Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:29 PM
They took down the truck's VIN number.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:30 PM
The tailer with the truck in it was sealed up again at 3:35 p.m. that day.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:32 PM
This was to protect the evidence and continuity, he says.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:32 PM
Pillay and Dungey don't cross examine. The officer is done.

But what purpose would it serve to change carriers but not phone number? That's all I mean. I can't think of the WHY for it be relevant. Suggestions?

Not keeping up well today but:

Say something happens to your physical phone, or you are dumb enough to believe that by destroying or otherwise getting rid of your physical phone, you can destroy evidence.

So you go buy a new phone. You also change carriers, because maybe Carrier B is offering you a newer, shinier phone than Carrier A was. At this point, Carrier A can 'port' your old phone number to your new phone with Carrier B. (At least, this is true in the US.)

Now you have a new PHYSICAL phone, because something has happened to your old phone, but you have retained your phone number.

Maybe you also believe that switching carriers will somehow obliterate incriminating evidence logged on your old carrier. Because you are dumb.

This is all speculation.

Do they need a warrant to break into a trailer when a missing person is believed to be locked up in said trailer on private property? I guess not? This would be an emergency.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:34 PM
Next witness is Const. Cory Weick.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:35 PM
He's with York regional police. He was an acting patrol sergeant the night the truck was found in the trailer.

Do they need a warrant to break into a trailer when a missing person is believed to be locked up in said trailer on private property? I guess not? This would be an emergency.

I think because it constituted "urgent circumstances" (ie: TB could be alive in the trailer) they didn't need a warrant (sort of like they got the WIND mobile records so quickly without a warrant) MOO

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:37 PM
A man called in to police saying reporters had been there asking questions about Dellen Millard's arrest. A large trailer had shown up Thursday night at Millard's mother's home, court hears.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:38 PM
Weick called Hamilton police about what they'd heard.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:40 PM
The trailer itself had busted out some lights on the garage because it was parked so close to the house.

“It appeared to me this was done either to conceal the licence plate or to prevent the rear door from being opened," Weick says.

And if you break your phone for some reason, like horsing around, all you have to do is switch out the Sim and SD cards and you're back in business in under 10 seconds, without losing any of your apps and numbers. Handy. And dumb.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:42 PM
"When we did open the door, I could see there was a black pickup truck inside," he says. Police had to cut two locks on two separate doors of the trailer to gain entry.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:43 PM
By this point, Weick had been told by Hamilton police that this was an "abduction investigation," he says.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 8m8 minutes ago
Next witness: Const. Cory Wiecke, @YRP. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 7m7 minutes ago
Wieck being asked about same day. May 12/13. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 6m6 minutes ago
Const nWieck was an Acting Sgt. that night. #MillardSmich

Sick says he received a radio call through his in-car laptop to go to the same home in #Kleinburg as Levangie. #MillardSmich

"Male party...advised that media had been asking questions," re: a missing person case. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 5m5 minutes ago
Wieck says he arrived at the scene at 12:35. Met by Const. Levangie. Learning info on scene, he called @HamiltonPolice. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
Wieck says @HamiltonPolice asked him to do a door knock and check to make sure everything was secure. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
Wieck remembers the trailer was "parked in an unusual fashion" the way it was backed in so close to the garage. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Wieck now looking at the same pics of trailer as Levangie. Points out the driver-side side door as where he entered. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Inside the trailer, Wieck details the truck being a very tight fit for the trailer. Not much space from roof ceiling thru passenger-side.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 47s47 seconds ago
Asked for grounds for search, Wieck says @HamiltonPolice told him urgent circumstances would allow it. Possible body inside. #MillardSmich

"We were specifically looking for the missing or abducted person," says Wieck. Not evidence. #MillardSmich

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:44 PM
The police believed they could enter the trailer, but not the residence, he testifies.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:45 PM
"As I enter the doorway, I recognize it as being a Dodge ram," he says.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:45 PM
He saw a tarp, car parts and large ramps that could be used to load vehicles in the box of the truck. There were no plates on the truck and nothing underneath it. "The interior of the truck appeared to have been partially stripped."

Sorry, as we all know there's a whole lot to keep track of and my brain ain't what it once was--

Dropping the trailer off at MB's house was one of the things CN supposedly helped with, right?

Just thinking that to get the trailer that close to the structure, you'd probably need a spotter on the ground helping you navigate.

There was once an ad about feeling sorry for a moo cow creamer.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who jumps right in for a dollar and starts selling property that may be on title to a bank. How does someone not know that property titles are searched by lawyers doing these transactions, if not on the seller's side, on the buyer's side?

It's the equivalent of thinking cell records just vanish.

Wieck says he "went into the trailer by myself," standing in the box of the black pickup truck. Found car parts on a tarp,ramps to load cars

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 50s51 seconds ago
Wieck says the black pickup had no plate. "The interior appeared to be partially stripped. There were pieces missing from inside the truck."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
"There was a tarp...I did not note a colour but my recollection was gay it was green. There were some car parts and ramps." #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Wieck says he searched the truck for "a minute or two." No sign of a person in there. Did not take any evidence. No grounds to #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 29s30 seconds ago
Wieck says he read out the VIN # of the truck, so that his partner outside the trailer could jot it down. #MillardSmich

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:47 PM
He says he didn't note a colour of the tarp, but his recollection was it was green. The jury previously heard testimony from Arthur Jennings saying that Bosma's truck was sitting on a green tarp inside the MIllard Air hangar.

Wieck says he "went into the trailer by myself," standing in the box of the black pickup truck. Found car parts on a tarp,ramps to load cars

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 50s51 seconds ago
Wieck says the black pickup had no plate. "The interior appeared to be partially stripped. There were pieces missing from inside the truck."

Does this mean the bed of the truck?

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:49 PM
Weick says he read out the truck's VIN number so another officer could write it down.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:51 PM
"I would say that affluent would be very accurate. It's known as a higher end neighbourhood. The value of the homes are very high. It's a very nice place," Weick says about the neighbourhood.

Am I right in understanding the media arrived at MB's house before the police came to cut off the lock on the trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels