AZ AZ - Tempe, HispFem, UP1987, 15-19, hitchhiking, overdose, Apr'02

There are a couple folks in the Facebook comments coming out of the woodworks and saying they've been contacted by LE due to a DNA match as a relative to this Doe. Very interesting and exciting!

Also -- is there a good database for missing people in MX? She may have been reported missing in MX or another Latin American country instead of the USA. I went through Doe Network's missing persons cases for MX and these two stood out to me with a potential resemblance:

Either way, it seems like some progress is being made in the case! I am hopeful. :)

Thank you, i was not aware that they had that...
It wasn't always like that. Apparently, they changed it in 2018, as I was recently informed (not sure how I hadn't noticed before). I have no clue why they did it. It's frustrating, especially since NamUs logs you out each time you log back in (at least for me), and I always forget my password. Usually, somebody else on the thread will be able to log in and post an updated rule out list.

It wasn't always like that. Apparently, they changed it in 2018, as I was recently informed (not sure how I hadn't noticed before). I have no clue why they did it. It's frustrating, especially since NamUs logs you out each time you log back in (at least for me), and I always forget my password. Usually, somebody else on the thread will be able to log in and post an updated rule out list.
On facebook, a while ago, they put out a picture of this doe... I did some searching and found Veronica Martinez from Tracy, Ca. She seemed to match. I didn't turn it in, but think the facebook admin might have.

That might be the problem. I'm not familiar with how it works on cell phones.

The current exclusions are:

Maria Mauricio
Florinda Lopez
Yuliana Escudero
Leanne Hausberg
Alissa Turney
Veronica Martinez

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
On facebook, a while ago, they put out a picture of this doe... I did some searching and found Veronica Martinez from Tracy, Ca. She seemed to match. I didn't turn it in, but think the facebook admin might have.
Looks like she's been ruled out.

There are a couple folks in the Facebook comments coming out of the woodworks and saying they've been contacted by LE due to a DNA match as a relative to this Doe. Very interesting and exciting!

Also -- is there a good database for missing people in MX? She may have been reported missing in MX or another Latin American country instead of the USA. I went through Doe Network's missing persons cases for MX and these two stood out to me with a potential resemblance:

Either way, it seems like some progress is being made in the case! I am hopeful. :)
Do you know if the Mexican authorities have DNA samples of these women?

6 Missing Person Exclusions:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1333Alissa Turney
Date of Last ContactMay 17, 2001
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6354Veronica Martinez
Date of Last ContactMarch 29, 2001
StateCA
CountySan Joaquin

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1066Maria Mauricio
Date of Last ContactJanuary 20, 1997
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Missing Person / NamUs #Florinda Lopez (No Photo)
Date of Last Contact--
StateFL
County--

Missing Person / NamUs #Yuliana Escudero (No Photo)
Date of Last Contact--
StateOR
County--

Missing Person / NamUs #Leanne Hausberg (No Photo)
Date of Last Contact--
StateNY
County--

I didn't see in the transcribed police files earlier in the thread that they were tested or confirmed to be semen but coupled with the undone pants and exposed breast, I think we can surmise.
RSBM~
Where are the police files? I have so many suspicions of the driver, but I wasn't aware that she had had her parents undone and her breasts were exposed. None of this sounds good. Very very suspicious.

Her story is on wikipedia... I am puzzled as to why something did not come about then...
The story goes that her family knows but don't come forward to claim her because of her drugs use. Let's hope the DNA Doe project, who announced on FB on July 26 that they have taken the case, will succeed in finding her identity.

The story goes that her family knows but don't come forward to claim her because of her drugs use. Let's hope the DNA Doe project, who announced on FB on July 26 that they have taken the case, will succeed in finding her identity.

IIRC I think it was more that they kicked her out because of drug use but not that they knew that she died? I may be mistaken on this. Just the impression I got.

I have scanned it, but it has a whole lot of names and phone #'s of various people. It would take a while to go through and clean up.

Most of the story that we've already seen was according to the guy who picked her up (let's call him ET). She flagged him down for a ride at 32nd & Greenway in Phoenix. She said she had been kicked out of her house for drug use. They next went to a Food City near 40th & Washington to buy concert tickets, but they didn't sell tickets there. So they headed back to 32nd & Greenway, when she changed her mind and asked if he could get her some cocaine. He called a drug dealer friend of his, and they met at the 7-11 at Don Carlos & McClintock in Tempe. They drove around some more and the dealer gave her the cocaine, and a few moments later she was having convulsions. They stopped behind a nearby golf supply store at took her out of the front seat of the car and left her on the sidewalk in the parking lot.:mad:

When found by the police, her clothing was "in disarray", and her pants had been pulled down about 8 inches, exposing her underwear.

Okay, more later...
Don't know. A kit was taken , but I didn't see where any results were listed. However, the officer's report mentions a whitish dried (possibly body) fluid on her jeans.
Her fingerprints run through AZAFIS - no matches.
Fingerprints from the cd case found near her match the driver's (ET) girlfriend (who was not in the car). We'll call her MV.

Fingerprints sent to INS to compare with known detainees that had been fingerprinted - no matches.

"I ENTERED THE SOUTH PARKING LOT OF THE INDUSTRIAL BUSINESSES TO CONTACT DET SGT Pxxxxxx. I OBSERVED A FEMALE LAYING ON THE SIDEWALK TO THE REAR OF THE GOLF STORE. THE VICTIM WAS LAYING FACE UP. I COULD SEE THAT SHE WAS WEARING A RED TOP AND BLUE JEANS. TWO BLACK COLORED ITEMS WERE LAYING NEAR THE BODY. THE AREA WHERE THE VICTIM WAS LOCATED WAS ON A SIDEWALK DIRECTLY NORTH OF THE REAR OF THE STORE. THE SIDEWALK WAS CONCRETE WHILE THE PARKING LOT SURFACE WAS ASPHALT. THE VICTIM WAS LAYING WITH HER HEAD TO THE WEST AND HER FEET TO THE EAST. THE MAJORITY OF THE VICTIM'S BODY WAS ON THE SIDEWALK, HOWEVER SHE WAS PARTIALLY ON THE ASPHALT. "
Bringing these forward from 2008. @fmw63 cites the actual police reports throughout pgs. 4-6. Going to work my way throughout the thread...

I'm guessing Yasmen Perez (the potential match I submitted to Doe Network a while back) is probably not Tempe Girl if there is an ongoing DNA investigation into her identity.

Has anyone considered that the date of last contact on a lot of these missing persons entries may be approximate/incorrect/entered wrong? There are so many missing persons cases who have turned out to be a Doe, but they were ruled out just because of a faulty DLC.

That being said, I found Ramona Francisca Felix's case in NamUs and I got a striking feeling that this may be our Doe. Missing from the Phoenix area, nearly identical facial structure, same height & weight range (5'0 to 5'1, 120 to 125), plus DNA Doe Project said they're guessing Tempe Girl was 17 years old (Ramona's missing age). Additionally, the missing persons entry says that Ramona's mother was involved in prostitution, which could explain Tempe Girl doing what was presumably selling her body. Ramona was also a "habitual runaway", and often times runaways are actually kicked out rather than running away on their own accord.

What do y'all think?

Has anyone considered that the date of last contact on a lot of these missing persons entries may be approximate/incorrect/entered wrong? There are so many missing persons cases who have turned out to be a Doe, but they were ruled out just because of a faulty DLC.

That being said, I found Ramona Francisca Felix's case in NamUs and I got a striking feeling that this may be our Doe. Missing from the Phoenix area, nearly identical facial structure, same height & weight range (5'0 to 5'1, 120 to 125), plus DNA Doe Project said they're guessing Tempe Girl was 17 years old (Ramona's missing age). Additionally, the missing persons entry says that Ramona's mother was involved in prostitution, which could explain Tempe Girl doing what was presumably selling her body. Ramona was also a "habitual runaway", and often times runaways are actually kicked out rather than running away on their own accord.

What do y'all think?
Interesting find. I don't know if Tampa girl could be Ramona. On the one picture of her it looks like she has a much more heavy chin/square face. Just how I see it. There are cases where they are not sure when somebody actually went missing. They name only a month, a time frame (last seen somewhere between....) or the first of a month. In Ramona's file it looks like the missing date is to the point, but you never know. I guess when they were not sure about the year she went missing it would be mentioned somehow.

Is there somebody around who has the skills and time to enhance the picture of Ramona? I've seen some wonderful sleuths doing that but I can't come up with names right away.

Interesting find. I don't know if Tampa girl could be Ramona. On the one picture of her it looks like she has a much more heavy chin/square face. Just how I see it. There are cases where they are not sure when somebody actually went missing. They name only a month, a time frame (last seen somewhere between....) or the first of a month. In Ramona's file it looks like the missing date is to the point, but you never know. I guess when they were not sure about the year she went missing it would be mentioned somehow.

Is there somebody around who has the skills and time to enhance the picture of Ramona? I've seen some wonderful sleuths doing that but I can't come up with names right away.
Here is one amateur enhanced version:

1660574738691.jpeg

What do y'all think?
I do think the DLC are sometimes wrong but for a reason. The guilty party doesn't usually want to turn it in right away until they have made their plan, on how to "cover" things up. Alot of cases I have read about or know about, only reported someone missing, with a plan, as someone was inquiring about them.... Perfect example: The Wests.

RSBM~
Where are the police files? I have so many suspicions of the driver, but I wasn't aware that she had had her parents undone and her breasts were exposed. None of this sounds good. Very very suspicious.
Ii have done a lot of research on Tempe Girl and have never seen anything about her pants being undone and her breast exposed. I think this is inaccurate. There were no charges filed against the driver because there was no evidence of foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back