Identified! AZ - Tucson, WhtFem UP10566, 18-22, in desert, Apr'81 - Brenda Gerow

I had not read his PM to NFM till now; he says the detective thought the media would pick up her identification. We're gonna PM him to see what we can do. I just commented on this article & this one hopefully they get approved. Am hoping they reach out to her brother...

I just went back & replied to the 2 articles again. Hope they get approved this time!

Police seek info in cold case murder with Mass. ties This one wouldn't let me repost it, I ended up replying to one of the comments; after I did that, it let me post

Chelmsford Police Seek Info In Arizona Cold Case Murder

Does anyone know where this scum-of-the-earth Kalhauser lives now? It nauseates me that he is out there, running around free, after killing the 52 year-old man, his ex-wife, and Brenda, seemingly getting off scot-free… How many more convicted felons are out there in our midst like this?

Although identification was confirmed a couple of months ago, I'm seeing stories about Brenda Gerow being written this week.

"Crime Trackers: Jane Doe from 1981 identified, person of interest named"

http://www.kvoa.com/story/30136315/crime-trackers-jane-doe-from-1981-identified-person-of-interest-named

The search for answers in Gerow's death led investigators to the East Coast. They sent two pictures to law enforcement agencies, who put it out on Facebook.

“Social media was a big help in helping us identify Brenda," said O’Dell.

Several people came forward and detectives traveled to the East Coast where they interviewed Gerow's family.

“For the family, it was at first disbelief and then a sense of relief,” said O'Dell.

Detectives obtained pictures of Gerow during their recent trip, which were taken days before Gerow left the area with Kalhauser in 1980. She was at a family gathering and it would be the last.

One of the links includes a video along with a few more photos of Brenda. I took screenshots from the video. What a pretty girl.
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.02.25 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.02.32 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.03.44 PM.jpg

Interview with Brenda's brother.

"Brother of missing Nashua woman identified as Arizona murder victim speaks out"

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20151001/NEWS03/151009923/1006/NEWS03&template=mobileart

“This is a difficult day because I have my sister in an urn in my living room, and I would prefer to have my sister,” said Bill Gerow Jr., Brenda’s brother who now lives in New York. “She was just this free-spirited girl — a do anything and hang out smiling the whole time kind of girl. She was a really cool big sister.”

“I was the last one who saw her when she left,” her brother said Wednesday. “She had pierced my ear that day with an ice cube and needle. I will never forget it,” said Bill Gerow.

Gerow said his sister met Kalhauser at a nightclub in Dracut, Mass. He said Kalhauser was on the run after getting into a fight with a man at the nightclub, nearly killing him.

Brenda called her brother two or three weeks later from New Mexico, and about a month later from Arizona. Bill Gerow said he tried writing to his sister at her last known address in Arizona several times, but never heard back from her.

“My father had never stopped looking for her,” said Gerow.

As time went on, Gerow said, he began spending countless hours searching social media sites for his sister.

I truly hope that justice is served for Brenda. Her brother Bill needs that terribly.

The murderer is in prison on another charge. He got 20 years, back in '99. He will be released in four years. If the family can pursue, perhaps his stay in prison can be extended indefinitely.

The murderer is in prison on another charge. He got 20 years, back in '99. He will be released in four years. If the family can pursue, perhaps his stay in prison can be extended indefinitely.

Yep, he's definitely at risk for offending again. I know he's much older now, but I wouldn't chance it after three murders and one attempted murder... I'm sure he'd be more than able to turn on his sociopathic charm, and fool others who don't know his history, be it employers, girlfriends, whatever. He could go anywhere and start over, and who knows what would happen then.

Yep, he's definitely at risk for offending again. I know he's much older now, but I wouldn't chance it after three murders and one attempted murder... I'm sure he'd be more than able to turn on his sociopathic charm, and fool others who don't know his history, be it employers, girlfriends, whatever. He could go anywhere and start over, and who knows what would happen then.
Maybe. I feel he was some sort of a sexual predator rather than a random murderer. Gerow's identity was known as late 2014, still very recent. Kalhauser is a virtually unknown 'serial killer'. If he gets released in little over three years, he will be 65. That's retirement age. 65 seems young nowadays. It is suspected Kalhauser fled with Gerow in late '79 or 1980 to Arizona. Gerow was an opportunity that Kalhauser couldn't pass up. It's harder to convince someone of a 36 years old murder than a 36 hours old murder.

Oh, I agree completely. He specifically killed out of sexual/romantic spite. It seems like every woman he was involved with felt his wrath if the relationship went south. He killed that 50-something year-old guy (still iffy on motive - or why he only got one year in jail), laid low for a few years, then tried to kill his ex's boyfriend (if I can't have you, then nobody else can)... Took off with Brenda, killed her (she may have been trying to leave him, and return to NH, or perhaps met someone new??) then eventually killed his wife - who was beginning divorce proceedings. I'm looking at the news articles and putting together a mental timeline of events, and yeah, seems he met/pursued Diane almost a hot minute after killing Brenda. That may have caused his violent impulses to lie dormant for a few years, but probably, there was something that set him off - he's definitely the jealous type. He also sounds paranoid, like the kind of person who could become dangerously delusional and think their partner is cheating based on innocuous occurrences, like a male coworker giving her a ride home. Sure had a temper, anyway, and now two women are gone from the world and their families because of it. They couldn't have known what they were getting themselves into (at least, not Diane, with the alibi he used). Talk about a guy who literally can't handle rejection! When he gets out of prison I'll bet you anything he'll try to re-enter the dating scene, and we'd all better hope something doesn't set him off again. Like you pointed out, 65 isn't that old. I shudder to think of it.

The new show on the ID Network Who Killed Jane Doe recently covered this case. At the end of the episode, they said that the case against Kalhauser is still being built.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10566

ME247_81ncmec_zpsd1bb97d9.jpg

She was approximately 18 to 22 years old with straight light brown hair, 5'2" tall and 105 pounds. She wore a navy blue blouse with floral puff sleeves, size 3 IHS brand jeans, a blue denim zip-front jacket with red and white striped collar and waistband, a white bra, blue panties, white footsie socks with pink pom-poms, and brown suede lace-up shoes. She had a noticeable white spot on one upper front tooth; no other physical features nor any cause of death noted.

She was found in the desert south of I-10 and 400 yards east of Houghton Road.

There are five rule-outs listed on NamUs:

Cindy Haumann, 1959, Arizona
Cynthia Leslie, 1959, Arizona
Jackie Leslie, 1961, Arizona
Mary Opitz, 1963, Florida
Diane Webb, 1942, Arizona

This one hits close to home; I turned 19 a few days after this girl was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back