Blog Question from WFTV

While KC was driving her car around she probably had windows open or likely was running the air conditioner. The car wasn't tightly closed up; there could be odor building but not necessarily noticeable to others coming near the car or even riding in the car with the AC on.

Once the car was abandoned, no doors/windows were being opened, the trunk was not being opened anymore, and the AC was not being used. The vehicle basically sat closed up tight, unventilated in the Florida heat. At that time any odor would begin worsening but the car could still have been towed three days later without anyone being wise to an odor since it was parked right next to a dumpster. As the vehicle remained closed up sitting in the towyard the odor would have worsened by leaps and bounds.

I really do think GA was in total denial--he knew what he was smelling in that car because by that time the smell could not be ignored. It could be that GA was not emotionally in a place where he was able to face the facts. I have experience with this type of denial, have had incidents in my life that were horrific enough that I could not see the forest from the trees because I just was not ready emotionally to go there. Now in hindsight, it is easy to see how I should have known...

As for KC's friends being in the car and not smelling anything, I thought it was determined that they rode in the car earlier, around June 3 or 4? Someone testified that she thought it was after the 16th but she could be mistaken. It has, after all, been three years!

I agree. However, once the trunk is closed, the chemicals comprising the stain would continue to outgas and "reform" the odor. This is why the portable pump Vass sent Vincent was so effective. Vincent set it in the trunk and let it run for just over and hour with the trunk closed.

If you ever have had a dog and it peed on your carpet, you know the odor just does not go away once it has dried and you opened the windows to let the room air out. Same thing with this trunk.

Right. I guess my point was concerning George (not) smelling decomp when he got the gas cans from Casey. The act of opening and shutting the trunk would have put stench into the air around the back of the car if it was strong inside the trunk.

Im not sure whether I have a issue with it or not. It depends when exactly they went into the garage. From reading the Law Enforcement guide from Missing & Exploited Children http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC74.pdf. LE is to question the parents and the witness first. Plus the fact that after CA called Im sure LE might of thought it might be domestic and maybe not a missing child case. And from what they were telling them it probably confused them at first. LE then off of what the parents says does a little investigation to see if what they are saying might have some truth to it. I would think sinse there was a 31 day gap they couldn't use Amber alert like they would of liked to ones they did in fact figure out that Caylee was missing. Lets not forget Caylee was said to have left the A's so it wouldn't be LE first place to search after they questioned all involved. Not until after they question Casey and her ride showing them where she last seen Caylee would Law enforcement start a ground search of the A's yard and home. Its not hard for me to understand that LE was duped from the begining which made it differnt from any other missing childs case:twocents:

I don't know- even if there wasn't a missing child. If LE went to the house for just a stolen car and stolen $, heck even if they were called out on a medical call, no crime even being reported. The smell of decomp came out of that car at the tow yard, even the manager dude there knew what he was smelling, George had to drive home with the window open, Lee went into the house via the garage (the same garage LE entered through and walked in and out of the entire night) and smelled it. When LE made Casey and Lee sit out in the garage when they separated everyone, Lee had to keep walking out to get air the stench was so bad. Everyone (including me) points fingers at Cindy and George for not going to the police the moment they smelled the car.. Cindy because she's a nurse and "should have" known what that smell was, George because he is former LE and "should have" also known that smell. Missing person or not, the smell of decomp was in that garage and IMO LE "should have" known what that smell was.

Right. I guess my point was concerning George (not) smelling decomp when he got the gas cans from Casey. The act of opening and shutting the trunk would have put stench into the air around the back of the car if it was strong inside the trunk.

How did LE not smell decomp in that garage?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back