GUILTY AZ - Willa 6, Colby 5 & Austin Rawlings 5, found dead, flooded creek, parents charged, Nov 29 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Snoods

Reaction score
upload_2019-12-2_21-58-27.jpeg

Willa Rawlings, 6, still missing.
upload_2019-12-2_22-3-42.jpeg

Colby Rawlings, 5, found dead.
upload_2019-12-2_22-5-37.jpeg

Cousin Austin Rawlings, 5, found dead.
upload_2019-12-2_22-6-40.jpeg

Four children and two adults, Daniel and Lacey Rawlings, escaped the over-sized truck and were rescued from a patch of land, but two siblings and their cousin remained in the truck and were swept away in the flooded creek they were trying to cross.

Authorities in Arizona continue to search for a 6-year-old girl who remains unaccounted for since she, her brother, and cousin were swept away by flooded creek waters on Friday. Her brother and cousin have since been found dead.

The missing girl’s brother Colby, 5, and their cousin Austin, 5, were swept away as their parents attempted to drive their military-style vehicle through the flooded Bar X crossing off State Route 188.

Willa’s parents, Daniel and Lacey Rawlings, both escaped from the truck. However, their son, Colby Rawlings, and niece, Austin Rawlings, were not in the vehicle when it was pulled from the creek the next day. Their bodies were found about 600 to 1,000 yards from the failed crossing, the report said.

The creek crossing was marked as closed with barricades and signs, authorities said.

The girl, Willa Rawlings, is one of three children left inside the family’s truck when authorities say it was flooded.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...211eba-14b4-11ea-80d6-d0ca7007273f_story.html
Single shoe found in search for missing 6-year-old girl swept away in Arizona creek
Single shoe recovered during ongoing search for girl swept away in creek after brother, cousin found dead

Last edited:
Dad admits driving around barricades, blames others for not doing more to stop his stupidity. Crazy risk with seven kids, especially driving past barricades.

What else does he want done? If barricades don’t stop him, nothing will.

The crossing had been closed due to flooding, and there were barricades in place. "I will say one thing. People go around the barricades all the time. I'm not justifying my actions one bit," Daniel said. "There could be more done."
(Truck being towed out of creek.)
upload_2019-12-2_23-48-45.jpeg

Rescuers search for girl, 6, missing after truck swept away | Daily Mail Online
Parents of children swept away by flooded creek in Tonto Basin grateful to search teams

Last edited:
Curious if the driver will get charges brought against him...

And how did 9 people even fit in that vehicle?
Honestly I wonder if some of the kids were in the bed of the truck. How do the parents and some of the kids escape yet three kids are ‘left’ in the truck? I was going to say nobody could be that stupid, and yet...

This is not only tragic in the loss of life but tragic in that the driver, did not heed warnings and feels compelled to say something more should have been done to close the road. The idea that he would drive into a flooded area around a barricade and say that others should do more is infuriating. The kids died in a terrifying event that he created. I also wonder about charges. This was not an accident. There were signs. He was familiar with the area. This was negligence plain and simple.

This is not only tragic in the loss of life but tragic in that the driver, did not heed warnings and feels compelled to say something more should have been done to close the road. The idea that he would drive into a flooded area around a barricade and say that others should do more is infuriating. The kids died in a terrifying event that he created. I also wonder about charges. This was not an accident. There were signs. He was familiar with the area. This was negligence plain and simple.
To me the negligence is even worse than Grandpa dropping baby Chloe from the cruise ship.

Dan and Lacey Rawlings have the give me money fund going, which has already exceeded their asking price by thousands of dollars.

To me the negligence is even worse than Grandpa dropping baby Chloe from the cruise ship.

Dan and Lacey Rawlings have the give me money fund going, which has already exceeded their asking price by thousands of dollars.
Given that their family are seen as pillars in the community, I am not surprised. However, I do think that criminal charges should be considered. Any time a parent is negligent it should be determined if a criminal act has been committed regardless of stature in the community. Leaving children in a hot car, speeding down a highway at a high rate of speed, not buckling a child into a seat belt, texting and driving or drinking and driving are all car related incidents that have garnered charges for parents who made "mistakes" or took risks that they should not have. Going around a barrier into a flooded road way when clear signs were posted and stormy weather had been known by this man provides all of us with a sense that he did not heed warning signs or even pause to assess the dangers that lay ahead.

Yeah, I guess he wants cement barriers (/sarcasm) . Absolutely ITA that this was his fault. I can only hope he's still in shock, or else would not have said such an insensible thing. "They could do more"... to stop people being prideful and stupid?? The state should oblige him by at minimum revoking his driver's license.

Yeah, I guess he wants cement barriers (/sarcasm) . Absolutely ITA that this was his fault. I can only hope he's still in shock, or else would not have said such an insensible thing. "They could do more"... to stop people being prideful and stupid?? The state should oblige him by at minimum revoking his driver's license.

I agree, but I also believe if he'll ignore warning signs and barricades not having a license will not stop him from doing what he wants.

yes, there were attempts to save them. And every year, there are COUNTLESS warnings EVERYWHERE NOT TO DRIVE AROUND THE BARRICADES. Drivers are fined for their own rescues in those situations (Stupid Motorist Law) so I am sadly hoping there are charges brought for the loss of these lives. Accidents DO happen, but this was not that. Fire Stupid Motorist Law
I am so angry. Furious. Have to go back to sitting on my hands because I don't want a TO.

When I followed the trial for Grace Millane's murder in NZ I learned that reckless behaviour can be charged with murder. I don't know how it is in the US but DR was certainly reckless. And now three young lives are lost. Imo he should certainly be held accountable and not just receive a slap on the wrist just because everyone drives around the barricades or the family is well liked.

Those poor children :( May they RIP.

As floodwaters mounted, the dad and four children were able to make it out and were rescued from an island. The mom also escaped and made it to a nearby bank

Mom Lacey swam to safety and was found separately from the rest of her surviving family. Two of her children and her niece were left in the truck. Ugh. Do I need to say it? Maybe Lacey was screaming at her husband not to do it, I'm trying hard not to be as judgmental of her. But swimming away from your kids...

The couple didn’t want to discuss what happened Friday or why they tried the cross the creek with their four children and three nieces.

Police find shoe after 6-year-old girl swept away in Arizona floodwaters - City Style News
Pants belonging to young girl missing in Arizona creek found

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26