Blowing The Whistle On The Car/POI Angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case reminds me of Jodi Huisentruit as well.

The small stature of the man makes him less likely to be Caucasian, in my opinion, although I know a couple of men that short. This makes me agree with those who think he is Hispanic, possibly a migrant worker, working in the construction trade. He may have been quite familiar with the area where he parked the car, having done work there before. Unfortunately, this makes him much harder to locate, because he doesn't have a fixed place of work he goes to every day.

I just became aware of this case. My first question is what is the purpose of moving the car at all? The POI risks being tied to the car in many ways, all for what?
The car is moved at 1 pm, which is puzzling. And the POI walks back to the condos is significant.
The POI looks like he’s young, and not some experienced killer IMO. Why do all this at 1 pm? The notion she was abducted in broad daylight, doesn’t add up.
This perp would have planned this, and breaking in to her condo, or gaining access at night seems more probable. This was most likely a sexually motivated crime. Why abduct someone, when she could have been raped in her own condo?
LE dropped the ball on this one for sure. Workers staying in empty condos should have been searched and detained immediately. Undocumented workers don’t vanish just because they get paid cash, you can certainly determine who was working on site. Someone knew who every worker was, on at least a first name basis. Who didn’t show up for work that day?
The POI appearance is distinguishable. I doubt even if his face was visible it would be of much value due to the resolution of the video. He looks young, white, in some sort of work wear, with a distinguishable bowl-cut. There couldn’t be that many workers who fit in to that description.
POI’s 30 seconds in the car, is certainly wiping fingerprints. Yet DNA could have and possibly is determinable. Nobody drives a car a mile, and doesn’t leave DNA in it.
Why the FBI wasn’t on this case on day 1 is troubling. This isn’t the job for suburban police.

I just became aware of this case. My first question is what is the purpose of moving the car at all? The POI risks being tied to the car in many ways, all for what?
The car is moved at 1 pm, which is puzzling. And the POI walks back to the condos is significant.
The POI looks like he’s young, and not some experienced killer IMO. Why do all this at 1 pm? The notion she was abducted in broad daylight, doesn’t add up.
This perp would have planned this, and breaking in to her condo, or gaining access at night seems more probable. This was most likely a sexually motivated crime. Why abduct someone, when she could have been raped in her own condo?
LE dropped the ball on this one for sure. Workers staying in empty condos should have been searched and detained immediately. Undocumented workers don’t vanish just because they get paid cash, you can certainly determine who was working on site. Someone knew who every worker was, on at least a first name basis. Who didn’t show up for work that day?
The POI appearance is distinguishable. I doubt even if his face was visible it would be of much value due to the resolution of the video. He looks young, white, in some sort of work wear, with a distinguishable bowl-cut. There couldn’t be that many workers who fit in to that description.
POI’s 30 seconds in the car, is certainly wiping fingerprints. Yet DNA could have and possibly is determinable. Nobody drives a car a mile, and doesn’t leave DNA in it.
Why the FBI wasn’t on this case on day 1 is troubling. This isn’t the job for suburban police.

I feel your frustration as many of us who live near here or studied this case for over a decade. About the car, its a red flag. Meaning it was put in that location either because of the high crime associated with it or because it was an easy drop off because of needing to get back to the Millennia apartments. I feel she either was on her way to her car when she was abducted (which was a bold move) or out with her car (which doesn't explain why they walked back to her apartment). I feel they took the risk at noon because there was a bigger risk holding on to it. Why they didn't set the car on fire seems to me there was a timing issue with disposing of the car. Not sure how it all fits, I feel like it was a very lucky amatuer(s) that got away with it... for now..

I feel your frustration as many of us who live near here or studied this case for over a decade. About the car, its a red flag. Meaning it was put in that location either because of the high crime associated with it or because it was an easy drop off because of needing to get back to the Millennia apartments. I feel she either was on her way to her car when she was abducted (which was a bold move) or out with her car (which doesn't explain why they walked back to her apartment). I feel they took the risk at noon because there was a bigger risk holding on to it. Why they didn't set the car on fire seems to me there was a timing issue with disposing of the car. Not sure how it all fits, I feel like it was a very lucky amatuer(s) that got away with it... for now..

Ya, on further thought, moving the car really only takes attention away from the condos. That would imply she was being held there, and the perp knew if her car was found there, more focus would be at the condos.

It would be interesting to see the layout of condos and which ones were unoccupied with tenants, but possibly by workers. As in was there one close to her place?

Was workers staying in condos approved by the building management? If so I would presume at least someone would associated with each unit. I can’t see a high end condo building just allowing anyone to stay in a unit. With that said it doesn’t seem management was very involved or active in the buildings day to day.

If I had to guess, I think she was abducted at her doorstep, or hallway and kept there till it was somewhat safe to movie her elsewhere.

I’m forever haunted by these stories, ugh. While being forced to think on this, I think it’s quite possible she was attacked in her condo. The mace on the counter is what led me to that. It seems like that would be a place one would put it when they got home, and would see it on their way out, to help remind them.
This suggests she never left her condo on her own. The lack of forced entry implicated someone with access to her keys, and didn’t she give access to workers recently? And wasn’t there discrepancy about what was said or done while she was on the phone and workers at her place?
My money is on one or more of them. The probability some random worker or predator who was in the area who stalked her is less than one who had contact with her. Considering how cautious she was, and did things like talk on the phone while walking to her car, carried mace, etc, makes a public parking lot ambush less likely.
Her condo was spotless and the shower still wet. That could mean the perp showered and cleaned up. He could have had hours to do so. However moving her car, doesn’t seem to make the most sense if a perp had lots of time, with a portion of it at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708