Benjaman Kyle - Those who need investigation - WE NEED YOUR HELP! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a ancestry query on this family and this is what I got. Here is the record:

Buel Willett Powell, b. 1903 and Erma Shropshire, b. 1904
James Jasper Powell, b. 1879 and Mattie Walters, b. 1874
John Lafayette Powell, b. 1853 and Nancy Brantley, b. 1852
James F. Powell, b. 1821 and Martha Jones, b. 1824
Jonathan Powell, b. 1795 and Anne Rice, b. 1802
Joseph Powell, b. 1760 and Hannah Jewson, b. 1760

Is this 'the' Kimberly- Joseph Powell from the y-dna group? I get confused, because 1)Joseph is such a common name as is Powell. Thanks for any clarification.

Is this 'the' Kimberly- Joseph Powell from the y-dna group? I get confused, because 1)Joseph is such a common name as is Powell. Thanks for any clarification.
Some of the kits that are in Benajaman's group, have a Joseph Powell, b. 1784/1785 in Virginia. One in the group has a Joseph Powell, b. 1690, in Pennsylvania.
How many Joseph Powells were born in this group is unclear. You would have to take several males from this group and have them tested, I think, for a clearer picture. jmo

Don't believe this fellow has been on here before:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1533dmpa.html

(David Branton)
============================================
I don't think he has been on here before either.

Is it me or do they all start looking like Benjaman after awhile?

Pro: hair color, eye color, height, ears line up, looks like could be balding,
attorney, plays racquetball.
Con: weight, hair parted on wrong side, 50 yrs old now, substance abuse.

Weird picture with him looking down.
No dob.
No NCIS number listed.
No state police listed.

David Branton:
I think family or friends should check his ssn on ssa death index.
David Branton, age 50, shows up in several southern states.

I actually like him as a possible match-like dream said they are all starting to blend a little...BUT, check out the right side of his photo on his jaw towards his chin-I wonder if he has the puncture type scar???

And, are attorney's fingerprinted???

I actually like him as a possible match-like dream said they are all starting to blend a little...BUT, check out the right side of his photo on his jaw towards his chin-I wonder if he has the puncture type scar???

And, are attorney's fingerprinted???
========================================

Hmm. I took another look. There is something there on the right side/chin area. Cannot get a good look.
Need to blow it up to about 5 x 7. lol.

Attorney's fingerprinting:
http://www.supremecourt.ne.gov/rules/pdf/Ch3Art1.pdf
Nebraska 319.. says yes lawyers will be fingerprinted.
I do not know if all states require it.

Wouldn't David only be 37 now though? If he was 21 in 1993, his birthdate would be around 1972. Wait a minute. Charley says he was 21, but Doe said he was 34? I wonder which one is correct?

Wouldn't David only be 37 now though? If he was 21 in 1993, his birthdate would be around 1972. Wait a minute. Charley says he was 21, but Doe said he was 34? I wonder which one is correct?

Oh sure-let the facts get in the way of our sleuthing, lol-I find it hard to believe he was already a lawyer at 21, so I am leaning towards the 34 based on the hairstyle and the fact that he was established as an attorney. I took this from Ancestry...does this look about right?? These are census records.

David L BrantonAddress:7 W Morton St #200, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015-0201 (1993)
[921 Hamilton MA #2fr, Allentown, Pennsylvania 18101-0801 (1992)]
box_arrow.gif

I agree that he is probably the 34 not 21, but found it odd. This does look like the guy! Do you have full ancestry? I found several David B's with birthdate of Aug 1957. I did also find a David Lee Branton born July 1960 in Allentown, which I am guessing is this David.

Oh sure-let the facts get in the way of our sleuthing, lol-I find it hard to believe he was already a lawyer at 21, so I am leaning towards the 34 based on the hairstyle and the fact that he was established as an attorney. I took this from Ancestry...does this look about right?? These are census records.

David L BrantonAddress:7 W Morton St #200, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015-0201 (1993)
box_arrow.gif

Here is a side by with Branton and Benjaman:

View attachment 5321

Thank you CW!!! I tell you why I like it-the shape of the ear and the shape of the jaw for starters. If they got an accurate weight for Branton, then BK is 40-50 lbs heavier right now... Is he too young? I have heard from a whole lot of people who think BK might be closer to 50 if he lived any part of an indigent lifestyle while he was missing.

So hmmmmm-should we break this one out?

=============================
I am still undecided.

Too young.
Some features similar.

Maybe we (clear throat, as in carolwood) could
check on David's parents/siblings/ geneaology line?

I did a quicky on this last nite and came up with "notta".
If someone could come up with other names linked to David Branton it might would help. I tried intellius, and nothing, but I know there are other sites. Let me know if someone comes up with anything, I'll be glad to check.

box_arrow.gif
-----------------------------------
His missing report says he lived on N 16th St, Allentown, Pa, 1993.

While at first he seemed promising, I think Branton's nose is too thick. The creases at the brow line differ between Branton and Benjaman. Benjaman's creases are far more vertical, seeming to want to rise towards his forehead while Branton's seem to want to intersect at an angle.

The majority of men never change sides on the part in their hair, so I really doubt Branton is Benjaman.

David Lee Branton
(Dr.) Leon Nelson Branton and Prudence W. Branton, listed in Penn and Fl.
Jonathon Mark Branton
(USSEARCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members