AZ - Video shows gender reveal party explosion that ignited a 47,000-acre wildfire

cybervampira

Reaction score
Video shows gender reveal party explosion that ignited a 47,000-acre wildfire

An off-duty border patrol agent wanted an explosive gender reveal party for his family and friends, but he ended up igniting a wildfire that spread to Coronado National Forest in Arizona.

Dennis Dickey, 37, of Tucson, Arizona, has to pay more than $8 million in restitution, starting with a $100,000 initial payment and monthly payments thereafter, the Department of Justice said in a statement.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/27/video-shows-gender-reveal-party-explosion-that-sparked-wildfire/

Video shows Arizona fire started with gender reveal party

Good grief....there must a thousand safer ways to make a gender reveal. Such a tragedy. The nicest thing is that he immediately turned himself in. Pure foolishness. What is amazing is that it somehow seemed like a good idea at the time...?

My goodness, is the fine strictly symbolic or is it really expected to be paid? I recognize the serious and immense cost of this needless fire, but how could a person possibly pay that amount of money? $8 million? After an initial $100,000 payment? Unless this man comes from a wealthy family and has access to a trust fund, I cannot imagine a border patrol agent would make that kind of money in a lifetime. Am I naive? Or missing something?

My goodness, is the fine strictly symbolic or is it really expected to be paid? I recognize the serious and immense cost of this needless fire, but how could a person possibly pay that amount of money? $8 million? After an initial $100,000 payment? Unless this man comes from a wealthy family and has access to a trust fund, I cannot imagine a border patrol agent would make that kind of money in a lifetime. Am I naive? Or missing something?

I imagine the amount is that high in case he decides to write a book and make money. He won’t get to spend it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back