Bags that contained awful smell. - Update it was animal remains found-

I have two questions.

1. How did the media get this information before LE?

2. How can a hole be created by trees... from the article "The garbage bags were covering what appears to be a hole created by a few trees."

I think they made a mistake reporting the name of the street. Try looking up Sunderson Street. It runs parallel to the 417. It's in areas where she's pinged.

It could be as simple as the roots displacing the earth as they grow larger. Considering most trees in that area don't have to tap down too far for water sources, it would stand to reason that their roots are usually exposed. The space then between two larger roots would appear to be "a hole created...."

What is more curious is......how did I miss any discussion about a cross being found on a tree with beading matched to a picture of Caylee's?????

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...=16&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

"Search teams find dead animal

On Monday, Equusearch crews entered a wooded area off 417 on a street called Sounderson and found several garbage bags filled with rotted food. The garbage bags were covering what appeared to be a hole created by a few trees.

When the bags were removed, an awful smell came out. Equusearch officials began shaking their heads. "You know how many times we search for one person and find another," Mandy Albriton said who works with Equusearch.

Forensic detectives with the Orange County Sheriff's Office were called and they ruled the remains to be from an animal."

So frustrating... at least lots of dead animals are able to be put to rest :(

On the Hail Mary longshot of the year I trust LE will check out the contents of the bags for any connection owing to Casey's msg about getting rid of animal remains from her car...from a text msg sent from the nearby tower. How ironic 'twould be, if there were a shred of truth in her web of lies (this "if"...one of the biggest IF's ever) and a connection to the contents of her trunk being discovered. :rolleyes:

What is with all these dead animals in BAGS?!?!?

I just don't get it! :confused::confused::confused:

I buried my cat in a garbage bag in my yard so that other animals wouldn't smell him and dig him up. With all of the flooding and water in FL that could have been what happened and the water moved the bag + animal somewhere else.

Yea, and just dumped in public places! Why not at least toss them in a dumpster somewhere. I suppose a lot of people can't just bury their critters in the back yard like some of us do. :blushing: At least I can walk out and sit by his side and talk to him occasionally. Sure do miss my Rottenweiler. :sheesh:

Yea, and just dumped in public places! Why not at least toss them in a dumpster somewhere. I suppose a lot of people can't just bury their critters in the back yard like some of us do. :blushing: At least I can walk out and sit by his side and talk to him occasionally. Sure do miss my Rottenweiler. :sheesh:

I understand both of mine are out back too....even had a fit when the pool people were digging to close to their graves. ALot of reason for random animal burials in Fl is there are alot of Home Owners assoc and such that prevent you from bury animals.heck there are even cities that wont allow it you pay $100 animal dep. fee

Forensic Detectives vs Medical Examiner re: bones????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divers Search For Caylee Near Cross In Tree:
Head Of Equusearch Doubts Remains Will Be Found
POSTED: 7:34 pm EST November 9, 2008
UPDATED: 1:15 pm EST November 10, 2008

<snipped>
In other news:

/ Texas EquuSearch workers found some bones on Monday morning that resemble a rib cage. A medical examiner was called out to look at the discovery, and said the thinks it will turn out to be animal bones.

/ Texas Equusearch plans to wrap up its search Monday, after a weekend where hundreds of volunteers looked for Caylee in woods near Orlando International Airport.

/ A hearing set for Monday afternoon on a gag was postponed. Prosecutors want a judge to limit what attorneys and others in the case can say publicly.

/ And Caylee grandmother, CA, said they responded to a live sighting of Caylee early Sunday morning. CA and her husband, George, reviewed surveillance video from a Gainesville store, but were not able to determine the child's identity. They said they hope to review some better images on Monday.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/17943280/detail.html
I found this bizzarre. When this article first came out, it said that the medical examiner was called who said it will probably turn out to be animal bones. Then later it is confirmed by forensic detectives? Why wouldn't the medical examiner (who I thought was the final word) know right away - Why would he turn bones over to forensic detectives after viewing them and let them make the statement? Are they the final word? Do they work for the medical examiner? Does anyone know?

Also, why was the story changed afterwards to exclude the comment of the medical examiner?

I find this really strange. Could it be that LE is CYA'ing until a DNA check? If they turn out to be Caylee, they could say the ME said "possibly animal bones."

JMO - Thanks for any insight.

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/cms/DEPT/hfs/healthservices/me/positions/default.htm

Only the Deputy Chief Medical Examiner and the Chief Medical Examiner are authorized to make statements to the media. I am very interested to know why they have a fictitious job title "forensic detectives" making statements to the press regarding the rib cage bones, especially when a medical examiner was on the scene.

It would seem easy to losing the finding of Caylees body in the multiple reports of animal bones and there would be CYA in court, because no reporting positions exist.

This point is bugging me. I never heard of anyone but the ME's office giving determinations on bones to the media/public.

Any insight?

Thanks so much.

This seems strange:
When the bags were removed an awful smell came out. Equusearch core-people began shaking their heads. "You know how many times we search for one person and find another," said Mandy Albriton of Equusearch.

From what i have heard the smell of a decomp human body is one you will never forget and unlike an animal smell. Anybody else think it is strange these bones were ruled out so fast. I'm thinking they found something spoke to soon and are in CYA mode! JMO

This seems strange:
When the bags were removed an awful smell came out. Equusearch core-people began shaking their heads. "You know how many times we search for one person and find another," said Mandy Albriton of Equusearch.

From what i have heard the smell of a decomp human body is one you will never forget and unlike an animal smell. Anybody else think it is strange these bones were ruled out so fast. I'm thinking they found something spoke to soon and are in CYA mode! JMO

*Bold by me*

The statement attributed to Ms. Albriton seemed very odd to me. To make a statement like this almost begs that other relevant information wasn't released. IOW, remains that clearly weren't Caylee's somehow...I mean, it isn't like they were searching in area where Casey hadn't been placed by cell pings, etc. giving them cause to exclude anything they found in a preliminary statement like that...strange.

I still think this find is really strange. I've smelled dead animals before, and they don't smell as bad as this supposedly did. I don't remember the news reporting on any other animal bones that were found, and I'm sure there were a lot. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back