BIG HOLES in the defense theory

Ok so wait, JB whines he doesn't have time to do research for the trial, but he has time for this??? I thought interviews were a no no

http://news.lalate.com/2011/06/21/jose-baez-grants-first-interview-since-casey-anthony-trial/

From the article:

"Since commencing his defense case, Baez has been able to show that DNA and blood was possibly not in the trunk of the Pontiac Sunfire and not on the duct tape on Caylee Anthony’s skull. He has also produced experts who have claimed that Caylee Anthony did not die with duct tape on her mouth but had the tape added after her death."

So THIS is how he thinks he is doing so far? According to Baez-world things are just fine. WOW.

Okay, okay...so there are many wierd twists, turns and coincidences in this case, so, my conspiracy theory is not entirely crazy...and mods please move if this goes somewhere else, sorry if someone else already theorized this:

As to the chick 5 cells down from KC whose daughter drowned-Is it possible that

-She is the referral between KC and Baez? (Doubt it because she was not in jail at the time, so it appears)
-Baez represented her and knows her daughter's story?
-Baez feels he is covered by atty-client privilege and would never have to admit how he knows this story?

Now, according to MyClerk, she has always been reprseneted by a public defender. I know Baez worked for the public defender in Miami-Dade, does anyone know if he was a public defender in Orange?

ETA-I know the MSM is talking about her son dying only 2 years ago, and she prolly would have admitted to knowing Baez, so my theory is dumb. Just sleuthing, people, just sleuthing.

From the article:

"Since commencing his defense case, Baez has been able to show that DNA and blood was possibly not in the trunk of the Pontiac Sunfire and not on the duct tape on Caylee Anthony’s skull. He has also produced experts who have claimed that Caylee Anthony did not die with duct tape on her mouth but had the tape added after her death."

So THIS is how he thinks he is doing so far? According to Baez-world things are just fine. WOW.

BBM.
lol, KC & Baez both live in their own little world....they belong together!

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but today I was watching Vinnie Politan and he was replaying portions of the OS, and something Baez said caught my attention. He was trying to explain why ICA pretended to go to work everyday, and why she pretended to have a nanny. Baez said ICA did that to protect Caylee. How in this world does faking a nanny and faking a job protect Caylee? Why not just actually get a job, and move out. It's statements like that that make the whole theory unbelieveable. I mean for crying out loud, he doesn't even know the exact time Caylee died. You would think that would be a very important thing to know. The moment he said that "the exact time is unknown" I knew he was full of it.

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but today I was watching Vinnie Politan and he was replaying portions of the OS, and something Baez said caught my attention. He was trying to explain why ICA pretended to go to work everyday, and why she pretended to have a nanny. Baez said ICA did that to protect Caylee. How in this world does faking a nanny and faking a job protect Caylee? Why not just actually get a job, and move out. It's statements like that that make the whole theory unbelieveable. I mean for crying out loud, he doesn't even know the exact time Caylee died. You would think that would be a very important thing to know. The moment he said that "the exact time is unknown" I knew he was full of it.

:goodpost: :wagon: Welcome mom2pt, very astute post... glad you decided to join us... hope to read more of your insights and thoughts on the case... :seeya:

After re-hearing JB's opening statement, I referred back to Casey's 31 days timeline (provided by acandyrose). JB stated Caylee died of drowning on the 16th and that George and Casey covered it up from Cindy who was at work. If George worked from 3pm - 11pm, it would have had to occurred before 3pm, but James Thompson reports seeing Casey and Caylee exiting Casselberry Walmart at about 4pm. Was James Thompson included in the Prosecution's case? His testimony could throw this theory out of the window.

I've been obsessing over this!
It does seem like it would be slam dunk. But a member mentioned he may not have been credible.

If you read his police statement, http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_jamesthompson-072209.html he says KC was being mean to caylee, making her open the door by herself and kind of ignoring her, and that caylee seemed mad or upset. Heartbreaking if true.

Maybe the State is saving him for rebuttal? If the defense brings up the supposed timeline of Casey being drowned that morning, as they said in their OS.

IMO, the entire defense is one big hole. Nothing they have put forth makes any sense to me. As I see it, its 100% fabrication, and not a very good one at that. A good story would have been, "she drowned, it was an accident, and I tried to cover it up because I was scared." This might have worked, but with JB's ridiculous opening statement they have boxed themselves into a corner that I don't think they can get out of at all.

After re-hearing JB's opening statement, I referred back to Casey's 31 days timeline (provided by acandyrose). JB stated Caylee died of drowning on the 16th and that George and Casey covered it up from Cindy who was at work. If George worked from 3pm - 11pm, it would have had to occurred before 3pm, but James Thompson reports seeing Casey and Caylee exiting Casselberry Walmart at about 4pm. Was James Thompson included in the Prosecution's case? His testimony could throw this theory out of the window.

:truce: Post of the year? I think so anyway!

And what was GA's demeanor at work that day... Bet it was same as usual.

I've been obsessing over this!
It does seem like it would be slam dunk. But a member mentioned he may not have been credible.

If you read his police statement, http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_jamesthompson-072209.html he says KC was being mean to caylee, making her open the door by herself and kind of ignoring her, and that caylee seemed mad or upset. Heartbreaking if true.

Maybe the State is saving him for rebuttal? If the defense brings up the supposed timeline of Casey being drowned that morning, as they said in their OS.

Some people say that circumstantial evidence in general is weak and shouldn't be used to convict someone.Eye witness testimony is usually the weakest evidence in my opinion.This person could have seen some other people, at some other time and honestly thought that it was Casey and Caylee. IMO.

Some people say that circumstantial evidence in general is weak and shouldn't be used to convict someone.Eye witness testimony is usually the weakest evidence in my opinion.This person could have seen some other people, at some other time and honestly thought that it was Casey and Caylee. IMO.

That's a good point, thanks Ranch. I'll try to stop obsessing, lol!

I'm not sure what he could use here. The article says " At the time, most police departments had mandatory waiting periods — up to 72 hours — before they would take a report on a missing child, and the FBI's crime computer did not accept data on missing children. "

It doesn't say that police have to issue an Amber Alert after a child has been missing for over a month.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-12-17-walshinside_N.htm

I agree. LE acted when the child was falsely reported missing. And JB has already admitted that she was never missing at all. And Amber Alerts are a whole different story than just reports and action. There is a strict criteria that needs to be met before an Amber Alert is issued, including a description of the vehicle and the person who took the child under normal circumstances.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/AMBERCriteria_Apr04.pdf

"
This element requires as much descriptive information as possible about the abducted child and the abduction, as well as descriptive information about the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle. Issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness."

I agree, I think he was in a state of infatuated heroism and wanted to save the pretty young damsel (and become famous in the process), and now I think (and hope, because his performance disgusts me) he lies awake at night in a cold sweat with visions of her cold, dead eyes boring into him and wishes she'd never crossed his path. I think he is trying desperately to save her so he won't be next in her sights, fighting for his own life now that he knows the lying lengths she will go to to exact revenge on people who have stopped being useful.

I wonder how she will turn on JB if convicted. will she say he made her have sex with him to represent her? will she say he presented the OS without her acceptance? that JB forced her to stay in jail for 3 years before admitting the accident when she really just wanted to tell LE about the drowning? will she say he threatened her? oh..what kind of evil will she concoct for JB if she has to plenty of time in prison to think...

I wonder how she will turn on JB if convicted. will she say he made her have sex with him to represent her? will she say he presented the OS without her acceptance? that JB forced her to stay in jail for 3 years before admitting the accident when she really just wanted to tell LE about the drowning? will she say he threatened her? oh..what kind of evil will she concoct for JB if she has to plenty of time in prison to think...

I'm betting she goes with the "he forced me to have sex with him for payment" thing. Seems like it would be right up her alley. I don't think it's a matter of if, but when.

IMO, the entire defense is one big hole. Nothing they have put forth makes any sense to me. As I see it, its 100% fabrication, and not a very good one at that. A good story would have been, "she drowned, it was an accident, and I tried to cover it up because I was scared." This might have worked, but with JB's ridiculous opening statement they have boxed themselves into a corner that I don't think they can get out of at all.

To take it a step further, how would they explain her partying? OK, so they lie and say it was an accident, one would still go through grief or be depressed {understatement}. That is why Baez had to add the molestation, to explain her behavior. Why throw kronk in there is beyond me. I can't figure that angle out.

I found this tonight. I *think* I'm allowed to post it.

June 22, 2011
By LBG1

<snipped>
Burdick: ¡®There were substantial computer activity that would rebut a lot of what Mr. Baez said in opening statement.¡¯
Listed on the state¡¯s witness list who may testify during rebuttal, computer store owner Jim Thompson. During a 2009 interview with WESH 2 News, Thompson swore he saw Casey and Caylee at approximately 4 PM on June 16, 2008. Thompson claimed he recognized Casey and Caylee leaving a Cassleberry Walmart.
WESH 2: He (Thompson) says Caylee was a good ten feet behind and had to open a heavy door by herself. For Thompson, that said it all about Casey¡¯s attitude.¡¯
Thompson: ¡®She had better things to do. You know she¡¯d almost rather having the child not tagging along with her, she was in the way.¡¯
WESH 2: ¡®Thompson said he saw Caylee alive at around 4 PM that day, cell phone tower pings show that Casey was at or near her boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro¡¯s apartment at around five PM, that¡¯s less than four miles from the Cassleberry Walmart.¡¯
WESH 2 reporter to Thompson: ¡®You will swear in a court of law¡*
Thompson: ¡®Absolutely!¡¯
WESH 2 reporter: ¡®She¡¯s going to be on trial for life if this if what you saw.¡¯
Thompson: ¡®I will swear in a court of law that¡¯s exactly what I saw.¡¯
Thompson recognized Casey and Caylee after Casey and Caylee visited Thompson¡¯s store to talk about purchasing a computer monitor ¡®a week before Caylee Anthony disappeared¡¯.

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/201...perts-ditched-from-defense-team-witness-list/

I don't see how George framed or scared Casey into lying, as evident in her discussions with them on the videotapes like the one below - totally contradicts the defense theory, and she talks about seeing Caylee soon, how they are good parents, George saying kind things to her as well...:

George Anthony to Casey: I'd give my life for you-
http://www.wtsp.com/video/974791344001/0/George-Anthony-to-Casey-Id-give-my-life-for-you

Her story was all about Zenaida Gonzales taking Caylee. Casey covers for herself, not her dad. Her actions and words, even to them, prove that.

BBM, excellent comment. "Casey covers for herself."

Somebody help me please!!!! I'm going nuts trying to find a transcript of DOS. I've just combed through all of the youtube vids, but can't find what I'm looking for. Or....if anyone can remember where in OS JB said GA "actually tried to frame his own daughter for murder" Thanks!

Better yet, he didn't just leave it at "the exact time is unknown" but went on to say "it could have been the early afternoon or the early morning--Actually it was the early morning". That's my story and I'm sticking to it..JB/KC

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99
Back