Votes: 159 70.0%
  • B. He is only interested in legal spin and public exposure

Votes: 68 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not overwhelmed.

So far, I liked MN much better. He seemed to be a good and honorable man.

Maybe he could be George's personal atty.

Jury's still out for me.

Not so sure yet either. He became their attorney w/in 48 hrs. of Caylee's remains being discovered, so its "quiet time" for the A's right now. So his job, w/ regard to "Spindy" especially, has been a breeze. We'll see how he gets a month or so from now when the A's are a little less traumatized. He'll probably start spinning things soon. He already has made some weird statement about Casey and threw it out there that it would be strange if she committed this murder and leave the body so close to home.

The "Nanny" is the A's new euphemism for baby killer. As long as KC's defense sticks by the nanny story anyone representing the rest of the family has no choice but to use the same.

The less said by Brad about KC or the nanny the more credibility he will retain.

[snip]

:clap: :clap: ITA :clap: :clap:

The jury is still out for me.

I think he is a good attorney. I do not think he is interested in spin. The A's need an attorney and have a right to have a good one. So far, he is doing what a good attorney would given the circumstances. Even though I don't like the latest about pursuing others profiteering from the case, it is legally acceptable.

I also think that the removal of the memorial could cause yet another round of protesters...they just need to back off of things...jb claims he is doing media blitzs for potential change of venue---a's should follow that in this case...they do things just to cause attention to themselves.....just let it go at this point --- it is for Caylee---I think removal will be a public nightmare ---- its tense enough--why do they continue to stroke it??????

Too soon to know. I haven't seen him do much lawyering, other than in the PR aspect that's so prevalent in this case. The A's are keeping silent and he is so far able to speak for them, as a representative is supposed to do. He himself presents a nice and sympathetic figure, but that may not persuade people if the message from the A's stays the same. It does seem he was more acceptable than Mr. N because he will carry forth the Casey banner, as the A's apparently wish. That seems odd, coming from their attorney, who for some reason felt the need in one of his first public statements to suggest the A's need and want immunity as part of their new leaf of cooperating with LE.

Maybe it's a defense attorney thing, but there seems to be some prevalent idea that the best way to garner sympathy for a client is to publicly suggest they have been unfairly treated by LE. Nothing would be further from the truth in the case of the A's. How many times is he going to go on TV and misstate that they can't visit Casey because the tapes will be on television the next day, and they wish to see her in private? He knows well and good how most of the tapes that were released came to be released, and when, and he knows the rules at the jail.

Having written all this, I guess the thing I notice is that everything gets taken to the public forum, rather than proper channels. If you want or need immunity, which suggests a degree of jeopardy for your clients, go privately to the state and LE and discuss it. If you feel they are wrongfully being deprived of a special jail visiting privilege, file a motion with the court and make an official request, stating your case. Why does an attorney even have to be out in front of the cameras with an A spin on every event that occurs? Oh, well.

I think any attorney that can contain the Anthonys has to be a good lawyer.

imoo

You should add an 'On the fence, not sure about this lawyer' on the poll - I'm not sure about him yet
That's where I'm at. On the fence. As to the Anthonys and the memorial, I would have a good deal more sympathy for them if the announcement about the stuffed animals being donated to charity was followed up by an announcement to what charity the monies raised in Caylee's name was going to be donated to. Betcha the money never sees a charity unless it's the one that begins at home. JMO:mad:

I like him, for the most part. I don't agree on sending the momentoes left at the memorial site to charity just yet. I don't think that helps the Anthony's in the court of public opinion. And, they need lots of help in that court.

If they absolutely want to send toys to a charity in Caylee's memory to use for this Christmas, why not send the dozens of toys that are in their possession in their home? (I know the answer is that, as grieving grandparents, they are not willing to part with them yet. However, have that same respect for the others who have left toys at the memorial. They left them there for a reason and did not choose to give them to charity. That is their gift and memory of Caylee.)

As far as time being of the essence, since Christmas is near, again I don't think this is an excuse to tear down a public memorial. There are other occassions where charities give gifts to children, as well as next Christmas.

I have a hard time understanding the Anthony's actions in some cases, but have been sympathetic because I do not honestly know how I would react under such horrible circumstances. This is just another reaction (removing the public memorial) that I struggle to understand. Why is it not comforting to them that others are grieving with them? Do they see it as a stab at the fact that their daughter is accused of her murder?

I agree in theory donating the toys is a good idea, in actuality, not so much. Those are not their toys to give, they are not on their property and they are not Caylee's next of kin, KC is. They have no authority to touch anything that has been laid there in memory of Caylee and to do so is in poor taste. JMO, but I firmly believe this. Not only from an emotional point of view but as a public relations point of view this is just another, among many, really really bad choices the Anthony's continue to make.

So they should just sit out there and get dirty and rained on, instead of being used by a child who may not get anything else for Christmas? Sorry, but I disagree.

If they had thrown out the toys, they'd be criticized. If they had ignored them completely, they'd be criticized.

They aren't Caylee's next of kin, but how exactly is Casey supposed to do anything with the memorial?

These people can't do ANYTHING without being blasted.

It took me awhile to decide about Conway, now I am getting a better picture of what he's all about.
Spinnnnnnnnnnn
Here's a quote from him,
"Every conversation they have with her is taped or videotaped and immediately released in the media the next day," he said. "
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/22/national/main4681516.shtml

There has Never been any taped conversations between Casey and her visitors that were released the next day. That was a huge exaggeration on Conway's part. Wolf in sheeps clothing ---jmo

I like him. But I keep expecting him to say "Super-size that" because I think he resembles Morgan Spurlock.

Honestly tho, what COULD the Anthony's do that would not attract criticism? I think at this point they're 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' for just about everything.

Mr. Conway seems like a great guy with a great heart. Every time he speaks you can see the sadness in his eyes about this case. I honestly and whole heartedly hope the A's can learn and grow from him.

That's where I'm at. On the fence. As to the Anthonys and the memorial, I would have a good deal more sympathy for them if the announcement about the stuffed animals being donated to charity was followed up by an announcement to what charity the monies raised in Caylee's name was going to be donated to. Betcha the money never sees a charity unless it's the one that begins at home. JMO:mad:

On the local news it was said that they are deciding now which missing child agency/agencies will receive that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa