Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the new Orange County SA launches a criminal investigation into the possibility of money laundering/fraud.

Silly me. It has always been my understanding an IRS bill cannot be bankrupted on. Learn something new everyday. :banghead:

Yes, I was shocked too! I always heard the IRS was unrelenting in collecting monies owed. I would much rather take a cruise this year than pay my taxes; it hardly seems worth the trouble to pay your share, when you can just ignore their demands, hide your money in a 'charitable fund' and walk away from all your obligations, does it?

Now this chaps my ......! I spent a few years paying back my students loans for my college education. This <modsnip>, IMO, murdered her child, gets away with it, knows from the beginning of this case, when she was arrested, that she didn't have 2 wooden nickels to her name, yet is able to retain top tier representation (and I use those terms very loosely, which she could never dream of doing if she worked a regular job, owes the IRS, her lawyers, and various LE agencies, knows that she is being sued by Zenaida Gonzales, TX Equusearch and Roy Kronk and can just decide "Oh.....I need a fresh start, this will be good for me, so I'll file for bankruptcy protection!" I am not a very patient person and can I just say that I can't wait for KARMA to get her and get her good???!

At the very least, why isn't the IRS coming after her? You read about wealthier people going to jail all the time for this.

Her arrogance and sense of entitlement is disgusting and I really hope that wherever she is that she is ridiculed, heckled, humiliated, harassed and fears for her life every second that she is alive.

She probably gave Adam Long her "exclusive" thinking she could get a free dinner and a date for it. No wonder I never watch CBS.

What does Casey have to offer? We live in a time where every kind of "celebrity" is revered. Doesn't matter how you come by that celebrity. We don't hold with much in the way of morals and values in our culture anymore.

To be in a photo op with Casey Anthony, to be part of her "circle" means that people pay attention to YOU too...that YOUR name is in the media...that your law firm or network gets a countless dollars worth of free publicity. Casey, may be a baby-killer, but she has celebrity stardust to sprinkle around those that get close.

If she leads a charmed life, now and in the future, it is because we live in a culture that admires the "ladies" on Jersey Shore so much that we pay them millions to watch their antics and Casey's lifestyle wasn't any grubbier than that. Caylee, well, a jury found her not guilty.

We live in a culture where juries factor in what verdict works best FOR THEM. And we live in a culture where lying is a political and social norm. "Everyone lies, everyone dies." Yup, Casey, you are the spokeswoman for Our Times.

:goodpost::goodpost:

These are great points ! Very well said ! And I totally agree !

:seeya:

Local ABC Philly news just had the bankruptcy news...ironically followed by a story about PSU settling civil suits regarding Sandusky. Sigh.

Originally Posted by Frigga
CBS is testing the waters.
I will be giving them my clear response!

CBS 5 GENERAL MANAGER - accepts viewer concerns and suggestions - cbs5gm@cbs5az.com

CBS 5
4016 N. Black Canyon Hwy.
Phoenix, AZ 85017
Phone 602.264.1000

KPHO-TV ("CBS 5"), the CBS affiliate television station in Phoenix, Arizona

Parent company, Owned By
Meredith Corporation

1716 Locust St
Des Moines, IA 50309
phone - 515.284.3000

CEO, Chair - Steve Lacy
http://www.meredith.com

Meredith is the leading media and marketing company inspiring 100 million women at every life stage.
Des Moines/New York · http://meredith.com

Media Inquiries only
Corporate

Art Slusark, 515/284-3404
EMAIL art.slusark@meredith.com
Broadcasting

Lauren Burt, 515/284-3125
EMAIL lauren.burt@meredith.com

Thankyou. I emailed Adam Longo yesterday ( no response) to complain about his obvious glee at getting an interview with Casey and my dismay at his posting photos of this felon grinning and gloating.
The tone of his article makes it clear he feels he got a tremendous scoop and something worthy of praise. The way I see it she should be glad she's not on death row, and should not be rubbing our noses in it with his help...
I will work my way up the corporate structure with more emails. Enough
complaints and they will at least get the idea that Casey may be ready for closure, but we who want justice for her victim are not.

In each case, there are some of the same abbreviations. In this case, there were abbreviations allowed, kind of, on an ongoing basis. We had to get approval for most as the "different characters" appeared. So, you would have had to follow most of this case to get the specific abbreviations. But, everyone here is so kind, as you have asked, they have been provided. When I started following the Jodi Arias case, I was a little confused at first. You will find if you stick around long enough, it becomes second nature.

DT, PA, SD, etc. do not refer to names; they are not unique to any particular case. They are generic for every case as far as I know. For example:
DT = defense team
PA = prosecuting attorney
SD = self defense
PD = public defender
Yet these do not appear in the FAQ or the Websleuth's Lingo List

Just my opinion, but having to ask for an explanation every time one come across a new acronym is tedious and tiresome - both for the asker and for the other readers. An acronym reference is so late in coming on this site.

Again, just my opinion, but saying that new readers should "stick around long enough" to understand the discussion is really unkind and unreasonable. Newbies should be able to understand the conversation right away after referencing the FAQ.

Lastly, and my strongest opinion of all, forums are made for communication. Acronyms are one of the greatest - if not the greatest - impediment to good communication.

I hope someone in charge will consider/reconsider.

Funny, but I don't remember my attorney and his staff getting together to hold up a "Team LambChop" sign for a photo shoot when I closed on my house. Maybe someone should put this picture before the judge to consider. What law firm does that????? One that expects their client is a future BIG OLE money maker. If she can put in her claim who she perceives as future potential debt judgments against her why can't the judge consider her future money making possibilities. Past offers of millions of dollars she has turned down should be considered. One was just for an interview. She has no income yet lives lavishly, travels around moving from place to place. That takes money. She certainly is not homeless with that bling on her hand. jmo

last night I was livid. This morning I'm amused. She is their problem. Say she makes a million off an interview. How much goes to her keepers, how much to those who have kissed her tushy all this time in hopes of a payout? A million won't go far and should one of her enablers try to oust her and make her a legit adult with a job and her own place she will show fisties the likes we've never seen. They created this mess, she is their's now and will be forever. She is a leech and leeches go from one host to another sucking them dry.

Karma?

I predict that in a year or two we will see a Casey reality show. Sex, conflict (yes, Cindy and George will have a big payday too) and a main character the audience loves to hate. The Gotti daughter got a show based on her Mafioso Daddy who certainly had murder on his hands. No problemo.

Audiences would enjoy watching Casey's bedhopping as much as J-Wow and Snookie. Will Cindy andGeorge divorce....this could replace the angst over Mama Kardasian and Bruce Jenner.

I am perfectly serious here. Watch a little reality TV this week and tell me why not?

Baby Caylee, struggling to breathe, tape over her tiny mouth, already entombed alive in a car trunk...has become the Cash Cow the Anthonys prayed for...as they struggled with debt and their morally depraved, truth-deprived daughter.

And they shall live happily ever after.

FCA is on the MSN Homepage this morning :

Casey Anthony files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Florida

By Gil Aegerter, Staff Writer, NBC News

Casey Anthony has filed for bankruptcy protection in Orlando, Fla.

Anthony owes about $792,000 -- most of it to her defense attorney, according to a Chapter 7 petition filed Friday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, The Associated Press reported

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...iles-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy-in-florida?lite

:banghead:

Karma?

I predict that in a year or two we will see a Casey reality show. Sex, conflict (yes, Cindy and George will have a big payday too) and a main character the audience loves to hate. The Gotti daughter got a show based on her Mafioso Daddy who certainly had murder on his hands. No problemo.

Audiences would enjoy watching Casey's bedhopping as much as J-Wow and Snookie. Will Cindy andGeorge divorce....this could replace the angst over Mama Kardasian and Bruce Jenner.

I am perfectly serious here. Watch a little reality TV this week and tell me why not?

Baby Caylee, struggling to breathe, tape over her tiny mouth, already entombed alive in a car trunk...has become the Cash Cow the Anthonys prayed for...as they struggled with debt and their morally depraved, truth-deprived daughter.

And they shall live happily ever after.

:seeya:

BBM: OMG I hope NOT ... but I would NOT be surprised IF this were to happen ... Ya can't get much lower than what is on the tube's reality shows now :waitasec: well, yes ya can ...

I just have NEVER -- EVER -- seen anyone get away with so much ... And she has NEVER -- and NEVER WILL BE held accountable for anything she has ever done !

Un-freakin-believable ...

:banghead:

Thanks for the CBS link, ThinkTank; I just sent them an email, dripping with disgust.

Can't say the bankruptcy filing was a big surprise surprise; just her sleazy lawyers doing what they do best. No doubt Morgan and Morgan were expecting it.

To the bankruptcy I say: Money Laundering Money Laundering Money Laundering!

As for that photo; well, I wish I hadn't looked. Barf-o-Rama. Pukoid City. Hurl-to-the-Max. Man, that is just disgusting. Are those pod people in that shot with her, or real humans? Shame on them. Talk about having friends in low places....

But, really, weren't we waiting for FCA to do something for attention? Jodi Arias is getting waaaaaay too much television and newspaper coverage! Man oh man...obvious much?

Casey Anthony may feel she is riding high now, but I see an "OJ Simpson" comin' at her. When her use-by date finally expires, and her "supporters" finally tire of her, I see her ending up just where he ended up...on the receiving end of a judge who will cut her no slack whatsoever. Back to the slammer for you, missy!

:jail:

Thankyou. I emailed Adam Longo yesterday ( no response) to complain about his obvious glee at getting an interview with Casey and my dismay at his posting photos of this felon grinning and gloating.
The tone of his article makes it clear he feels he got a tremendous scoop and something worthy of praise. The way I see it she should be glad she's not on death row, and should not be rubbing our noses in it with his help...
complaints and they will at least get the idea that Casey may be ready for closure, but we who want justice for her victim are not.

And he's the father of a brand new baby girl. :banghead:

Just in case the felonies were overturned. I assume that the bulk of her debts and potential debts would have dissipated if her convictions were overturned.

It is disingenuous for her atty's to say that the two events are unrelated. JMVHO.

I also think that there ARE people following the money trail. This is a lot of money to be able to walk away from. This is just the first shot-like alluded to, they are throwing everyone into the filing. The key will be what happens when this gets in front of a judge.

And like beach and ThinkTank pointed out, the ones who ARENT listed might be the most interesting at the end of the day.

One question for our experts-

Why didnt the IRS pursue her for the 68K in the last few years? I mean, why wasnt she in tax court pleading her case? Was a judgement issued against her already for the money?

Good question. If it had been me, I would not even have a bed to sleep on.

Shortly after Casey's trial, I remember reading that she was taking online courses and was interested in becoming a paralegal. I don't see any educational institutions listed or even a hint or whisper that she is/was a student. Hmm. Wonder what happened to that?! (LOL!)

You guys need to read his Face book page, This is NOT going well for him!! :floorlaugh::great:

You guys need to read his Face book page, This is NOT going well for him!! :floorlaugh::great:

Oh, let me run over there and look.

Edited to add: Nope, not going well for him at all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members