Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I came in so late to the discussion last night and my comments ended up totally in left field with what was being discussed.

Went to the movie Wonder last night. It was so good! I mention it because of 2 reasons, One because the little blonde girl reminded me of LB in her pics and Two, some of the dynamics people run into in life seemed to be brought into the movie with some characters just on the cusp of life and where they might intersect with the right or wrong people. If you get the chance see it. :) bring a kleenex/tissue.

I think M1 is good for MS. The thing I struggle with is MM being there for it. How big or separated was this house? I think she was gone from the house for a bit or she was involved some. (although I can't see the "mean" girls not being both included if MM was) That swing by CN day camp muddies those waters for me. LE seems to be a bit too lenient with women. IMO There are mean girls who enjoy hurting others as well.

MS involvement with clean up before DM got back on the 4th; may or may not have been dealing with the mattress, but one of his texts sure sounded like a problem he was dealing with but he said it could wait until DM gets back. How would MS been able to keep MM out of that as well as the night before?

Someone also mentioned payment for MS....wonder why he was working on his passport. (?)

It was said during the trial that DM’s house had 10 bedrooms so it was definitely a sprawling house.

Honestly, I still wonder where WM was during all of this. I know he had a drinking issue and spent time in his room. Also it appears that he required a scooter ,so some form of disability seemed to be present.

But, come on....how can people be living in your house, coming and going, smoking weed, doing drugs, having parties and carrying on in YOUR HOUSE and they aren't your friends or associates?

Aside from the fact that "it is alleged that DM murdered his father", I do wonder about elder abuse.

This whole situation blows me away.

MOO

Easiest if you read billandrews time line May 25th 2012
I did go back and look. Thanks! I'm still not connecting the dots. I may not have had enough coffee today :).

Also, what do you think is meant by ting tings? And where is it implied that they are bringing other girls in relation to the incinerator?

Not sure if we know the answer to this yet but which vehicle did DM use to pick up Laura at the station?

Honestly, I still wonder where WM was during all of this. I know he had a drinking issue and spent time in his room. Also it appears that he required a scooter ,so some form of disability seemed to be present.

But, come on....how can people be living in your house, coming and going, smoking weed, doing drugs, having parties and carrying on in YOUR HOUSE and they aren't your friends or associates?

Aside from the fact that "it is alleged that DM murdered his father", I do wonder about elder abuse.

This whole situation blows me away.

MOO
I agree, it's pretty maddening. I see a form of elder abuse for sure. I see an older man that's given up fighting his adult son.

I do think it's likely he wasn't even there that night, however. He did have a gf, and as an older man who's kind of given up the fight, he likely spent a bit of time away from the house all together. It was probably just easier. It's sad because it's HIS house.

Even through this trial and last, it's often referred to DM's house on Maplegate. And every time I hear that it irks me.

MS role the night of the murder may have been lookout. MS text to DM. “Where you at?” After midnight may have genuinely wondering where DM was as the plan had been to take LB to the farm after murdering her.

I just read again on CTV an article about the SCoC ruling on text messages.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/text-m...en-once-received-supreme-court-says-1.3712970

Does anyone have any input about how this can not affect this case, and the LB case on appeal?
Without the text messages and pictures, there would be close to no evidence.
I think what I take from this, is that if LE have a production order or a search warrant, then this evidence is admissible. Anyone please correct me if I'm interpreting this incorrectly.

Let's hope LE crossed their T's and dotted their I's in the LB case. I'm going to assume they did.

I just read again on CTV an article about the SCoC ruling on text messages.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/text-m...en-once-received-supreme-court-says-1.3712970

Does anyone have any input about how this can not affect this case, and the LB case on appeal?
Without the text messages and pictures, there would be close to no evidence.

I don't see how this would have any bearing on this particular case. The article clearly states:

"However, the court cautions that much depends on the facts of a case, and that the outcome might be different in other circumstances."

In this case the challange was that they were found on an accomplice phone. It sounds like there was no warrant for the phone.

Total different situation. Most of the texts and pictures were found on DM backup files on his computers. Unless the police did not have the proper warrants I dont see how that would effect this case in any way shape or form. MOO

Going back and reading some old articles. What a pile of poop. DM stresses how he didnt buy gifts or really care that much for CN. Yet from Pillay in Tim's trial

https://www.google.ca/amp/ottawasun.../wcm/4079a003-a8b2-40db-8277-559593356418/amp

"Pillay showed the jury several text messages Millard sent Noudga before his arrest when he tells her how much he loves her and desires her.

She said they had been dating about 26 months before his arrest. She said he was generous to her, taking her on trips to Washington, Las Vegas, British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, and other destinations"

I agree, it's pretty maddening. I see a form of elder abuse for sure. I see an older man that's given up fighting his adult son.

I do think it's likely he wasn't even there that night, however. He did have a gf, and as an older man who's kind of given up the fight, he likely spent a bit of time away from the house all together. It was probably just easier. It's sad because it's HIS house.

Even through this trial and last, it's often referred to DM's house on Maplegate. And every time I hear that it irks me.

I am very curious about their relationship too. I hope that information comes out during the next trial. There must be a story there. They certainly didn’t have conventional living arrangements.

I did go back and look. Thanks! I'm still not connecting the dots. I may not have had enough coffee today :).

Also, what do you think is meant by ting tings? And where is it implied that they are bringing other girls in relation to the incinerator?
Make sure you are in 2012. May 25 at 12:05 from MS to DM. And Ting tings, if i recall correctly, was a slang for hookers, prostitutes.

I suppose they could have just brought girls to the hanger - they wouldn't have cared what they were up to.

What is the link for the text messages again? Sorry if it’s obvious, i’m just not finding it...i’m referring to BillAndrew’s docs

Not sure if we know the answer to this yet but which vehicle did DM use to pick up Laura at the station?

I think when you group the texts together with the tarp photo, you would think that DM picked her up with the Olds, then swapped for WM's van at the hangar before going to the farm. That's the story DM went with.

But I think he could have had the van at the house already and used it that night and the next day.

I think when you group the texts together with the tarp photo, you would think that DM picked her up with the Olds, then swapped for WM's van at the hangar before going to the farm. That's the story DM went with.

But I think he could have had the van at the house already and used it that night and the next day.

The flashy convertible? That would make people notice IMO. So was that car checked for DNA I wonder?

I totally agree with this. Us true crime junkies are such a small fraction of the population in the grand picture. So many people I know, who are intelligent folks who watch the news, still haven't heard of these cases, or at least to the degree that would make them prejudice if sitting on a jury.

What I DO wonder however, is if any of the jurors are anything like me. Even after given explicit rules to stay away from MSM, I might just be so inclined to do a little google search of DM and MS. Even just to see if they were on FB or other forms of social media. Call me a little ****, but I just might do that and keep it to myself, lol. Sleuthing is in my blood, I can't help it!

LOL, I’ve thought about this many times. I’m not 100% sure I could stay away either, or at least not peek! When I want to know something, I want to know EVERYTHING!!

The thing that would deter me from that however, especially these last few years, is I would be so nervous that I would mix up facts in the jury room, between testimony and possible reading I had done elsewhere! I certainly wouldn’t want THAT to happen, but I believe I’ve mentioned my aging brain here before lol.

They are suppose to have no idea. But I can't really see that happening as the media is pretty prevalent about this story.

Oh I can see 14 out of 250 Plus (potential jurors interviewed) people not knowing about TB! It’s actually surprising how many people have no clue who TB, DM and MS are. For every 10 people I’ve asked, maybe only half know or have just heard about a “guy” killed over a truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500