Boy, 12, Dies From Excessive Deoderant Use

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by White Rain, Nov 24, 2008.

  1. White Rain

    White Rain Active Member

    Messages:
    4,831
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    38
    I wonder what the "volatile" agent was. I wonder if maybe he was huffing?
    Whatever the reason he dies, this is very very sad.

    A coroner in Britain has determined that a 12-year-old boy died after using too much spray deodorant in a confined space, according to a report from abc.net.au.
    Daniel Hurley collapsed in a January after spraying on Lynx deodorant in the bathroom of his Derbyshire home.
    An inquest was told last week that a "volatile" agent in the deodorant upset the boy's heart rhythm.
    He was hospitalized after the incident and died five days later from a cardiac arrhythmia, also known as abnormal heart rhythms, according to the report.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,456664,00.html
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Linda7NJ

    Linda7NJ Active Member

    Messages:
    30,907
    Likes Received:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    38
  4. RiverRat

    RiverRat Patsy Ramsey to the Left

    Messages:
    2,909
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Aluminum Free for me - Dr. Orders.......

    I wish that every one (espcially the members here) could be able to look at their results from a simple hair test and take messures to reduce the amount of heavy metal toxicity in their bodies.....I know that I never knew that just by keeping up my arm-pits under control would end up taking control my life! :eek:
     
  5. AmandaBrown23

    AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

    Messages:
    1,097
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I came accross another story of this happening to a teenage boy while searching for a deoderant for my son. My son is only 9 so I wanted to make sure whatever he uses was safe. I certainly didnt pick spray on after reading that story.
     
  6. MistyM

    MistyM Active Member

    Messages:
    1,063
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    omg those sprays are horrible! i always get sick to my stomach around aerosols. have you ever been around oven cleaner? i thought i was gonna die after spraying my oven one day.

    this story reminds me of that girl who died from using muscle cream. what kind of freak accidents are these? are they underreported? do they happen more often than we think but are being publicized now?

    it's all too freaky.
     
  7. AmandaBrown23

    AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

    Messages:
    1,097
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    It really concerns me that this happened. Next thing you know sicko moms will killing their children like this and claiming accident. so sad that I have to think that way. I would much rather believe all moms love and devote theirselves to their kids.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice