AZ - Rainer Canku, 4 weeks, missing, found dead in teen mom's apartment, Chandler, 24 Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 25, 2018.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

baby boy reported missing in Chandler on Wednesday was found dead in his teenage mother’s apartment, and she is the only suspect in his death.

At around 1:30 p.m., the 19-year-old woman called 911 to report that an unknown suspect took her 4-week-old boy from Brooks Crossing Park near Alma School and Warner roads.

But the baby was later found dead by officers searching the woman’s apartment.

http://ktar.com/story/2274302/baby-reported-missing-in-chandler-found-dead-in-mothers-apartment/

[​IMG]

Niner, Elainera, Laughing and 9 others like this.
  2. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

Chandler Police Department

Elainera, Laughing, kimpage and 6 others like this.
  3. JerseyJeanie

JerseyJeanie New Member

Jenna Folwell was charged with 1st degree premeditated murder, with bond set at $1,000,000, cash only. Evidently, Jenna had finally given a confession to Chandler police that she had drowned her 4-week old baby. The police uncovered evidence from her cell phone history that she had been searching for quick ways to kill a baby.

Please see attached for video of bond hearing, which includes statement from baby's dad requesting that bail be denied.

Chandler mom arrested for 1st-degree murder after 4-week-old baby found dead in apartment

Niner, Elainera, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  4. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

Quick ways? Ugh.
    Why not google where can I leave my baby?
    Ugh.

Niner, Julindy, Laughing and 14 others like this.
  5. go dots

go dots Former Member

The thread title is sad.

6. MissMYB

MissMYB Well-Known Member

It's people like this doing horrific things like this that make me wish hell was real.

Julindy and SaguaroSpirit like this.
  7. JerseyJeanie

JerseyJeanie New Member

The baby's father, who is also 19 years old, said in the interview that Jenna never gave him any indication that anything was wrong or that she didn't want her baby. He had just seen her the day before she did this, and he was supposed to have him for an overnight that very same day. They both had joint custody of the infant, and he said he would have raised him alone if he had known what she was planning to do. Post-partum depression may very well turn out to be a factor in this case, but he never mentioned it during the interview.

Just think -- if she had thought to hide the baby's body outside of her apartment before notifying the police and took the time to cover her tracks, they might not have been able to charge her with murder 1 as quickly as they did. They had the case wrapped up within 24 hours after she reported the abduction. Pretty amazing. Sounds to me like she quickly panicked after she realized what she had done. She'll have it on her conscience for the rest of her life.

Father of Chandler baby found dead says he saw mom a day earlier

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Niner, Elainera, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  8. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

9. LeeAnnB

LeeAnnB Well-Known Member

How dumb can you be? So many easy solutions to get rid of child that don’t include murder. Probably untreated post partum depression. Ugh

Julindy and MissMYB like this.
  10. MissMYB

Tragic for everyone involved. RIP little sweet soul.

Laughing and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  11. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Confronted about the searches, Folwell acknowledged doing them and "getting in the bathtub with her son and then letting him go," the statement said. "Jenna said she settled on this way because she did not want to hear her son cry."

The statement says Folwell told investigators she regretted her decision after her son was in the tub for about a minute and attempted CPR before putting his body in the duffel bag and going to the park.

Chandler Police: Woman accused of killing son searched online for ways to do it

[​IMG]

Laughing, kimpage, bluenoser and 2 others like this.
  12. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

his name was Rainer Canku, can we put his name in the title? ugh im thinking PPD. poor tiny tweeb :*(

13. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Court records: Chandler mom admits drowning infant son after Google searches on topic

Jenna M. Folwell, the 19-year-old mother whose infant son was found dead in her apartment Wednesday after she reported he had been abducted, admitted to police she drowned the baby after conducting Google searches about infantcide, according to Maricopa County Superior Court records.

Folwell was booked into a Maricopa County jail on suspicion of first-degree murder. She was being held with bond set at $1 million.

[​IMG] upload_2018-10-27_2-8-33.jpeg

Police found the body of 4-week-old Rainer Canku inside Folwell's apartment at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, a couple of hours after she reported her son was abducted at Brooks Crossing Park, located south of Warner Road between Dobson and Alma School roads, according to the Chandler Police Department.
    upload_2018-10-27_2-12-48.jpeg
    Court records say the baby was found dead inside a black duffel bag. The woman admitted she drowned the boy in a bathtub then tried to revive him, according to the court records, which include a probable-cause statement from Chandler police.

At Folwell's initial court appearance Thursday, Eric Canku, the child's father, told the judge that his boy "was a perfect baby and had such a happy and peaceful demeanor. I will never get to have any firsts with my son."

Jenna Folwell won't be the last Arizona mom accused of killing her son. Let that sink in

Mum 'Googled ways to kill babies before drowning son in bath to stop crying'

A mother decided to drown her infant son in a bathtub so she wouldn’t hear him cry, police say

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-s...y-taken-from-brooks-crossing-park-in-chandler

14. MissMYB

Heartbroken.

Laughing and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  15. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

16. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

fyi the duplicate threads were merged

Elainera, Laughing and cybervampira like this.
  17. Tora Gahan

Tora Gahan I hate jumping. You know that!

This has my heart aching so bad for that little, precious baby

18. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

I know our posts should not be personal but... I admit that not too may cases here actually make me cry tears. Sure, I get upset, very sad, and sometimes I do cry, and sometimes I just have to log off, but little Rainer here... reading the details...

he is gone, he can't hurt or suffer any longer, but the pain his father must feel, and the pain I feel as a human being... This haunts me. I do not have children but any time I see or hear about someone giving birth, it makes me cry. Maternal instinct as a woman maybe? I just... ugh... I'm in that camp that thinks "it takes a village," that we all have a responsibility to one another, as humans here together, to help each other, to love each other, to look out for children who aren't ours... I have a soft spot for those living within marginalized communities, for those who are persecuted, for those who are helpless, like children, animals, the aged...

I am rambling here but just wanted to add some love to this thread. So much awful in here... Such a beautiful baby... Please share an extra hug with all your people in Rainer's honor. He will be forgotten soon, but maybe an extra hug is just what someone needs.

19. Julindy

Julindy Well-Known Member

Hugs to you x

MissMYB and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  20. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Jenna Folwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

"Jenna Folwell called 911 and said she was approached by someone in a park who put a bag on her head and abducted her baby. A few hours later, her 4-week-old was found dead, in her apartment, inside a duffel bag.

Folwell, 19, was charged with first degree murder, according to police and is being held on $1 million bail in the Maricopa County, Arizona jail.

The teen mom had been searching for ways to kill her baby, police allege, based on a review of her internet search history.

Here’s what you need to know:..."

Jenna Folwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niner likes this.