Books in Book shelf

Was the Bible on audio really found at the place? If so, that is great and maybe the only positive thing in this whole thing besides the two little girls.

I think the article in People magazine said she had books like romance novels and Harry Potter, but when I looked I didn't see anything that looked like a romance novel. Maybe they thought Dean Koontz is a romance novelist. That's what I saw the most of in the shelf.

It's been said that Jaycee has tried her best to homeschool the girls. If this bookcase is the only books they had access to, then I don't see any books on homeschooling. I am homeschooling a boy the age of Jaycee's oldest and I have several math, several reading, grammar, science, etc. They would be immediately noticeable sitting in a bookshelf along with spirals, and school supplies and the test packets..

Apparently, in some of the BOXES there are worksheets and other materials that she used. In the photo with the lice treatment there is even a penmanship workbook.

I think the article in People magazine said she had books like romance novels and Harry Potter, but when I looked I didn't see anything that looked like a romance novel. Maybe they thought Dean Koontz is a romance novelist. That's what I saw the most of in the shelf.

She had some Danielle Steele books, too.

Dugard-prison-611.jpg

Notice this book on the floor (bottom left)?
51E27XPPRHL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

"From Publishers Weekly
In Moody's hugely overwrought sixth outing for Venus Diamond (after 2001's K Falls), the undercover agent for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service finds herself in strange waters. Rather than the environmental crimes she usually tackles, Venus has to help her teenage brother, Tim, accused of murdering a friend, Pearl Pederson, who drowned while they were playing pirates on Tim's mother's yacht. Venus is close to Tim, but even she finds it hard to believe his story-that a giant jellyfish grabbed Pearl and dragged her under. New plot lines come thick and fast. Kidnapping, child *advertiser censored*, car smuggling, Russian mobsters who like to cut off victims' hands, computer hackers, Chinese drugs made from poached animal organs and sold on the black market, a dangerous toxin for biological warfare ready to be shopped to the highest bidder, a ticking bomb, a midair gun battle in helicopters, an underwater knife fight, plus one old romance, one new romance and the assorted family crazies-there are enough story elements here for at least three novels. Moody's plots have always been thick and dense; this one is way over the top. It also lacks the depth provided in earlier books by thought-provoking presentations of serious environmental issues. Without that, this Medusa strangles itself on the myriad muddled plot threads. Most fans will beg Venus to get back into the wilderness where she belongs."

I wonder if he had the girls believing this could be their life if it wasn't for him. Although, there's wasn't much better.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Medusa-Skye-Kathleen-Moody/dp/0373265026/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253486078&sr=1-45"]Amazon.com: Medusa (9780373265022): Skye Kathleen Moody: Books[/ame]

Cat Fancy magazine, children book The Cat Who Went To Paris, Do Cats Think?
jaycee-lee-dugard-_1471940c.jpg

The Gardener's Bird Book, Gardening Made Easy
image-2-for-jaycee-lee-dugard-backyard-dwelling-gallery-700410280.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member