AZ AZ - Williams, Coconino Co, 'Devil Dog Doe' WhtFem 411UFAZ, 55-65, off I-40, Oct'03

Jules & Tom, you are absolutely right. I discussed it with the detective when I called it in, and he thought it was still worth checking out.

This looks like a very good possibility. Another aspect in favor of this possibility is that Annelise Schweikardt was a German citizen. The isotope analysis done on the body which suggests the victim was possibly of Northern European origin fits wonderfully. Great sleuthing!

Right! This looks like a VERY good possibility. I'm thinking Annelise has been found! Great sleuthing :clap:

Salem

A request for DNA has been sent to Annelise's family in Germany. It might take a while.

It has been a long time since anyone has posted to this thread. I cannot find this case in the Doenetwork files. Does anyone know if it has been solved?

It has been a long time since anyone has posted to this thread. I cannot find this case in the Doenetwork files. Does anyone know if it has been solved?

Apparently, the case is still open. Here is the DoeNet Casefile.

The Doe Network:
Case File 411UFAZ
http://doenetwork.org/cases/411ufaz.html

2952431190045078242S600x600Q851_zps385beaa4.jpg

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on October 24, 2003 west of Williams, Coconino County, Arizona
* Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma to the head
* Estimated Date of Death: 3 days - 2 weeks

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 55 - 65 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 150 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Short gray hair with some blonde; Brown or hazel eyes. Her nails were beautifully manicured. 1/4" square mole above left side of forehead, mole on tip of right shoulder, mole over left collarbone, mole on front of right lower leg, mole over the middle part of the right ankle, scar below right knee, scar over the back side of the right forearm, scar over the back side of the left hand, suffers from senile ecchymosis (a condition that looks like bruising) over the back side of the right upper arm. There were no piercings or tattoos.
* Dentals: Available. Extensive dental work -- crowns, bridge work -- in excess of $20,000. Tooth# 14 has porcelain fused to a metal crown, a root canal was performed on tooth #14 sometime after the crown was placed, tooth #15 has a full gold crown, three unit fixed partial denture [bridge] in the back lower right side of mouth, the bridge abuts tooth #28 on the mesial and covers over or replaces tooth #29 and #30 with either tooth #31 or tooth #32 on the distal abutment.
* Clothing: None
* Fingerprints/DNA: Available
* Other: Results of isotope test indicates the victim could have spent her formative years in Central Europe possibly Vienna, Austria and spent the last decade of her life in Western France, possibly near Paris.

Case History
On October 24, 2003, deer hunters found the body of a woman laying face down in a wooded area off Devil Dog Road about one mile South of Interstate 40 and six miles West of Williams, Arizona. This area is a popular entrance into the Grand Canyon National Park. The victim died from a single blow to her head and was likely killed someplace other than where her body was discovered.
Nationwide missing persons searches have not produced identification. She may be a foreigner, perhaps from northern Europe.

Autopsy reports indicate she had eaten approximately 1 to 3 hours prior to her being murdered, that she had pneumonia in the right lung and there was some evidence of heart disease.
Cause of death has been determined to be that of homicidal violence.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Coconino County Sheriff's Department
Detective Chuck Jones
928-226-5033
OR
Detective Bruce Cornish
928-226-5036
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: S03-03074

NCIC Number: U-850016540
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

The isotope analysis definitely gives you a pause...I wonder if the investigators of her case have contacted the French police?

I did a quick search just now and found this woman: http://193.252.228.130/personnes2.asp?D=97&X=D. I think the nose looks wrong and she disappeared from the town of Saint-Louis, which is in Eastern France, and I can't think of any explanation how she could have ended up in Arizona a year later - but what do you think?

The isotope analysis definitely gives you a pause...I wonder if the investigators of her case have contacted the French police?

I did a quick search just now and found this woman: http://193.252.228.130/personnes2.asp?D=97&X=D. I think the nose looks wrong and she disappeared from the town of Saint-Louis, which is in Eastern France, and I can't think of any explanation how she could have ended up in Arizona a year later - but what do you think?

I dunno. I agree that the nose doesn't look right -- Marie-Ange's seems to be arched and the UID's rather scoopy -- but none of M-A's shots give a clear look and the rest seems to match rather well. My French isn't good, but some of the phrasing implies to me that she might have been wanted for questioning, which would be a good reason to skip town to almost anywhere.

Attachments

• 411UFAZ1.jpg
    411UFAZ1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Marie-Ange Bisch Petithory.png
    Marie-Ange Bisch Petithory.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Marie-Ange Bisch Petithory2.png
    Marie-Ange Bisch Petithory2.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Marie-Ange Bisch Petithory3.png
    Marie-Ange Bisch Petithory3.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 411UFAZ.jpg
    411UFAZ.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 23
are there any good websites with European missing persons? I've not had much luck searching for them.

Here's the translation of the Missing Persons poster
In the interest of a preliminary investigation conducted by the Public Security SAINT-LOUIS (Haut-Rhin), and with the agreement of the prosecutor of the Mulhouse Superior Court, the national police are looking for the following person:

Mary Ange Bisch-Petithory
Suspicious disappearance of adult.

Physical Description
Female European type, 52 years old at the time of her disappearance, 5'2" to 5'3", 100 lbs or so, light brown hair, cut medium length, blue-green eyes, wearing at the time of her disappearance a parka brand navy blue raincoat, black velvet pants, a beige sweater and orange shoes with canvas interior.

circumstances of her disappearance:
Ms. Bisch left her home Nov. 6, 2002 and has not been heard from since. She was last seen the same day at 8:30, wandering the streets of Saint Louis

Important Note: Each adult subject to a search for suspicious disappearance may object to disclosure of their details by investigative services.

2903189210045078242S425x425Q851_zpsa8a0f804.jpg

I'd say Mary Ange Bisch-Petithory looks pretty close on her resemblance.

Her nose turns up just about right, and it broadens from bridge to tip similarly, although the two reconstructions depict her nose much differently. And I suspect the blonde hair recon depicts her nose larger than it actually is.

She has drooped earlobes (as depicted in the side-view reconstructions)

Her height 160 cm (or 5'2" to 5'3") is consistent.

However, her teeth seem to be in worse condition that depicted in the recons.

The big inconsistency is her weight. 45 kg (or 100 lbs) is quite far below DDD's weight of 150 lbs.

Her nose turns up just about right, and it broadens from bridge to tip similarly, although the two reconstructions depict her nose much differently. And I suspect the blonde hair recon depicts her nose larger than it actually is.

The big inconsistency is her weight. 45 kg (or 100 lbs) is quite far below DDD's weight of 150 lbs.

True, though at that age, putting on 50lbs in a year is far from impossible.

Thanks for the quick responses and side-by-sides :). Marie Ange was, in a way, just a shot in the dark from my part, but somehow the similarities seemed to be worth another (and perhaps more experienced) look.

If I try to tie M-A more closely to DDD, it does not see at all impossible, just like carbuff said, that she'd gained weight during one year. If she had arrived to US shortly after she went missing, she might even had had her teeth done there: the DDD is said to have extensive dental work done. That would require lots of money though, so without knowing anything about M-A's economical situation, it's only speculation. (And you'd think the police had checked the usage of her bank account, right? Unless she planned this disappearing in advance and saved money on an account under a false name, or something like that...?)

If anyone feels it might be worth it, please do phone to the agency about her. I'm unfortunately living on the wrong continent and am not sure if I can handle a whole conversation on the phone in English :blushing:.

are there any good websites with European missing persons? I've not had much luck searching for them.

I suspect the websites about missing persons are national, and some countries probably don't put their cases online at all, so in order to connect an UID with someone missing in Europe you'd have to at least have a hunch about his/her native region to be able to choose which language to use for the searches. I, for example, just googled "personnes disparus France" and landed directly to the site where Marie Ange was.

I don't think any disrespect was intended. She got that name because that was the name of the road she was found near.

I think whoever dumped her there did so on purpose, near Devil Dog Rd. to say something about the victim. I've driven past that exit on I-40 a number of times and the name always stood out to me. So much that I took a photo of the sign. I could be wrong, though.

I seriously doubt the UID is Annelise. there was blood in her apt in FL which suggests she was murdered inside her apt. I cannot envision any scenario where someone would transport a bloodied dead body from FL to AZ. even if that happened, the UID was dead no more than a few weeks in October 2003 in AZ and it is presumed Annelise met with foul play in the spring of 2003 in FL.

It looks like this still hasn't been solved. This is from the AZ sherriffs office web site...

http://www.coconino.az.gov/uploadedFiles/Sheriff/DDD_Poster.pdf

I wonder if the dental work could have been done after that photo was taken?
Did anyone submit this as a possibility?

Mary Agle is probably not Devil Dog Doe. Her eye color is wrong and she is much too small. The Doe Network tells us a lot ( http://doenetwork.org/cases/411ufaz.html)
It is not unusual for people from other parts of the EU to move to the Paris area of France. As a rule, Europeans don't invest as much as Americans do in Dentistry. Most people with that kind of extensive dental work would probably be pretty well off. People from France who visit America frequently rent cars and drive to major outdoor attractions. The Grand Canyon is a popular destination. A middle aged woman would probably not rent a car by herself. If she had no traveling companion, she would probably go with a tourist group.

I think she was with her husband in a rental car, probably on her way to the Grand Canyon, and he killed her and dumped her body just of I-40. When he returned to France, he told a story that convinced others who knew her not to go to the authorities (she left him for another man, she decided to stay in the US, who knows). Had the French Police or Interpol contacted the FBI (or whoever they would contact) I think the connection would have been made pretty easily. Once the isotope results were received, inquiries were certainly made in France.

This is a long shot, but what about this woman? http://www.nampn.org/cases/macduckston_nancy_jean.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/macduckston_nancy.html

Some of the details on the two sites differ, but basically she was married, she may have had a boyfriend, she seems to have made some arrangements to be gone for a while, and nobody's seen her since. She went missing from Davenport, California, in August of 2003. She was 53, which is just slightly under the UID's estimated 55-65, and 125 lbs, which is on the low side (but she looks heavier in several photos). Her eyes are described as blue, but in most of her pictures, they appear very dark.

I've attached some thumbnails of Nancy and DDJD. She appears to be dying her hair to cover the gray, so it's hard to tell how much blonde and how much gray she has.

Think this one is worth pursuing?

Attachments

• 411ufaz with macduckston_nancy_jean_2.jpg
    411ufaz with macduckston_nancy_jean_2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 52
:bump:

Looks like no new updates. Anyone want to take a crack at this one? Someone is definitely missing this woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back