Barbara Walters and Anna

Dr. Doogie

Reaction score
With the passing of Barbara Walters, I can finally post about one of the weirdest subjects of investigation in the search for Anna.

Time has robbed my memory of exactly how and why this occurred, but at one point we briefly looked into the possibility of Barbara Walters' adopted daughter Jacqueline Dena Gruber was Anna. JDG is the right age and had a passing resemblance to Anna. However, as I recall, she was adopted prior to Anna's disappearance so that automatically ruled her out. Thankfully, we were able to rule her out before the theory went public since it would have severely harmed our reputation and believability if we were to falsely accuse a respected journalist of being a kidnapper.

jacqueline-guber.jpg

imho -- an allegation would only be that Respected Journalist dealt with a disreputable baby broker.

Great image of the two together, and yes a resemblance to ACWs.

Thanks so much for sharing!

@Dr. Doogie, with DNA solving cases and seemingly in the media almost every day, has any progress been made with Anna’s case through using DNA?
I believe that Anna's brothers (genetically "half" brothers) both have their DNA uploaded to the common websites so if Anna or her offspring were to upload a sample, a match would be made.

imho -- an allegation would only be that Respected Journalist dealt with a disreputable baby broker.

Great image of the two together, and yes a resemblance to ACWs.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Sadly many baby brokers operating in that era were sketchy - was a time when pregnancy was a hush-hush topic let alone paternity. Just weren't allowed to talk about such things back then. as a case worker myself dealing with the " Stolen Generation-" records are sealed - or incomplete .. sadly this happens more than a Government saying " sorry " can heal or find peace to those who were lost and those who were "hidden" sadly it still an issue today as it was back then. :(

I believe that Anna's brothers (genetically "half" brothers) both have their DNA uploaded to the common websites so if Anna or her offspring were to upload a sample, a match would be made.
Hey Dr Doogie - yeah, years ago we put our DNA into the police system, and this past Jan 16th (50 years after the abduction) I signed up for 23 and me - that was the ap that had found some people

Hey Dr Doogie - yeah, years ago we put our DNA into the police system, and this past Jan 16th (50 years after the abduction) I signed up for 23 and me - that was the ap that had found some people
i would also suggest you get your dna into ancestry.com if its not already there they have a larger database of people i pray this is the year answers come and anna comes home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back