Bosma Murder Trial 05.04.16 - Day 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. She was smart in terms of protecting herself. She played only the cards she wanted to but not the hand that she was dealt. She was there to tell the whole truth (is that actually in the oath people swear to or is that a tv thing?) and I refused to credit her for cheating at cards. IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, her testimony has nothing to do with MS. Her testimony can only be used against DM and MMs against MS.

Parts of her testimony can be used against MS, like the phone call she claims she had with him and anything she claims to have witnessed directly in terms of his actions or statements.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge about legal proceedings - can the same piece of evidence be used in more than one trial? In this case, can the letters written by DM be used in CN's trial now that they have been used in this trial? If not, is it possible that the Crown is holding onto CN's replies to be used in her own trial? Just something I thought of, and without knowing the way trials work I have no idea if it is off-base. TIA to those that can clarify.
I pretty sure evidence can be used in multiple trials unless they are deemed inadmissible. I can see why that would be the case here. I think her letters are gone. Unless they truly contained nothing of the case, they would have been used here. IMO.

I agree with you. She was smart in terms of protecting herself. She played only the cards she wanted to but not the hand that she was dealt. She was there to tell the whole truth (is that actually in the oath people swear to or is that a tv thing?) and I refused to credit her for cheating at cards. IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, her testimony has nothing to do with MS. Her testimony can only be used against DM and MMs against MS.

Not true. Because they would most likely be questioned about their time and involvement with their respective BF's, they most likely had first person information about that accused. However, anything they testify that was the result of a direct contact with the other accused is also fair game. Anything they claim that they heard from their BF about the other accused is 'hearsay' and is not allowed to be considered by the jury.

ex.
MM stating that DM was happy about the mission success when she got in the Yukon.
CN testifying about her phone conversation with MS on the 10th.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member