"BC is innocent" or "I'm not convinced yet" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All-I've been lurking a long time and wanted to be part of things now.

Does anyone else find it hard to understand how NC and BC could be in hate mode, arguing all day, on the brink of divorce-yet they are going to a barbecue together on Friday nite and planning on having people over for games on Saturday nite? I can't get a grip on that type of relationship.
Welcome, Piedmont!

Before the "hate mode" I think they had agreed to try and get along while sharing the house. I think they may have been doing a fairly decent job of it until NC returned from Hilton Head. These plans may have been made before that for the sake of the girls and some peace.

Does anyone else find it hard to understand how NC and BC could be in hate mode, arguing all day, on the brink of divorce-yet they are going to a barbecue together on Friday nite and planning on having people over for games on Saturday nite? I can't get a grip on that type of relationship.

Hi, Piedmont!
:Welcome-12-june:

I don't find it that unusual because a) he could have gone to the bbq just to keep tabs on her and the games playing could have been planned a while back and b) a lot of couples who are known to constantly fight/disagree still do things together and c) they might have wanted to keep appearances up.

Those reasons all make sense. Maybe it wasn't so weird. I can understand NC wanting to socialize since she seemed to be very social-needing and enjoying people. Maybe BC went along so he wouldn't look like a jerk?

Seems like it would be very awkward for the other couples to be around them. And do you think he was aware of NC telling everything to all her friends and making him look really bad? He had to know she was a talker-maybe he just thot "let them all think whatever they want?"

Those reasons all make sense. Maybe it wasn't so weird. I can understand NC wanting to socialize since she seemed to be very social-needing and enjoying people. Maybe BC went along so he wouldn't look like a jerk?

Seems like it would be very awkward for the other couples to be around them. And do you think he was aware of NC telling everything to all her friends and making him look really bad? He had to know she was a talker-maybe he just thot "let them all think whatever they want?"

He would have liked to have thought that way, but a lot of people on the board think the actual conversation that very night is what sent him over the edge, so following that line of thinking, he was very sensitive to what people thought...

Welcome Piedmont!

Yes I found the mention of Sat. night plans to be strange since they were back in 'hate' mode, per what Nancy told at least one person.

He would have liked to have thought that way, but a lot of people on the board think the actual conversation that very night is what sent him over the edge, so following that line of thinking, he was very sensitive to what people thought...
And to add to that, if you've been reading for a while, you may remember how it wasn't too long ago that NC had found out about the affair. It was mentioned in one of the affidavits that he was hesitant to visit with one of their couple friends because he knew they knew about the affair. He felt uncomfortable. I think a lot of Brad making an effort to socialize was to help his chances in the impending divorce/custody; showing he was making an effort to be an involved father/husband. He had made this change for the better up until the "hate mode" happened, which was the week after NC came home from HH and before she was killed.

Welcome Piedmont!

Yes I found the mention of Sat. night plans to be strange since they were back in 'hate' mode, per what Nancy told at least one person.
I sure wish Hiller's wife could confirm some of the info in his affidavit! We'd know more about the plans for Sat. night.

yeah - I'm calling BS on the Saturday night entertaining / game playing. going to someone else's event is one thing - you can go - each talk to different people, mingle, etc and it would not look strange, even if one person went home earlier - esp at a neighborhood event. So - the BBQ seems logical even - as it was N's way to be social, and B went to make sure he wasn't painted as a complete creep. he also probably had some friends and wanted to put in an appearance - if for nothing more than equal time to counter any damaging things that N was saying about him - much easier to think someone is a total creep if they stop participating in the neighborhood.

BUT - and this is a big but - having people over, playing host and hostess, at a more intimate event where you are "teaming" and eating and being 2 couples? No way. Saturday night game night is way too "cutesy" for what was going on in that marriage.

Right. And other than what MH is saying, there is no other corroboration of these Sat night game plans that we have seen yet. It makes me wonder if these plans actually existed or were manufactured.

I sure wish Hiller's wife could confirm some of the info in his affidavit! We'd know more about the plans for Sat. night.

Yes, that would be helpful. Hopefully K&B will see your suggestion and get right on it! :wink:

For my own feelings I witnessed an appalling "rush to judgement", by the press, police, DA and local individuals over the "Duke Rape Case".

Shadow,

Fortunately in this county, with our DA, there will never be a 'Duke Lacrosse' rush-to-judgment situation in this or any other Wake County case. In fact, you could say the exact opposite--that this DA is more careful, more methodical, and more reticent to prosecuting a case unless/until *he feels confident* he can win a case...not just enough to prosecute it, but actually WIN it. And that means he seems to require a greater amount of evidence, more together, tightly woven, every last avenue explored, all tests done, etc, etc. Other jurisdictions in this and in other states will often take a case to trial faster or before everything is 'in.' Not Colin Wiloughby. He'll wait and wait and wait and then wait some more. And if he doesn't think he can successfully prosecute a case then he will not make a move on it.

Everyone who is fearful that any perp/suspect/POI is going to be railroaded and 'rushed' to judgment in Wake County can rest assured that there will be no rushing of any kind.

I just am surprised that Brad has not been named a person of interest. It baffles me actually.
The Wake County DA will not allow it. And the PD won't make such a statement without the DA's permission to do so.

I guess the Hillers live behind the Coopers' house, IIRC. I noticed MH's wife was not one of the friends who did an affidavit. Did MH do an affidavit before just recently?

Also, what has struck me for awhile is if NC got home around midnite and wasn't happy and feeling well-getting up just a few hours later with very little sleep and dealing with a child problem and a spouse in hate mode-just that and the lack of sleep for both of them could have caused things to get ugly quickly. Maybe she announced at that point that she'd be painting later in the morning and he could forget his tennis plans. Who Knows? Just seems the lack of sleep could be a factor in all this.

I guess the Hillers live behind the Coopers' house, IIRC. I noticed MH's wife was not one of the friends who did an affidavit. Did MH do an affidavit before just recently?

Also, what has struck me for awhile is if NC got home around midnite and wasn't happy and feeling well-getting up just a few hours later with very little sleep and dealing with a child problem and a spouse in hate mode-just that and the lack of sleep for both of them could have caused things to get ugly quickly. Maybe she announced at that point that she'd be painting later in the morning and he could forget his tennis plans. Who Knows? Just seems the lack of sleep could be a factor in all this.

...not to mention was she in ANY kind of condition to go for a run!:confused:

Did MH do an affidavit before just recently?

Piedmont, yes MH did an original affidavit with the others who submitted ones for BC in July. This 2nd one was called a 'rebuttal affidavit' and was signed and filed on 9/29.

Yes, MH did one back dated on July 24th. This latest one is amended, which we have noticed now speaks about the tennis plans. His original didn't mention tennis at all.

We are wondering why MH wife has not done one. Either she knows nothing or knows too much and not willing to put it on paper. At this point it is anyone's guess.

I still wonder why BC wore long sleeves (including a jacket at times) the entire week NC was missing, found and identified. Now he's in short sleeves the 4x I have seen him as well as when Amanda Lamb went to his door, short sleeves. The only other time he has been in long sleeves is the courthouse, or his attorneys.

Long sleeves, mid July, hot humid North Carolina, who has proven he wears short sleeves I have seen myself...hmmm jacket worn during search, but in shorts not long pants, claims bugs are biting...I guess they only bite arms and not legs..ya right!

Oh that's right, Det Daniels must have lied about the marks he saw on BC neck.

I agree with you Mom, it is odd. I wonder if LE would have also noticed this and asked to see his arms. Would they have been able to ask to see his arms without a SW? I think that this is odd, particularly because of the red marks on the neck that had been observed by LE. Hard to ignore this.

So that I am staying on topic I accept that there may be alternative views of this, but, if so, they are hard for me to see.

I agree with you Mom, it is odd. I wonder if LE would have also noticed this and asked to see his arms. Would they have been able to do ask to see his arms without a SW? I think that this is odd, particularly because of the red marks on the neck that had been observed by LE. Hard to ignore this.

So that I am staying on topic I accept that there may be alternative views of this, but, if so, they are hard for me to see.
My thoughts, too. I wonder if at any point during those early days if he was asked to take his shirt off.

My thoughts, too. I wonder if at any point during those early days if he was asked to take his shirt off.
I thought someone a while back stated when they went to SH home for the blood sample, DNA, saliva...they could ask for him to remove his shirt. I have absolutely NO idea if this is correct or not.

JA Young affidavit does state scratches noted on July 12th, and the Judge signed it, so could it be part of the SW? I don't know.

I do know #1 of the search warrant are PHOTO'S OF BRAD COOPER.

I thought someone a while back stated when they went to SH home for the blood sample, DNA, saliva...they could ask for him to remove his shirt. I have absolutely NO idea if this is correct or not.

JA Young affidavit does state scratches noted on July 12th, and the Judge signed it, so could it be part of the SW? I don't know.

I do know #1 of the search warrant are PHOTO'S OF BRAD COOPER.

Yes they can ask for pictures of his person/body if they need to as long as it is covered within the scope of the SW, and I believe it was (covered). Whether they felt the need to take photos with his shirt off or not I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500