Bloodstains on Darin's jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goody said:
Boy, Jeff got away with a lot many moons ago, didn't he? Shoots his theory all to haites, doesn't it? LOL

He and I went round and round on this one...it got ugly! He finally ended the discussion by saying, "Perhaps Smith's print brush was fiberglass, and had bristles approximately the same size as the screen."

At that point my head crashed against the monitor, and that's the last thing I remember. :bang:

Mary456 said:
He and I went round and round on this one...it got ugly! He finally ended the discussion by saying, "Perhaps Smith's print brush was fiberglass, and had bristles approximately the same size as the screen."

At that point my head crashed against the monitor, and that's the last thing I remember. :bang:
LOL Mary!

Mary456 said:

hahahahahahah! :laugh: Mary, you are too funny!!

Mary456 said:

He was much more inventive with me. He had Darin hacking away at a motherboard with the bread knife that morning (for the rubber debris) and Darlie later that day cutting open a packaged tape with it (for the fibreglass rod). That bread knife certainly saw a lot of action.

Dani_T said:
He was much more inventive with me. He had Darin hacking away at a motherboard with the bread knife that morning (for the rubber debris) and Darlie later that day cutting open a packaged tape with it (for the fibreglass rod). That bread knife certainly saw a lot of action.
I know you're saying Jeff said this. Who, by the way, I'd like to meet, but if Mary injured herself over him, I'd end up in the funny farm, so it's for the best. Anyway, I actually have a real question: did Darin and/or Darlie ever give any excuse about the fibers? Don't they just use the standard excuse, "not enough to test, they were wrong..blahblah"

Mary456 said:

Mary, it is most difficult to make beesy laugh at 8 AM, but you can manage it! How long has this Jeff person been gone anyway?

Goody said:
It took me a while to figure it out, too. I don't think I did until they showed Dr Lee or the other guy with the wooden piece from the bannister railing. I kept thinking a spindle was one of those old timey things they wrapped thread around. It spins around like a top. LOL!
Yeah that's what I was thinking. They kept saying it as if it made perfect sense. And I kept thinking "but WHAT is a spindle" so thanks for that Goody
I watched another one the other night where he actually used fluid filled vials to show the many different types of blood spatter. He talks on a layman's level, without talking "down" to us.
Another case he actually testified for the defense, very rare. The blood patterns in that case showed the woman had killed in self-defense as she stated. He brought the original mattress and carpet from the crime scene into court, and he an assistant reenacted the attack.

beesy said:
Yeah that's what I was thinking. They kept saying it as if it made perfect sense. And I kept thinking "but WHAT is a spindle" so thanks for that Goody
I watched another one the other night where he actually used fluid filled vials to show the many different types of blood spatter. He talks on a layman's level, without talking "down" to us.
Another case he actually testified for the defense, very rare. The blood patterns in that case showed the woman had killed in self-defense as she stated. He brought the original mattress and carpet from the crime scene into court, and he an assistant reenacted the attack.
I adore Dr Lee.

Dani_T said:

Yep, and when you challenged him on the pigmentation of the rubber debris (which matched the screen) he said, "What? There is no such thing as black or gray packaging tape? Could have fooled me."

OMG, he was such a hoot!

beesy said:
Mary, it is most difficult to make beesy laugh at 8 AM, but you can manage it! How long has this Jeff person been gone anyway?

Darlie's board shut down in July 2004, beesy, and Jeff hung around for a few more months. He had the sweetest endearments for us. Dani was "stupid" and I was "jackass". Made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Mary456 said:
Darlie's board shut down in July 2004, beesy, and Jeff hung around for a few more months. He had the sweetest endearments for us. Dani was "stupid" and I was "jackass". Made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Well now I am really mad! I wasn't around then so I don't have a nice nickname like yall do!:laugh:

deandaniellws said:
Well now I am really mad! I wasn't around then so I don't have a nice nickname like yall do!:laugh:
Tee...wonder what he'd call ol' beesy

Mary456 said:
Yep, and when you challenged him on the pigmentation of the rubber debris (which matched the screen) he said, "What? There is no such thing as black or gray packaging tape? Could have fooled me."

OMG, he was such a hoot!

*sigh* Those were the days ;)

Goody said:
The claim about her night shirt was that it was put into the paper bag while still wet and as it folded it could have transferred blood that only looked like it was cast off. I don't buy that because transferred blood would not look like it had flown through the air and landed on it with a little tail pointing one way or the other. Surely the blood experts can tell the difference between transfers and actual droplets. That has to be pretty much blood spatter 101, you would think.

Damon's pants and shirt were put into the same bag, separate from Darlie's night shirt. That comes with a lot of criticism too but I don't believe his clothing was used that much in any critical area of the evidence.

I don't buy it either. Nor does it explain Devon's cast-off blood on the nightshirt. His clothes were left on him at the CS while Damon and Darlie were triaged to hospital. Those blood droplets are cast-off blood plain and simple. Well they'll be able to see it when they watch FF tomorrow.

Mary456 said:
hah! At least you weren't Biatch, which was his favorite name for ol' Goody, without the "a" of course.

O, I wish I had a dollar for everytime he said, "I have already told you blah, blah, blah", like anything he said was carved in stone truth no matter how many experts it disputed. <sigh> Those were the days alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid