AZ AZ - Tempe, HispFem, UP1987, 15-19, hitchhiking, overdose, Apr'02

Michelle I would rule out just due to lack of geographic proximity and also the recon looks nothing like our Doe. TJD was also stated as having Mexican and Peruvian ancestry, so the chances of her being from a Caribbean island are slim.

As for Karen, it's close enough to submit. The recon is giving me a bit of pause; there are a number of features that do not match up with TJD's, but it's always worth a shot and I could see the circumstances matching up.
@SimsGuy67 Could you make a comparison table between Karen and Tempe Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

I think Tempe Jane Doe's case is recent enough that maybe going through previously archived versions of MP websites could be possible. I don't know if they started recording things like MP lists quite that early, though.
Where would one find these websites?

@SimsGuy67 Could you make a comparison table between Karen and Tempe Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.
Original
NCMC813211c1.jpg

I do think the reconstruction does look like an older Karen, but I'm not sure about the rest.
Tempe Jane Doe UP1987Karen Rosalba Grajeda
SexFemaleFemale
RaceHipsanic/LatinoHispanic/Latino
Age15 - 197 (13 in 2002)
DLC/DODThe Day PriorJanuary 11, 1996
Height5'13'5
Weight125 pounds50 pounds
Hair ColorBlackBlack
Eye ColorBrownBrown
Distinctive FeaturesScars on back of left hand and shoulder.Upper right tooth is larger than rest of teeth, missing several baby teeth, pierced ears, pea-sized mole behind ear.
CircumstancesOverdosed while hitchhiking. Dumped at a strip mall.Abducted while playing outside of her apartment buildings.
DistanceTucson - Tempe107 miles

Original
NCMC813211c1.jpg

I do think the reconstruction does look like an older Karen, but I'm not sure about the rest.
Tempe Jane Doe UP1987Karen Rosalba Grajeda
SexFemaleFemale
RaceHipsanic/LatinoHispanic/Latino
Age15 - 197 (13 in 2002)
DLC/DODThe Day PriorJanuary 11, 1996
Height5'13'5
Weight125 pounds50 pounds
Hair ColorBlackBlack
Eye ColorBrownBrown
Distinctive FeaturesScars on back of left hand and shoulder.Upper right tooth is larger than rest of teeth, missing several baby teeth, pierced ears, pea-sized mole behind ear.
CircumstancesOverdosed while hitchhiking. Dumped at a strip mall.Abducted while playing outside of her apartment buildings.
DistanceTucson - Tempe107 miles

Many thanks for this!!
The nose and mouth seem to be a little different, also the pea-sized mole behind Karen's ear, but everything else appears plausible.

MP1333 Alissa Turney 05/17/2001 Maricopa AZ

MP6354 Veronica Martinez 03/29/2001 San Joaquin CA

MP1066 Maria Mauricio 01/20/1997 Maricopa AZ

-- Florinda Lopez -- -- FL

-- Yuliana Escudero -- -- OR

-- Leanne Hausberg -- -- NY

MP1333 Alissa Turney 05/17/2001 Maricopa AZ

MP6354 Veronica Martinez 03/29/2001 San Joaquin CA

MP1066 Maria Mauricio 01/20/1997 Maricopa AZ

-- Florinda Lopez -- -- FL

-- Yuliana Escudero -- -- OR

-- Leanne Hausberg -- -- NY

Thank you @carbuff , we do appreciate you posting the updated list.

Hello all!
I’m new to the online sleuthing community so bear with me as I’ve always been a lurker, never a commenter. I’m hoping I may have found a potential match and I decided to become a member to join this thread. First, let me give a little background on myself. I’ve frequently done deep dives on missing and unidentified persons cases. It’s a passion I’ve carried for decades now. I’m a native Arizonan and have been watching Tempe Girl 2002’s case pretty much from her discovery. Looking at her case, I never believed her to be Native American. I am a registered tribal member and know it to be very unusual for a Native to speak fluent Spanish. Also, AZ in general is a hub for immigrants coming in from south of the border. For these reasons, I’ve always truly believed she was an undocumented immigrant and IF (more on that later) she was never reported missing it could be a possibility that her family feared deportation. Now that it's been over 20 years since Tempe Girl 2002 has been unidentified, I’ve always kept her in mind when browsing through missing persons cases. So, just last week, I was passing time and came upon a missing persons report out of Mexico. As soon as I saw her picture, I immediately thought of Tempe Girl. Then, as I was reading the very few details in her missing persons report, it was so apparent that she could very possibly be a match. Age, timeline, height, ethnicity, physical resemblance and even geographical area seem to align. I’ve never felt so strongly about a possible match before. So much so that I emailed every agency involved in Tempe Girl’s case, including the DDP. I’ve only received one response and it was relayed to me that the UP and MP have never been compared. I responded that I hope to be kept up to date on any info, if possible, but it’s been crickets since then. I’m very hopeful that this could be the match. Now back to Tempe Girl, I’ve come to some possibilities on why it’s been thought she was “not” reported missing. If this MP left “willingly” (unlikely due to age) or was kidnapped/sex trafficked and brought to the US and then found deceased, the perpetrator would not report her disappearance. BUT maybe her family DID report her missing and because it was in another country it was never connected! I’ve decided to keep the MP’s name private for now and will update if I hear anything back from any agencies on a comparison or rule out. I hope my long rant makes sense! Fingers crossed!

Hello all!
I’m new to the online sleuthing community so bear with me as I’ve always been a lurker, never a commenter. I’m hoping I may have found a potential match and I decided to become a member to join this thread. First, let me give a little background on myself. I’ve frequently done deep dives on missing and unidentified persons cases. It’s a passion I’ve carried for decades now. I’m a native Arizonan and have been watching Tempe Girl 2002’s case pretty much from her discovery. Looking at her case, I never believed her to be Native American. I am a registered tribal member and know it to be very unusual for a Native to speak fluent Spanish. Also, AZ in general is a hub for immigrants coming in from south of the border. For these reasons, I’ve always truly believed she was an undocumented immigrant and IF (more on that later) she was never reported missing it could be a possibility that her family feared deportation. Now that it's been over 20 years since Tempe Girl 2002 has been unidentified, I’ve always kept her in mind when browsing through missing persons cases. So, just last week, I was passing time and came upon a missing persons report out of Mexico. As soon as I saw her picture, I immediately thought of Tempe Girl. Then, as I was reading the very few details in her missing persons report, it was so apparent that she could very possibly be a match. Age, timeline, height, ethnicity, physical resemblance and even geographical area seem to align. I’ve never felt so strongly about a possible match before. So much so that I emailed every agency involved in Tempe Girl’s case, including the DDP. I’ve only received one response and it was relayed to me that the UP and MP have never been compared. I responded that I hope to be kept up to date on any info, if possible, but it’s been crickets since then. I’m very hopeful that this could be the match. Now back to Tempe Girl, I’ve come to some possibilities on why it’s been thought she was “not” reported missing. If this MP left “willingly” (unlikely due to age) or was kidnapped/sex trafficked and brought to the US and then found deceased, the perpetrator would not report her disappearance. BUT maybe her family DID report her missing and because it was in another country it was never connected! I’ve decided to keep the MP’s name private for now and will update if I hear anything back from any agencies on a comparison or rule out. I hope my long rant makes sense! Fingers crossed!
Thank you for your work and this update!! Feels good to know people are not forgetting about her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back