Baby Lisa's Mom Calls KMBC's Kris Ketz

I have no problem with law enforcement so I don't fit your theory.

That's why I used the word "generally" in my post. I am glad you don't have any problems with LE. It's always good to know there are people that support LE. Thanks.

Wouldn't it be nice to know who prompted DB to make the call? Maybe she felt bad about KCMB knocking on the door and not answering.

What did we learn from her call?

1. She doesn't give a hoot what people think.
2. She has reason to hope Lisa is alive
3. She has three leads she won't share.

...IIRC, she had two leads four months ago which her and her attorneys weren't sharing then either. Maybe the website is working for her.

If it's not about DB, then it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks. If it were my child missing, I would be calling the media all day, every day. I wouldn't give two hoots what people thought about me. I would want my child located if I believed she was out there somewhere. I would delight in the exposure my baby was getting and I would keep it up. Look at how much press Sierra LaMar is getting with her parents doing interviews, etc. This is too little, too late.

Somebody ought to knock off the chip sitting on DB's shoulder..

Oh, Whisp, do you really think that could happen?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Actually, it is all too sad......

Don't think this has been posted yet...
http://www.kmbc.com/video/30837525/detail.html

"Deborah Bradley speaks with KMBC 9's Kris Ketz about the six months since her daughter, Lisa Irwin, disappeared and says she has reason to hope that the baby is alive and well."

Thank You for this update ...

BBM: Hmmm ... interesting ... I will listen tomorrow when I have more time

JMO ... but I am certain there will NOT be any "new info" ... it will be the "same old" ... "same old" from Deb ...

JMO and MOO ...

:moo::moo::moo:

I believe she's saying "Native American".

Thanks, Ranch, I should have put that together!
I have black & hispanic friends who regularily get pulled over & searched for no percieved reason.

But, but, but...Deborah refuses to talk to the media...how can this be? :rolleyes:

Did you here her speak? She called from a private line and cried to a person. It was a controlled call with her in the driver seat. It was not exactly a way to generate help for Lisa. He gave us a minute of a thirty minute call. She must not have said much that was important. She didn't give any info to find Lisa and refused to share her THREE leads..GMAB!

It was relayed that Bill S put together a team to locate Lisa. Really Bill, really DB? Care to expound on that? Doesn't look like she cares to share that either. How much of the call was about Lisa and how much was about DB? You be the judge. IIRC, the first thing out of his mouth was the DB doesn't care what people think about her. There goes the order of importance...take it from there.

Somebody ought to knock off the chip sitting on DB's shoulder..

:floorlaugh:

JMO and MOO ... but Deb does NOT come across as "sincere" and "honest" at all ...

There is a lot of "snarkiness" in her responses, voice and facial expressions, and she "smirks" too much ...

In other words, Deb does NOT come across as a mother whose child was "kidnapped" / "abducted" ... her "lack of emotion" says it all ...

Thank You for this update ...
BBM: Hmmm ... interesting ... I will listen tomorrow when I have more time

JMO ... but I am certain there will NOT be any "new info" ... it will be the "same old" ... "same old" from Deb ... JMO and MOO ...

He said she broke down and cried on the phone...but didn't expound upon it...thank goodness! She can cry on a dime.

So basically what we have here are two different sets of people. Ones who have good experiences with LE and some who haven't. Those who like LE and those who have a beef. Those who had a beef with LE will generally doubt what LE says and transfer their experiences to DB/JI and sympathize with them and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have to wonder about girls who marry LE and don't like them based on their job. Suddenly they don't want to hear what they did that night/day. I knew somebody who called her LE husband stupid because he didn't know she did crack cocaine. I have thoughts on this, but this thread is not the time or place.

I see it as people speaking from real life experience, and I too have a great respect for LE but as Pinkdragon pointed out, they too are human and some have tunnel vision. MOO

Now I'm off to bed. Night!

As police privately still have doubts about her story she remains hopeful that her daughter is alive and will eventually be home.
Why is she hopeful?
Three very important leads she says the police and the FBI have but she wouldn't tell us what they are.

Police have cleared more than 1,500 leads. Young said some leads remain to be checked out, but tips are prioritized and those remaining are not considered promising.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/17332959/search-for-baby-lisa-irwin-grows-cold

*helpless shrug*

Pink and Dewey's own personal experiences aside....if it were MY child missing, I would do ANYTHING, talk to ANYONE who might even have the slightest chance of bringing her home. ANYONE. ANYTHING. Because, dear friends, I would be desperate, as only a parent can be, to find my child!!

Unless...of course, I already knew the outcome (i.e. what had happened, where she was). Then, yes, I could very, very easily put myself in the "I'm not talking" chair. Why should I? I already have the answers. There is no dire need to find my child, because she's not out there, missing, possibly hurt. I already know what happened.

So basically what we have here are two different sets of people. Ones who have good experiences with LE and some who haven't. Those who like LE and those who have a beef. Those who had a beef with LE will generally doubt what LE says and transfer their experiences to DB/JI and sympathize with them and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have to wonder about girls who marry LE and don't like them based on their job. Suddenly they don't want to hear what they did that night/day. I knew somebody who called her LE husband stupid because he didn't know she did crack cocaine. I have thoughts on this, but this thread is not the time or place.

I can appreciate that people have had bad experiences with LE. Those who apply the benefit of the doubt to DB and JI, should also apply that benefit of the doubt to LE on this case in the spirit of equality. The LE in this case, in all likelyhood are not barking up the wrong tree. Solid work has led them to the path they are following in this case.

----------------------------------------------
I wonder if JP approved DB to call in to Kris K. On the news I watched yesterday morning, they stated that that the parents or attorneys would not speak on camera. We went from that to JI on camera and DB on the phone with a reporter. *shrugs*

I have a great deal of respect for LE because my son is LE. BUT I am also realistic and know that some of them do get tunnel vision, and they make up their minds the first day who is guilty and go to great lengths to make that person confess. I also know that LE can get away with using certain tactics during interrogations that border on harassment. (And a few are just plain crooked as the day is long.)
I do believe that LE in this case have not really been fair to Deb, and I am of the opinion that people should NOT take LDT's until they can calm down a little. LE should not pressure someone to take one "to clear their name" because it does not work that way and LE knows it doesn't.

I can appreciate that people have had bad experiences with LE. Those who apply the benefit of the doubt to DB and JI, should also apply that benefit of the doubt to LE on this case in the spirit of equality. The LE in this case, in all likelyhood are not barking up the wrong tree. Solid work has led them to the path they are following in this case.

----------------------------------------------
I wonder if JP approved DB to call in to Kris K. On the news I watched yesterday morning, they stated that that the parents or attorneys would not speak on camera. We went from that to JI on camera and DB on the phone with a reporter. *shrugs*

I do respect your opinions, but WHAT solid work led them to believe Deb was guilty in the first couple of days?? They had barely begun to investigate the disappearance when they questioned her the first time.

Pink and Dewey's own personal experiences aside....if it were MY child missing, I would do ANYTHING, talk to ANYONE who might even have the slightest chance of bringing her home. ANYONE. ANYTHING. Because, dear friends, I would be desperate, as only a parent can be, to find my child!!
Unless...of course, I already knew the outcome (i.e. what had happened, where she was). Then, yes, I could very, very easily put myself in the "I'm not talking" chair. Why should I? I already have the answers. There is no dire need to find my child, because she's not out there, missing, possibly hurt. I already know what happened.

I agree, most of us would!! However, consider the possibilty that they immediately centered on you as being guilty, and they treated you like dirt under their feet. Consider that they accused you, over and over, and yelled at you and threatened you and told you they KNEW you killed your child and it was just a matter of time until they could prove it. Consider that they lied to you at every turn, told you that you failed a polygraph, and that was prrof you did it.
Would you STILL be so anxious to talk to them???
I'm pretty sure I would not.

I do respect your opinions, but WHAT solid work led them to believe Deb was guilty in the first couple of days?? They had barely begun to investigate the disappearance when they questioned her the first time.

Solid work as in following investigative protocols and using their extensive training to determine their next move in the investigation. Taking in the evidence at the scene (the shady bent window stands out as a red flag to me), the behavior and statements of the parents, among other things.

Seasoned investigators do not come onto a case and take a willy nilly stab at investigating. They evaluate things without people even knowing they are doing so. Evaluating linguistic style during interviews is a perfect example of them using their training and people not even knowing they are doing so. Some call it gut, but there is science behind it. You can determine someone is being deceptive in a lot of cases by knowing what to look for in speech patterns. Such a technique will move you forward in an investigation. These are the kinds of things I mean by solid work. I cannot speak to the specifics of this case as I do not know every move they have made. I am confident they did not come on scene and not follow established protocols and chuck their training out the window. They started with solid work, and continued from there.

ETA: not sure how this post reads. I mean it w/o the slightest bit of snark. I hope my passion doesn't read as snark. :/

Don't think this has been posted yet...

"Deborah Bradley speaks with KMBC 9's Kris Ketz about the six months since her daughter, Lisa Irwin, disappeared and says she has reason to hope that the baby is alive and well."
Interesting that Jeremy comes out to speak and join in the release but Debbie is still hiding out from all of it. I don't know if she's innocent or guilty but it just feels like extreme guilt to me. As for her still having hope that Lisa is coming home? Well, I think we know another mom that in my opinion, killed her daughter, threw her in the woods and said the same thing. :banghead:

But, but, but...Deborah refuses to talk to the media...how can this be? :rolleyes:
Yes, she does refuse to talk to the media and has refused many times in the past. :rolleyes: When Debbie speaks she is speaking in riddles so really it doesn't help get the word out about Lisa in a way that will help people locate her. I really think the girl has some mental issues that needed resolved long before Lisa came up missing, IMO

Wouldn't it be nice to know who prompted DB to make the call? Maybe she felt bad about KCMB knocking on the door and not answering.

What did we learn from her call?

1. She doesn't give a hoot what people think.
2. She has reason to hope Lisa is alive
3. She has three leads she won't share.

...IIRC, she had two leads four months ago which her and her attorneys weren't sharing then either. Maybe the website is working for her.
I think Debbie made the call because Jeremy was going out to be a part of the balloon launch and she didn't want him to one up her so she had to do something. Calling in to talk to a reporter is all good and fine, but Debbie I really think you're reading here, what you really need to do, both you and Jeremy is talk to LE. I don't care what they think. Sit in there and prove to them that you are innocent by telling the truth. Take your attorneys and you and Jeremy talk separately, but just do it already. The longer you wait the longer it tends to show your guilt to not only myself but others. I always feel like you're the one that doesn't want to do the interviews apart from Jeremy? Why? Are you afraid you won't be able to control his answers? I think so.

I'd volunteer...
Ha! I was just thinking there would be a line of volunteers!

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back