BC...How much longer can he hold out

I'v always felt since the investigation started that many of the Lawyers in a court house gossip about each other as I have witnessed in my past being an ex fiance of Cicago Sgt. police detective. People talk and it is as simple as that. I have a feeling MN who quit working for the A's because of the many reasons we have disussed here, warned BC about the A's and there lack of being "Forthright"(a word used by LA at depos when refering to KC less than honest answers.) so BC did have an accurate account of the A's version of this case when he decided to take on the case. What I feel I have witnesed especially at the depos is a man that chooses!!! to let the A's ramble on inappropriatly and chose to let them bury themselves as he just sat their. BC is an intelligent man and has determination shown by his recovery after spinalcord injury. So why would a man of this chacter sit so passively watching as morgan & morgan told her they would apply sactions if she didn't follow under oath rules. BC is not stupid and and could only reply by saying, "Can we take a break?" For some reason I feel BC is there for ornament purposes in the A's mind but in reality is letting the A's bury themselves realizing he can't change the direction the A's have chosen. I just don't see at this time that he has had any influence on them. It will be interesting to see if BC will remain the A's council as time goes by. The only other reason I can think of that would make a lwayer so passive as your client starts to become antagonistic, is may have smoked a doobie for his everday spinalcord pain. Isn't BC trying to get pot medicaklly legalized? Thanks all for the listen.
------------------------------------------
Kagey Karen,your last sentences are funny.:) maybe he figures they aren't listeniing to anyone so if there is a fee to be collected (I think there is) why not him :clap:Now lets see if his wait is in vain..

Slightly OT...sorry, but while watching JVM tonite one of the panelist said that she believed that KC has hired the three stooges as defense attorneys!!!!! That NO credible defense attorney would let their clients keep talking on TV before the trial, and that as far as JB's little preview tonite on WESH TV that he was a fool to talk about his defense strategy on TV.

I saw that too on JVM, that was Judge Karen, she really tells it like it is. JVM was really good tonight...all the questions from viewers were great too. But did you hear Janie W. blathering?...Get her off the screen, I just want to scream at her. :furious:

These people have been going through hell on earth since they realized their grandaughter was gone. Whether they denied it to everyone else or not, that's what I see that they've been trying to live through. I, for one, have more empathy for them than most only because I tried to put myself in their shoes today and found that I could not turn my back on my child accused of this heinous crime. They cannot. She's their child. They want to know what happened. They shall - in court. I'm pretty sure they are not even ready for the truth but once all is said and done and the jury has made a decision, they will have to deal with it either way.

If she (KC) walked out of that jail and went home tomorrow, her parents still have to deal with their daughter - every day. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If she is convicted and sentenced to the DP, they have to deal with that also - waiting for that fateful day. I wouldn't wish that on anyone either.

To top it all off, they will miss that precious baby - every day for the rest of their lives.

I believe BC is a compassionate person that recognizes this and knows they need him irregardless of their past behaviour.

Baznme... I respect your opinion and I have tremendous compassion and empathy for the Anthonys for many of the reasons you stated. I cannot fathom enduring the nightmare their daughter has caused them (IMO). Nobody should have to be in their position and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

I do NOT have any respect for them, however. Others have said it much more eloquently than I can, but had they originally stood before the media and simply stated they didn't know what happened but they loved their daughter and would stand behind and support her no matter what and then kept their mouth shut from that point forward, they would have garnered their due sympathy. But instead they've obstructed, covered up, lied, been combative to searchers, LE and others trying to help... well, I don't need to list everything they've done to disrupt the investigation - it's well documented.

They, and they alone, are responsible for the negative feelings from the the media, the public and law enforcement. They've brought it on themselves. It could have played out so differently - as far as public perception goes - if they just kept their mouths shut. They need to learn two words - 'no comment'.

Slightly OT...sorry, but while watching JVM tonite one of the panelist said that she believed that KC has hired the three stooges as defense attorneys!!!!! That NO credible defense attorney would let their clients keep talking on TV before the trial, and that as far as JB's little preview tonite on WESH TV that he was a fool to talk about his defense strategy on TV.

I heard that, The Three Stooges. Except JB has more than two other Stooges working with him. Or is KC Moe, the one who slaps around those who don't agree with her, thereby making JB Curly or Larry or even Shemp?

Baznme... I respect your opinion and I have tremendous compassion and empathy for the Anthonys for many of the reasons you stated. I cannot fathom enduring the nightmare their daughter has caused them (IMO). Nobody should have to be in their position and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

I do NOT have any respect for them, however. Others have said it much more eloquently than I can, but had they originally stood before the media and simply stated they didn't know what happened but they loved their daughter and would stand behind and support her no matter what and then kept their mouth shut from that point forward, they would have garnered their due sympathy. But instead they've obstructed, covered up, lied, been combative to searchers, LE and others trying to help... well, I don't need to list everything they've done to disrupt the investigation - it's well documented.

They, and they alone, are responsible for the negative feelings from the the media, the public and law enforcement. They've brought it on themselves. It could have played out so differently - as far as public perception goes - if they just kept their mouths shut. They need to learn two words - 'no comment'.

So very true, and if they had also expressed the need of justice for Caylee and put her first above all else, they would have had an enormous amount of public support.

They only have themselves to blame for the poor, even sometimes hostile, reception they are now receiving. Quiet and solitude would have served them well.

So very true, and if they had also expressed the need of justice for Caylee and put her first above all else, they would have had an enormous amount of public support.

They only have themselves to blame for the poor, even sometimes hostile, reception they are now receiving. Quiet and solitude would have served them well.

Exactly! I don't begrudge them defending their daughter (just the way they go about it). But NOT at the expense of their own granddaughter. Admittedly, it's a difficulty and delicate balancing act. One they're obviously not capable of, IMO.

He started out very good. But over time, Cindy has once again asserted herself and it appears he is expected to follow along or lose the clients. That's not entirely bad because it adds to the likliehood that Casey will be convicted.

Isn't BC trying to get pot medicaklly legalized? Thanks all for the listen.

Hang on just a second. This particular issue is not one to beat BC up about, if in fact it is true. There's more to this issue than you apparently understand. Being the aunt of a quadriplegic, like BC, I have come to understand that marijuana is an extremely important treatment for both paraplegics and quadriplegics. The top reason paralyzed people die young is because of kidney failure due to repetitive kidney infections that are caused by hyperextension and tearing of the bladder wall because they cannot tell when their bladders are full. Marijuana is PROVEN to be one of the most effective treatments for relaxing the bladder wall and allowing it to evacuate earlier and therefore prevent the tearing and subsequent infections that can occur.

Unfortunately, in most states, it is illegal even on a prescription basis. That's why I haven't got to kiss my sweet nephew in almost 3 years...because he and his wife moved to California where he could get OFF the valium and pain-killers that were his only option here, and a live a more natural life by being able to get a prescription that helps him.

So let's make sure we understand the full story behind "movements" some one might back before we bash them based on a popular view. I've got a feeling BC has a pretty vested interest in this particular issue. And him "smoking a doobie" doesn't make his brains fall out of his head. The Anthony prattle-machine might, but that doesn't.

I agree with your opinion also but their toughest days are ahead of them. I will work to remind myself of that.

I hope he stays on only because the A's need representation and they need some consistency in their lives right now.

I hope he stays on only because the A's need representation and they need some consistency in their lives right now.

And I want to say I agree. I'm not as hostile toward BC as everyone else seems to be. I will confess I was endeared to him immediately and it is most likely because of what I know he has had to overcome in order to achieve what he has achieved. Unless you have a quadriplegic in your life...you really don't understand. Just the trip to New York would have been an extremely challenging and exhausting event for BC.

I think he is kind-spoken. I think he is serving mainly in a damage-control PR position. I do not believe there is a lawyer on the face of the earth that can shut Cindy's pie-hole and therefore I don't believe BC should be beat up for being just another one that can't. There is no telling how much more out of control she would be right now if he wasn't part of their lives. I do believe he causes a calming effect, and I think he achieves it by stroking Cindy's ego and supporting her penchant for playing the victim. Whatever it takes...go for it, BC. And if he gets medical marijuana legalized, I truly believe he needs to get her on it with him. lol

Chill, Cindy, chill.

And I want to say I agree. I'm not as hostile toward BC as everyone else seems to be. I will confess I was endeared to him immediately and it is most likely because of what I know he has had to overcome in order to achieve what he has achieved. Unless you have a quadriplegic in your life...you really don't understand. Just the trip to New York would have been an extremely challenging and exhausting event for BC.

I think he is kind-spoken. I think he is serving mainly in a damage-control PR position. I do not believe there is a lawyer on the face of the earth that can shut Cindy's pie-hole and therefore I don't believe BC should be beat up for being just another one that can't. There is no telling how much more out of control she would be right now if he wasn't part of their lives. I do believe he causes a calming effect, and I think he achieves it by stroking Cindy's ego and supporting her penchant for playing the victim. Whatever it takes...go for it, BC. And if he gets medical marijuana legalized, I truly believe he needs to get her on it with him. lol

Chill, Cindy, chill.

Very well said. He do believe he is in fact a PR/ calming person and you are right, there is no lawyer on this earth that would shut CA up. With that said, I just wonder how much he is willing to endure and at what price?
Certainly traveling is challenging for him.

Hang on just a second. This particular issue is not one to beat BC up about, if in fact it is true. There's more to this issue than you apparently understand. Being the aunt of a quadriplegic, like BC, I have come to understand that marijuana is an extremely important treatment for both paraplegics and quadriplegics. The top reason paralyzed people die young is because of kidney failure due to repetitive kidney infections that are caused by hyperextension and tearing of the bladder wall because they cannot tell when their bladders are full. Marijuana is PROVEN to be one of the most effective treatments for relaxing the bladder wall and allowing it to evacuate earlier and therefore prevent the tearing and subsequent infections that can occur.

Unfortunately, in most states, it is illegal even on a prescription basis. That's why I haven't got to kiss my sweet nephew in almost 3 years...because he and his wife moved to California where he could get OFF the valium and pain-killers that were his only option here, and a live a more natural life by being able to get a prescription that helps him.

So let's make sure we understand the full story behind "movements" some one might back before we bash them based on a popular view. I've got a feeling BC has a pretty vested interest in this particular issue. And him "smoking a doobie" doesn't make his brains fall out of his head. The Anthony prattle-machine might, but that doesn't.

Maybe he could pass one to CA. Might calm her down.
My oldest had cancer and he smoked pot 30 mins fore he ate and it helped to keep food down---during chemo treatments.

I was not beating up BC over his possible use of medical marijuana. The posters that know me here will tell you I have a pro attitude of using marijuana when the pain of spinalcord injury especially for Quads is unbearable. I have just retired from working with quadrapeligics for 14 yrs. at our Seattle Spinalcord unit. I hope you can now understand I was just observing his pacivety while representing the A's. I also have commented on the legalization of medical marijuana and it's benifits in the thread discussing how the revenue from the sale of pot couledd help communties out financially. If you knew me you would understand my deep compasion for the men and women left with dealing with this form of disability. Mahalo

Thank you for taking the time to explain that! As you can see I'm very passionate about this matter! (But then again, it hits close to home. :D)

Just a question...isn't Conway a paraplegic, not a qualriplegic?

Just a question...isn't Conway a paraplegic, not a qualriplegic?

No, he's a quadriplegic. He's almost the exact same as my nephew. My guess is his injury is in the C5 to C7 region. His paralysis line is probably right about his nipple line. That means he can move his shoulders (that's why you are thinking he's a paraplegic), but he can't move is lower arms or hands. If you go back and watch videos you'll see that all manipulation with his arms and hands is done with his shoulders - his hands are just masses he uses by moving his shoulders.

A lot of quadriplegics are the same as this and choose not to use their shoulders and just keep their arms still on their chairs. That's why people tend to misunderstand a quadriplegic who actually uses their shoulders for arm movements.

God bless you and your nephew! In this respect I am very proud to be a Californian. I understand EXACTLY what you're talking about and I totally agree with you. I hope you get to see your nephew soon!

i've been out of the loop for a while so can somebody fill me in? what happened to brad conway? how did he get injured? thanks in advance....

i've been out of the loop for a while so can somebody fill me in? what happened to brad conway? how did he get injured? thanks in advance....

RN, if that has been stated some where I have never seen it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back