Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

I don't see anything derogatory written about her appearance. Coming from him, the claim that it creates a "circus like atmosphere" makes me laugh.

Makes me laugh also! Especially since Casey, Baez, the Anthony's and their lawyers OWN the circus!

If Baez would stop filing these nonsensical motions, THAT would keep his celebrity client out of court!

(celebrity in Casey and Baez' mind)

ETA: would keep Casey out of court until the trial!)

Since I think his strategy is to fight the system by saying it is sloppy, unfair and tunnel visioned, motions are opportunities to make his case.

IMO

Since I think his strategy is to fight the system by saying it is sloppy, unfair and tunnel visioned, motions are opportunities to make his case.

IMO

I just cannot see it as that because Baez knows it is akin to fighting City Hall, the IRS, and the Federal Government. IMO, he cannot win these motions.

I do not agree that the system is sloppy, unfair and tunnel visioned. Baez knew what the System was when he went to law school and he chose to take part in it. I see all of this as Baez grasping at straws and whining with no merit to it.

I suppose we will see how far he gets Friday!

If Baez would stop filing these nonsensical motions, THAT would keep his celebrity client out of court!

(celebrity in Casey and Baez' mind)

ETA: would keep Casey out of court until the trial!)

Really. Especially since he doesn't have to file his motions for discovery items that will be given to him in good time by the State. He just files them cause he wants them sooner and wants it to appear he has to force state to give him his due. There are people that have posted they buy the latter, so apparently it does work.

Really. Especially since he doesn't have to file his motions for discovery items that will be given to him in good time by the State. He just files them cause he wants them sooner and wants it to appear he has to force state to give him his due. There are people that have posted they buy the latter, so apparently it does work.

I just cannot invision the State violating the discovery rules and thereby jeopardize their case. I agree with you that Baez just wants it to appear he has to force discovery.

Has anyone asked the property owner to see if he is causing Jose all of this trouble?

I just cannot invision the State violating the discovery rules and thereby jeopardize their case. I agree with you that Baez just wants it to appear he has to force discovery.

Yes.

I don't think the state has been unfair or tunnel visioned. But, I think that is going to be Baez's theory when the case goes to trial.

Baez is posturing now to future jurors.

He is trying to plant seeds that the prosecutors aren't being fair to his "underdog" client.

IMO

Huh? Did I miss somehting?
Sorry. I did a no-no, cross pollinating threads. I thought this was a Friday court motion thread, not one just dealing with her supreme majesty. LOL

http://www.wftv.com/news/18580690/detail.html#-

Casey and her lawyers will be back in court Friday to ask the judge several things, including to order the owner of the property where Caylee's remains were found to let them in to inspect the area (read motion).

Poor "underdog Casey" isn't getting a fair trial because of the unfair prosecutors:
Jose Baez -- in a rare move -- filed an emergency motion to recuse State Attorney Lawson Lamar and his employees from the case. Baez believes local prosecutors may be secretly trying to smear his reputation and, therefore, hurt Anthony's right to a fair trial.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18582240/detail.html#-
JB is going to have to get the Attorney General to take over because the situation is so bad.

Posturing...and more posturing...IMO

Clearly they should just drop all charges and let her go - that motion is probably coming up next. Good lord does he ever work on the actual case? I remember seeing a clip where he called the paying-for-copies through the courthouse a "scam" and the opposing counsel just about lost it. This stuff just doesn't make sense. I'm guessing he is a laughing stock in the local legal community. :boohoo:

KC doesn't want to go to the courtroom because she's a lazy slug. It's too much work to walk over there and sit through all that boring talk about motions and laws and blah blah blah.

MOO of course.

you have to admit that her last 'forced' appearance was a bit of a circus. If I remember correctly, some of the news stations had their helicopters hovering over the jail so they could 'track' her from jail to courthouse.

Now I would love it if Judge Strickland agreed with JB about this whole circus atmosphere and slapped a gag order on EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! Wouldn't that be interesting? Would a gag order cover discovery documents asked for under the Sunshine Law - does anyone know?

What people say about how she looks matters to Casey. That is obvious by how pleased she was when George called her gorgeous..."Aw shucks..." <giggle...happy face>

She was mad enough because she had to go to court when she didn't want to. I bet she really threw a hissy fit over the articles that said she was "heavier" and "pale".

Yes, I totally believe hearing bad things about her appearance gets to Casey in a way the most gruesome detail about Caylee's remains never would.

IMO

ITA- i think KC was pizzed last time, because she didn't have time to do her makeup, hair, etc., before they hauled her off to court....Well, she knows in advance this time- bet ya she has full hair and makeup done up as well as she can do by herself in jail with limited supplies. Still won't cover up her ugly soul...JMO

ITA- i think KC was pizzed last time, because she didn't have time to do her makeup, hair, etc., before they hauled her off to court....Well, she knows in advance this time- bet ya she has full hair and makeup done up as well as she can do by herself in jail with limited supplies. Still won't cover up her ugly soul...JMO

How much you wanna bet that her commissary list contains LOTS of new make up items on it this week. :rolleyes:

you have to admit that her last 'forced' appearance was a bit of a circus. If I remember correctly, some of the news stations had their helicopters hovering over the jail so they could 'track' her from jail to courthouse.

Now I would love it if Judge Strickland agreed with JB about this whole circus atmosphere and slapped a gag order on EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! Wouldn't that be interesting? Would a gag order cover discovery documents asked for under the Sunshine Law - does anyone know?

JB contradicts himself, though. Remember he was the one who opposed the gag order in Judge S's court.

JB contradicts himself, though. Remember he was the one who opposed the gag order in Judge S's court.

I know, that is why I think it would be just too funny if Judge Strickland imposed one so there would be no more 'circus atmosphere' :) As a number of people have said here on WS 'Karma can be such a b__tch'

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick
Back