Batman goes Bale-istic with profane tirade on crew

Bale is probably fortunate he is never around anyone but Hollywood sychophants when indulging in this kind of behavior.
I dont think he would get very far anywhere else with it.
It also probably fortunate for him he doesnt have to work or exist in the real world if he has such a meltdown because of a percieved obstacle to 'getting in to his scene'.
I found it disturbing because frankly he sounded exactly like several different mental patients ive dealt with about two seconds before they were taken down and given a thorazine injection for their own safety.
All in all a pretty pathetic and embarasing display for an adult man.

And has someone who has worked in the arts, I'm afraid to tell you, but screaming isn't all that uncommon (and often when there is far less at stake). We ask actors to be "honest, open, 'real' and vulnerable." We can't be too surprised if they aren't always careful, considerate and restrained at the same time.

My son-in-law is a producer/director, and my daughter told me today that the only difference between Christian Bale and any other actor is he got recorded. That said, it's still wrong, and I'm not surprised actors "act out," but I'm very disappointed in them.:nono:

I completely accept Bale's apology, though, because I'm easy that way.

My son-in-law is a producer/director, and my daughter told me today that the only difference between Christian Bale and any other actor is he got recorded. That said, it's still wrong, and I'm not surprised actors "act out," but I'm very disappointed in them.:nono:

I completely accept Bale's apology, though, because I'm easy that way.

Glad your daughter confirmed my experience. Over the weekend I met a writer who worked on one of my favorite shows in the 70s; his recollections of the working environment made Bale's tantrum seem mild.

There are various reasons for this. People don't go into show biz because they crave stability and like to obey rules. As I intimated above, actors are prized precisely because they wear their feelings on their sleeves. Nobody really knows why one movie is successful and another good film is not, so those who achieve success appear to have "magic powers" (in a way) and a great deal of unusual behavior from them is tolerated.

I have a lot of actor friends and, while most of them are very, very nice and lots of fun, it's a strange profession. In addition to the countless disappointments, actors have to constantly "sell themselves" -- much like prostitutes. (The equation I'm making here is psychological, not moral.) Some compensate by taking their craft extremely seriously, perhaps too much so. 'Cause it's the only thing that separates them from *advertiser censored*.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back