Balloons at the Suburban Drive Disposal Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, has it occurred to any of you that there were probably hundreds of Father's Day Balloons bought around that time. And Winnie the Pooh balloons and balloons of every type. Isn't it just as possible that someone who lives in the same subdivision as the A's might have bought a bunch of balloons and as they were getting out of their car, lost their grip on the strings - and away the balloons went? they may have become tangled in any of the trees in the general vicinity. then along comes Fay, rains and wind, etc. dislodges the now deflated balloons from their perch, they fall to the ground and are washed this way and that way in the ensuing floods and wind up in the same area as Caylee. It could have happened this way, couldn't it?

Gosh, you know, it's occurred to me. It's also occurred to me that it is an incredible INCREDIBLE coincidence that a little girl whose last known breathing moments were on Father's Day, whose room had more Pooh than Christopher Robin, would suddenly end up 1600 feet from her own back door with items which are representative of these two things. So once it occurred to me, I decided to go with reason.

Ok, has it occurred to any of you that there were probably hundreds of Father's Day Balloons bought around that time. And Winnie the Pooh balloons and balloons of every type. Isn't it just as possible that someone who lives in the same subdivision as the A's might have bought a bunch of balloons and as they were getting out of their car, lost their grip on the strings - and away the balloons went? they may have become tangled in any of the trees in the general vicinity. then along comes Fay, rains and wind, etc. dislodges the now deflated balloons from their perch, they fall to the ground and are washed this way and that way in the ensuing floods and wind up in the same area as Caylee. It could have happened this way, couldn't it?

I have to agree with you. Just because LE collects it, doesn't mean that it is related to the case.

If KC was responsible for everything that was dumped on the south side of Suburban Drive she would have needed a U-Haul van to truck it all there.

I found a comment about a 'winnie the pooh balloon' in the doc release today 10-9-09 page 10 of the link:
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/1009/21250069.pdf

What significance do you think this balloon is? I find it really odd that there was a balloon found with the body. Did I read that right? It is with the body right?

mods feel free to move if you don't think this topic is worthy of it's own thread.

Casey bought it for her on that very last day? I wonder if JT noticed Casey or Caylee carrying a balloon from Walmart?

Maybe the balloon was from her first (or second) birthday party, and not something recently purchased. I have the helium balloons from both of my girls' birthdays (I know, I'm sentimental). Maybe Casey, in some type of rage was just choosing things to toss in the laundry bag (things that, for whatever reason, irritated her, or held a bad memory for her) along with Caylee. Maybe Grandma or Grandpa bought her the balloon, and it's already been stated that Casey resented what she pervceived as her mom trying to assume the "mother" role with Caylee.

There is a picture of the balloon in the pics of clothing.. down 7 rows and on the extreme right.. (and no, I don't know how to post it, nor does linking seem to work)

It shows a sleeping Winnie the Pooh.. maybe some sort of 'go to sleep Caylee' message, although that seems a little unlikely. I don't think KC actually did anything towards giving Caylee a 'funeral'.. more likely it was a discarded toy left in a garbage bag which was subsequently used to bag Caylee's remains. Or perhaps it was in the car and discarded at the same time.
In any event, it seems unlikely to me that it would have been in a blown up state.. too awkward, too hard to carry or conceal when one is rushing to dispose of an awkward, decomposing body and get over to the boyfriend. (sigh) I don't think it had any significance apart from being a piece of trash that was thrown away.

When I first read about so many pieces of plastic at the crime scene, I wondered if perhaps it had been a bag - maybe used to smother Caylee. (sorry, I know.) Then I saw the balloon and ruling out any sort of 'funeral presents for Caylee' I wondered why in the world it would be included in the bag.

What if 'the murderer' included the bag because he/she thought the balloon would be evidence? It was not inflated - could it have been used as a murder weapon, with the tape for added protection to silence Caylee?

This is not a well thought out theory - just something I'm throwing out there.

I thought the pieces of plastic were from another black garbage bag that had been ripped apart for whatever reason.

I guess I just find that a balloon is so random. Let's say Caylee died in bed or the pool or the trunk, how on earth would a balloon get in the bag with her.

Well I guess if the balloon was deflated it was discarded as trash...and there seemed to be a lot of trash around...hmmmmm I guess I am talking in circles! :)

The Winie the Pooh balloon is of interest to me. I was shocked that one had been found in the vicinity of the body. It is significant because it's the theme in Caylee's room, and there was also a Winnie the Pooh blanket. It is significant if it did come from the Anthony home, but what can it tell us I wonder.

When I first read about so many pieces of plastic at the crime scene, I wondered if perhaps it had been a bag - maybe used to smother Caylee. (sorry, I know.) Then I saw the balloon and ruling out any sort of 'funeral presents for Caylee' I wondered why in the world it would be included in the bag.

What if 'the murderer' included the bag because he/she thought the balloon would be evidence? It was not inflated - could it have been used as a murder weapon, with the tape for added protection to silence Caylee?

This is not a well thought out theory - just something I'm throwing out there.

It wouldn't have stayed inflated after all that time even if it had been inflated originally/at one time. The helium would leak out gradually over a couple of weeks. Do we have reason to believe it had never been inflated? Just wondering/thinking outloud.

I always wondered if they checked out everyone at the nursing home just in case a predator spotted Caylee when she was there, then followed and grabbed her later when KC was on the computer or phone or with a boyfriend, etc Now that makes me wonder about the syringe in the gatorade bottle again

Seagull, following your reasoning here and trying to make it jive with what Casey has sworn is true... The predator at the nursing home would have to be none other than the nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales! Right?

Gosh, you know, it's occurred to me. It's also occurred to me that it is an incredible INCREDIBLE coincidence that a little girl whose last known breathing moments were on Father's Day, whose room had more Pooh than Christopher Robin, would suddenly end up 1600 feet from her own back door with items which are representative of these two things. So once it occurred to me, I decided to go with reason.

My thought processes travelled the same route as yours, except I decided to go with "no matter who those balloons originally belonged to, or where they started out, the balloons ended up near Caylee because heavenly angels wanted to help incriminate little Caylee's murderous fiend of a mother." Call me a sentimental sap. LOL

Mysteriously, the pic has vanished along with all traces of it. I searched hi and lo to no avail. Cannot find it anywhere. Some people apparently saw it before it vanished as I also posted this in the Smoking Gun for the DP thread and they were talking about it. Don't know what to tell you other than that. They just went poof.

Just like mitzi, I'm not getting the link to work either, misheley.

seagull65: I agree with Theonly1 - most people in Nursing Homes can't leave either because they are on medication or they can't walk, but mainly because they don't have transportation. I honestly don't believe Caylee was in danger from anyone elderly.

I just saw this thread again all these months later and just cracked up when I saw you all had been telling me that none of the old people at the nursing home could have abducted Caylee because most of them don't have cars, etc !!! :rolling: You guys didn't really think I meant any of the residents of the nursing home?
I was just saying that when a child has gone missing, LE would usually investigate the people and places the child had been around before it happened, in case the wrong person at one of these places saw and targeted the child. If I were LE I would have looked into KW more, too, no accusation toward the guy but just as a matter of routine investigation, I mean come on, he was seen in and out of the woods on Suburban with a shovel. As posted here, what a shame that didn't pique LE's interest enough to make them look in the woods back then in Aug/Oct. Anyway, about the balloons, although that area was a dump site for a lot of trash, the fact that the one balloon featured Winnie the Pooh and the other (reportedly) was a father's day balloon is still interesting. Wonder what the story was with the father's day one, did the officer see that one, did he take it in with the bag of toys KW reportedly found, or what. If the officer didn't see the balloon but KW was talking about a balloon, then that's interesting. Where was the other balloon, could it actually have been the Pooh balloon that KW was talking about? Why would he refer to it as a father's day balloon? etc I'm going to have to read the old documents again now.

Seagull, following your reasoning here and trying to make it jive with what Casey has sworn is true... The predator at the nursing home would have to be none other than the nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales! Right?

:rolling:
Some possible reasons for the Zanny story of course:
(a) it's true, someone named Zanny took the child, or Casey thought she did.
(b) Casey up and murdered her child one day, because she so wanted to go cook for TL and his roommates and watch guy movies with them, then 2.6 days later she dumped the body by her own home and just stayed in Orlando, then made up the Zanny story for police.
(c) Casey gave that name rather than rat out a boyfriend or friend who had harmed Caylee, or who she thought had harmed Caylee.
(d) When Caylee first went missing, Casey thought her family had taken Caylee from her or that some friend or associate had. As she gradually realized her family and other people didn't have Caylee, it got harder and harder to tell her parents (or she didn't realize until quite near the end that no one had Caylee. The increased use of marijuana at TL's place didn't help her understanding of the situation.) When finally confronted she told LE Zanny had taken Caylee to cover for the time she had failed to report.
(e) Casey is delusional and a compulsive liar and her stories are completely irrelevant to what happened to Caylee.

I'm still not sure! Trust me, I'm not ruling out (b).

Oh, I forgot, (f) Zanny is a resident of the nursing home. Some of the 90 year old guys think she's a "10". ;)

In CA's depo page 337 the SA questions her about a red ribbon CA removed from KC's trunk. Could this have been attached to WTP balloon?

Seagull

I'm having a problem visualizing why a chimo would be staking out a nursing home. It's usually the worst place to look for little kids. I'd think a playground would be a better m.o., imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname