Beeee Very Careful for what and why you call tech support. Especially for nude photos

Link

Outsourcing nightmare: Sacramento woman describes Dell tech support abuse
by George Warren • News10/KXTV • July 29, 2010

SACRAMENTO - A Sacramento woman's call to Dell technical support for help with a new computer set the stage for a humiliating sequence of events involving credit card fraud and the publication of some very personal photographs.

"I've been violated. My life's been violated," said Tara Fitzgerald. "I'm a woman, and no woman likes to be taken advantage of."

"Missing" nude photographs

Fitzgerald, 48, said she first called Dell's toll-free support hotline in late December 2008 after realizing she couldn't locate a number of erotic pictures of herself she thought she had saved on her desktop computer to send to her boyfriend.

The single mother of a 14-year-old daughter admittedly has very little working knowledge of computers and the Internet and was genuinely worried about where the nude pictures might appear.

"I couldn't find them on my computer and that made me nervous. I didn't know where they went," she said.

Fitzgerald said she was connected to a technical support representative in Mumbai, India, named Riyaz Shaikh. Fitzgerald explained the delicate nature of the task and authorized Shaikh to assume remote control of her computer.

"I trusted him. I trusted him because he was a Dell technician," she said....

Wow! I know this is horrible for her but some people's naivete astounds me. You need to read the whole article to really understand this thing. I mean it gets bizarre, take the time because it's worth it.

The worst part is that she has a 14 year old daughter. As if 14 year old kids aren't embarrassed by their parents enough. I feel very sorry for that child but at least she'll learn an important lesson.

Really, if you have so little working knowledge of computers, you shouldn't be trying to send nude pictures of yourself! Uh duh!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back