Identified! AZ - Yuma, WhtFem 195UFAZ, 18-22, 'Angel Baby' tattoo, Oct'99 - Angel McAllister

I keep thinking 'why' to myself about this. Shot in the face with a shotgun... Brutal. :(

Yes, speaks to jealousy, rage. (Rage obviously!) I wouldn't rule out a female Perp.
As far as the victim being from Mexico...I would think dental and medical professionals would be able to identify the dental work as being from Mexico, as well as the surgical scar.

Wow, this was sudden. Rest in peace, sweet Angel.

Her relatives said they were in foster care and Angel left the residence after she turned 18. Wow she was beautiful!

It's a story I heard often with unreported young UID's. Turning 18, leaving home, and being unreported missing because they are an adult and can do as they please. It's easier now because we have cell phones/Internet, but then all you could do was wonder if you didn't have an address or home phone number.

Rip Angel McAllister.

rbbm
http://www.kyma.com/news/ycso-and-fbi-crack-18-year-old-cold-case/646216906

YCSO and FBI crack 18-year-old cold case

"Angel Baby" has been identified

Posted: Oct 26, 2017
On Monday, May 8, 2017, the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office received notification from the Federal Bureau of Investigation that the identification of “Angel Baby”, the victim of a 1999 YCSO homicide cold case, had been obtained from a new fingerprint identification program that was initiated this year with the FBI, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), and the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). This new program identified two prints belonging to Angel Marie McAlister, an 18- year-old woman from the San Diego area.
Due to some irregularities in the identification, the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office determined it would be best to locate living family members so that DNA samples could be obtained and compared to the victim. NCMEC, NamUs and the San Diego Child and Family Services were instrumental in helping locate these family members.

wouww....sad and glad...angel-baby RIP sweet girl. Looking at her pic and the pm drawing....it's obvious how hard the search can be.... who ever found this out...a very deep bow...

I think the key to figuring out what happened to Angel is knowing how she spent the period between her disappearance and murder.

She left home around two months prior to being killed. In my opinion, she looks just as healthy and well-groomed in her reconstructions (although they only tell us so much) as she does in photos taken before she went missing. Something tells me that she hadn't spent much time between August and October '99 in the streets or otherwise home-insecure. I think someone had to have been looking out for her.

Did Angel have a car? Did she even know how to drive? It would help a lot in understanding how capable she was of surviving/getting around on her own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back