Beloved Maxi

How truly sad to hear this news. My thoughts are with her family as they deal with her loss.

I have an address to send cards to the family.

If you would like it, please email me at Realcountrygirl@hotmail.com and put "Maxi" in the subject line. If you are not in my contact list, your email will go to my spam folder but I will be checking it periodically.

Thank you,
CG/Country Girl

I am sadden to hear this. My heart goes out to the family. May she be in the spirit of joy.

Camper said:
Bouquets to you why_nutt, what an incredibly beautiful tribute to Maxi, to provide the link. I had never seen this before, thank you so much.

Maxis home page , seeing her and family and her yorkie and 'babies" made me cry. Rest in peace beautiful Maxi.

The picture of Maxi with her whole family and her babies... shows what she loved most and treasured most, her family.

HENDERSON, ANNE ELIZABETH NASH

On Tuesday, August 30, 2005, ANNE HENDERSON of Alexandria, Va. died at Fairfax Hospital after a courageous battle with breast cancer. Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on May 7, 1950 to parents Cyril Knowlton Nash and Kathleen May Barron Nash, Anne moved to Maryland and then to Alexandria, Virginia. She was awarded her A.A.S. in Early Childhood Education at Northern Virginia Community College and a B.A. in Early Childhood Education at Antioch University. Anne was the loving wife of David Henderson, mother of Jesse, Abby and Katie Henderson. Anne's love and devotion to her family was always her first priority even during her struggle with her illness. Anne served as the co-coordinator of the Religious Education Committee, Langley Hill Friends Meeting (Quakers). She was also very involved with animal rescue, serving as Virginia State Director, Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue, continuing to rescue Yorkies even as her illness progressed. Shortly before her death, Anne was chosen to receive their "Rescuer of the Year" award. As "Maxi", hundreds of internet friends and forums knew Anne as a kind and wonderful person. Many have e-mailed their condolences to the family and have expressed their love for Anne's kindness, insight, love and humor. She faced her illness with courage and grace. There will be a memorial service at the Langley Hill Friends Meeting House, Saturday, September 10, 2 p.m. at 6410 Georgetown Pike, McLean, Virginia. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made in Anne's memory to the Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue, 1065 Lewis Rd., Chapmansboro, TN 37035 or through PAYPAL address YTNR@YTNR.com

Published in The Washington Post on 9/9/2005.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back