Hidalgo County Texas (on the border) in Namus when looking a few weeks ago. I assumed it happened prior to disposal (cartel-related or an illegal immigrant killer) but animals makes sense too.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk