Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay asks if the investigators investigated the VIN number, and if it was altered in any way. "The VIN was intact and in the right place," McLellen says.
by Adam Carter 11:22 AM

Pillay now asking about the first day of the examination, when the trailer was at Metro Trucking in Hamilton. "It's critical that the scene you examine by a protected scene?" he asks. "Yes," she responds.
by Adam Carter 11:23 AM

"In your work as a forensic [identification] officer, it's important that a scene be protected," Pillay says. "Yes," she responds.
by Adam Carter 11:24 AM

At the beginning, investigators weren't in full protective suits. Not until they were examining the truck, McLellen says.
by Adam Carter 11:25 AM

Pillay focusing his questions on how important it is that a scene be "free of contaminants."
by Adam Carter 11:26 AM

Regarding stabbing, I said stabbed first from behind, or threatened with a box cutter to "get out, we want the truck"
Then a struggle if TB fought back, resulting in gunshots
Which still could have happened IMO

Is there any links, news stories or evidence to support this or is this a "maybe this happened" guess?

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay asking whether it's important to keep a scene protected. McLellan agrees it is. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Detective says they did not wear protective suits when examining outside of truck. They put them on when they went inside #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay is asking her about preventing cross-contamination. She says they wore white suits when examining interior of #Bosma truck.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Defence hammering home the importance of keeping the environment free of contaminants. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
McLellan talking about wearing tyvek suit/booties to avoid cross-contamination. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Det. We were a little surprised... she says of garage where trailer was originally stored #Bosma #MillardSmich

Pillay asks if the garage in Hamilton where the truck was originally kept was "a bit of a shock to you."
by Adam Carter 11:27 AM

"It was a bit of a surprise, yes," McLellen says. "We weren't expecting this when we got there, for sure."
by Adam Carter 11:27 AM

Is there any links, news stories or evidence to support this or is this a "maybe this happened" guess?

It's a "maybe this happened" theory as my post has noted IMO and my signature also says, unless it comes from MSM it's all MOO.

There were mechanics working around the trailer in the garage at the time. "The only thing separating this particular crime scene - a murder that you were investigating - was yellow tape, correct?" Pillay says. "Yes," McLellen responds. At the outset, those workers were taking out their phones and taking pictures of what was going on. "This is not a location where you want to engage in a detailed forensic examination?" Pillay asks.
by Adam Carter 11:29 AM

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Pillay now asking questions about the other things going on in the garage where the trailer was first kept. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

McLellen says she "has no idea" if any air contaminants had an effect on the scene at all.
by Adam Carter 11:31 AM

This was a "fully functioning garage," where the trailer was first kept. "We didn't want all the onlookers. That's not how we do our work," McLellen says.
by Adam Carter 11:32 AM

A leather couch, a computer desk, two mattresses, a backpack, and a box of papers also found inside the trailer, Pillay says, cataloging its contents aside from the truck.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Sorry, I'm on my phone and not keeping up well--are they saying there was a LEATHER SOFA and mattresses in the trailer with Tim's truck? If so, WTH?

Always fascinating when the "grasping at straws" comes into play. I am so sure airborne contaminants got in there and disrupted the never-ending number of blood samples. (eyes rolling/sarcasm) MOO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
#Millard lawyer, Ravin Pillay, is focused on the truck repair garage where police were first sent to examine trailer with #Bosma truck

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
McLellan says only separating trailer contains the #Bosma truck from garage was crime tape.

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
McLellan asked for trailer/truck to be moved to proper facility for exam. "Out of the eye of the public," she says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
After first day, police requested the trailer move to a proper forensics facility, not "a fully functioning garage." #Bosma

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
McLellan: "There were both police and members of the public working there." @CHCHNews #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
She agreed with Ravin Pillay who said that the car trailer containing #Bosma's truck opening on the highway "was not a good thing."

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
After the move, she was told a box had fallen out on the highway. "it's not a good thing," she agrees. #Bosma

She says she checked the door of the trailer at the facility to make sure it was locked. The investigators did not, however, actually try to pull open the door. It opened on the highway on the way to the OPP facility in Tillsonburg. "That was obviously a concern for you?" Pillay asks. "It was a concern, but it was locked up by the time we got to Tillsonburg." she responds. Pillay asks if it's a good thing from a forensics standpoint for that trailer to open up on the highway. "No. It's not a good thing," McLellen says.
by Adam Carter 11:34 AM

Now in morning recess. Back in 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 11:36 AM

Sorry, I'm on my phone and not keeping up well--are they saying there was a LEATHER SOFA and mattresses in the trailer with Tim's truck? If so, WTH?

Two thoughts came to mind when I read that: 1. Maybe they were already in there because they were being stored, or 2. There was talk that DM had been living in the office at the hangar. I'm picturing all those items coming out of his office. Likely contaminated after the events of May 6th. MOO

Two thoughts came to mind when I read that: 1. Maybe they were already in there because they were being stored, or 2. There was talk that DM had been living in the office at the hangar. I'm picturing all those items coming out of his office. Likely contaminated after the events of May 6th. MOO

I'm going with #1. LE didn't seem too concerned with the other items, so not likely #2. IMO.

I'm picturing a defence lawyer stating that those items belonged to MS who was "in transit" as far as his living arrangements and the "magic backpack" was his as well.

MOO

THe truck was winched into the trailer so the other items would have been placed there afterwards. To fool his mother that he was using the trailer to move his stuff? The mattresses were likely blocking the truck from view.

I wonder why they didn't go through the box of papers to see what that was all about. Might have been old incinerator invoices and things like that ;)

Good thing that was not the box that fell out of the back of the trailer!

Blood in the rear tire tread? Horrible.

What I don't understand is why Millard's lawyer is bringing up the extra stuff in the truck. I can't figure out his point...cross contamination of DNA? Any ideas?

What I don't understand is why Millard's lawyer is bringing up the extra stuff in the truck. I can't figure out his point...cross contamination of DNA? Any ideas?

They have nothing. Defense is reaching. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member