GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If her conviction in Bali doesn't automatically disqualify her from inheriting under the Slayer Statute, wouldn't it be a relatively simple matter of getting a civil judgement using all the text messages? A US jury/judge will see the obvious, I would think. It might take longer, but I think justice will prevail if her uncle pursues all avenues.

It might not come to that.

WW's back in control of the trust until she's thirty. Even if he gave her the $200K for her appeal and she won, I think it highly unlikely she'd get less than 5 years. Even without an appeal, she'll likely be out in 7.5 years with reductions for good behavior. Either way, she'll be deported back to the US to the waiting arms of the feds. I suspect they'll charge her with something similar to what they're charging TS's cousin with - conspiracy to murder. Possibly even more, because she clearly instigated this whole chain of events by soliciting people to kill her mother for $50K.

The real question now is what happens with Stella. One of our legal eagles would need to weigh in here. IME, a court-appointed guardian ad litem can have a lot of authority. I think in the US, the guardian might be able to instigate removing Stella from HM's care. The problem is, of course, that mother and child are not in the US. I don't know what happens if a guardian ad litem shows up in Indonesia with the appropriate documents and demands custody of Stella. I think that could happen here in the US, but I'm not sure.

I believe KW was on to something when she accused HM of trying to sell Stella to get money for her appeal. HM is desperate for that appeal. It's her last chance to get out early; more importantly, it might enable her to avoid the 'slayer statute' for a while (until she's tried and convicted in the US). I think she tried to bluff Soenardi during the last appeal, thinking he would still defend her without getting his $200K up front. It didn't quite work out that way - no pay, no play.

Hopefully the guardian ad litem has the authority to prevent HM from handing Stella over to someone without oversight and approval.

This is just absurd....

Body-in-a-suitcase killer Heather Mack strolls in sunglasses and a t-shirt as she is freed from jail AGAIN to take her daughter for treatment for the child's sixth finger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ree-jail-baby-girl-hospital-sixth-finger.html
From the article:

290e247a765b0d1285ff72202cf34a7e.jpg

I would like to know more about whose attorney fees were denied by the judge.

Is Favia still trying to collect for doing nothing?

I would like to know more about whose attorney fees were denied by the judge.

Is Favia still trying to collect for doing nothing?

I think that was the additional $200,000 in "appeal" fees that Ari Soenardi was trying to get out of the estate that were denied recently. I thought Favia's request was already denied?

MOO

I also wanted to mention that HM posted a couple of pics to her IG of the last hospital outing. It appears she met with a couple of her friends on the outside for lunch during that trip. Pics of her sitting in an outdoor patio restaurant with nary a guard to be seen. One of those friends is the daughter of a prominent couple in Bali (the mother is an Australian business woman and the father is an Indonesian government official) and has been visiting her since the very beginning when they met in the original jail. She was also at the hospital when Stella was born. HM has also posted a pic of herself in different clothes outside what may be the hospital, standing there posing for the camera, smiling and smoking a cigarette. This was after the original pics in the Daily Mail. Once again, no guard in sight. This may have been a second trip to see the baby since I believe the original article said that Stella would be staying overnight in the hospital. The caption she wrote on that pic reads "Love you Bali". Someone asked her to say hello to Tommy. She replied that she was on her way to see him now and said she could pass on the poster's phone number to him. So he does have a phone as well. Earlier pic of her and her cell mates having a picnic lunch outside on a large blanket shows how well they all get along.

I hope WW's team and the FBI are watching what a farce her "incarceration" is. Makes me wonder why Shapelle Corby had such a rough go of it.

MOO

Wow. Even worse than I imagined. Thanks, Kamille.

Schappelle Corby didn't have $$$ and friends in high places.

I thought the $200K for the appeal had already been turned down and that's why HM and TS lost. Gotta pay to play in the Indonesia justice system.

Ugh her pics make me want to vomit, can't stand that she's having such a good time!

Kamille - how did you find out who the friend was? I followed her IG a while ago in the hopes of uncovering info but so far, nothing. I also followed one of the guards on IG... And it's a (excuse my language) f*cking joke. No wonder she's having the time of her life

Ugh her pics make me want to vomit, can't stand that she's having such a good time!

Kamille - how did you find out who the friend was? I followed her IG a while ago in the hopes of uncovering info but so far, nothing. I also followed one of the guards on IG... And it's a (excuse my language) f*cking joke. No wonder she's having the time of her life

I sleuthed out the friend quite a while ago, back when Stella was born. I wasn't sure if she was still around but it appears that she is. That entire judicial and prison system in Indonesia is a joke. Not so funny when traffickers are being executed and murderers are being allowed to roam around free outside the prison though. :notgood:

I also wanted to mention that HM posted a couple of pics to her IG of the last hospital outing. It appears she met with a couple of her friends on the outside for lunch during that trip. Pics of her sitting in an outdoor patio restaurant with nary a guard to be seen. One of those friends is the daughter of a prominent couple in Bali (the mother is an Australian business woman and the father is an Indonesian government official) and has been visiting her since the very beginning when they met in the original jail. She was also at the hospital when Stella was born. HM has also posted a pic of herself in different clothes outside what may be the hospital, standing there posing for the camera, smiling and smoking a cigarette. This was after the original pics in the Daily Mail. Once again, no guard in sight. This may have been a second trip to see the baby since I believe the original article said that Stella would be staying overnight in the hospital. The caption she wrote on that pic reads "Love you Bali". Someone asked her to say hello to Tommy. She replied that she was on her way to see him now and said she could pass on the poster's phone number to him. So he does have a phone as well. Earlier pic of her and her cell mates having a picnic lunch outside on a large blanket shows how well they all get along.

I hope WW's team and the FBI are watching what a farce her "incarceration" is. Makes me wonder why Shapelle Corby had such a rough go of it.

MOO

Wonder if that is who she is trying to "sell" Stella to? Not that I buy that story, but there were rumors HM was going to place Stella with an Austrialian family. Maybe it is them? Would love to see the IG photos.

I'm inclined to believe there was substance for those rumors. I believe KW saw texts that led her to believe that HM was trying to use Stella to get the money for her appeal. I just couldn't figure out the scenario.

Maybe the family was supposed to ask for $150K to cover raising Stella. Cohen releases funds to the family, family 'loans' the money to HM, she appeals and buys her freedom, claims her inheritance (in her own right or via Stella) and pays the family back.

For that matter, in such a deal, if Cohen ordered the funds released, there is absolutely nothing that would legally obligate that family to honor the 'agreement'. They could just hand the money straight to Soenardi with no pretense. I don't think there's anything legally that the US could do against them. But if that was the plan, her 'friends' are as shady as she and TS (and Bibbs) are.

I've searched but can't find anything. At one point, Favia was trying to get a third of the inheritance signed over to Stella. That would protect her fee and provide cover for keeping some of the money safe for HM.

Did that effort fail? Or is it on hold while the courts decide whether or not HM was disqualified by the 'slayer rule'?

I wonder if HM is still going to appeal? I know it's been stated that she is, but I wonder what the status is. Does that mean she doesn't realize that if she does get out sooner and comes back to the states she'll get arrested as soon as she lands (or am I wrong about that?). Since she's supposedly representing herself now i assume there's no legal counsel to tell her to leave it be if she enjoys her freedom. If that's the case, bring on the appeal! Time to end her extended vacay.

I wonder if WW would consider giving her the money to pay soenardi for the appeal, just to get her back and in real jail sooner....

I wonder if WW would consider giving her the money to pay soenardi for the appeal, just to get her back and in real jail sooner....

Doubt it. She's unlikely to be tried for murder in the US and get life in prison so why not let her stay in jail over there as long as possible? What is going to be most interesting is what happens with Stella. If the GAL can get her back to the U.S., the gravy train is over for HM over there. She will have to rely on the kindness of the "friends" she's made for handouts.

If Stella stays there however, she will continue to live the life of luxury behind bars, fast food, snacks, makeup, cell phones etc. , courtesy of whomever is "raising" Stella thanks to the judges in the US having no idea how little things cost the locals there. Heck, she'll probably get to go to the family's home once a week for dinner. :notgood:

What will also be interesting is how Indonesia handles her release. Something tells me she'll get early parole and be required to stay in Bali on probation for some time. I believe that happened to Shappelle Corby. I think she's still there? Living with her sister and boyfriend? So it's likely HM will not be immediately extradited back to the U.S. on her release and she'll probably successfully stay on in Indonesia as a free woman with her daughter's trust fund money for a long time to avoid the FBI. Just mypredictions with the way things have been going in this case.

MOO

Thinking about it, now that Kamille posted about Osha's family, I can believe there was some kind of phony scheme to pretend Stella was being given up with $150K. These sound like exactly the kind of shady connected people who would do that.

Here's what's scary: ordinarily, HM and TS would be deported to the US when they get released. The US doesn't have an extradition treaty with Indonesia right now. Is there any possibility that HM could bribe her way out of deportation? Stay in Indonesia? Schappelle Corby is still there, but it's because she was given a term of parole after she was released - she can't leave yet.

It's clear that HM and TS are up-to-the-minute on what's happening in the US. I'm still curious about the amazing coincidence that TS would call Bibbs right while the feds were there arresting him - almost as though he had been tipped off. It's very bad for TS - he has been found guilty of murder and it's clear that when he goes back to the US, it's a slam-dunk to try him on the same charges on Bibbs.

HM still believes she's untouchable. She thinks she'll escape the 'slayer rule' on technicalities or keep access to the money via Stella. If she does have to face charges when she returns to the US, she assumes Elkin will get her off easy.

ETA: I was still typing when Kamille posted. I agree with everything you said, Kamille. This girl is teflon, she just seems to find suckers: TS, Elkin, Osha & family.

I kept looking at the picture, thinking something was wrong. Thanks for figuring it out! Odd about the cross, because she made a big deal about getting Stella baptized lately.

At one of the court appearances, when the sentences were being handed down, TS was holding that blue bracelet in his hand like a lucky charm. I remember wondering what he was thinking - that Rachel would be looking down from heaven, feel sorry for her ex, and put in a good word for him?

Thinking about it, now that Kamille posted about Osha's family, I can believe there was some kind of phony scheme to pretend Stella was being given up with $150K. These sound like exactly the kind of shady connected people who would do that.

Here's what's scary: ordinarily, HM and TS would be deported to the US when they get released. The US doesn't have an extradition treaty with Indonesia right now. Is there any possibility that HM could bribe her way out of deportation? Stay in Indonesia? Schappelle Corby is still there, but it's because she was given a term of parole after she was released - she can't leave yet.

It's clear that HM and TS are up-to-the-minute on what's happening in the US. I'm still curious about the amazing coincidence that TS would call Bibbs right while the feds were there arresting him - almost as though he had been tipped off. It's very bad for TS - he has been found guilty of murder and it's clear that when he goes back to the US, it's a slam-dunk to try him on the same charges on Bibbs.

HM still believes she's untouchable. She thinks she'll escape the 'slayer rule' on technicalities or keep access to the money via Stella. If she does have to face charges when she returns to the US, she assumes Elkin will get her off easy.

ETA: I was still typing when Kamille posted. I agree with everything you said, Kamille. This girl is teflon, she just seems to find suckers: TS, Elkin, Osha & family.

She seems to think she'll be back soon though. On her IG she posted a pic from her party days with the caption "See you soon Chicago" someone asked if she was serious, to which she replied "haha yeah"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74