Brad Cooper Indicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a while to get to this part of the tape - it isn't wanting to buffer well if one moves the slider but am waiting patiently, well not so patiently. It'll get there in a few minutes...

Okay - it is Video Deposition part 8 at just after 8 minutes into the bottom run counter - Brad says that Nancy called him at 830 Friday evening and handed her phone to MH - that is when they completed their plans to play tennis the next morning at 930. So if anyone doubts where this story came from - the horses mouth Brad. Not MH

Great job Skittles - great idea !

Yes, sorry, just catching up on posts, I could have saved you some time--it was definitely Brad who said they spoke on Nancy's phone.

I, too, wish the buffering worked better. Sometimes it just refuses to move. I would try to back up a minute or two--sometimes it worked, sometimes it hung. More than once when making the index I started a video from the beginning, turned down the volume, set an alarm for the time I wanted to listen to, and went off and did other things!

We definitely do need a spreadsheet, too. Events listed by time, who said each one, a pointer to the doc, video, or interview where it was stated. It would make it much easier to find conflicts. And, no, I'm not volunteering to head this one up!

Now, I would expect MH, who I do believe is completely telling the truth, to GLADLY answer the many questions asked by LE for as many times as it takes to help BRING JUSTICE TO NANCY. The more good cop/bad cop behavior they portray, the harder it means they're working to find Nancy's killer. This reaction by MH concerning CPD doesn't make sense to me unless he harbors some kind of resentment toward NC and/or her friends.

I agree Red; maybe all was fine and dandy and the questioning was pleasant and then the cops started asking him if he used Nancy's phone that morning, etc, etc. and then the whole tone of the session changed. I can see that kind of thing rattling anyone if suddenly they feel they are accused of potentially participating in a crime. I don't know about his comments towards Nancy & friends and why he took the tack he did, but I bet he was very rattled by the good cop/bad cop questioning around the cell phone usage.

Yes, sorry, just catching up on posts, I could have saved you some time--it was definitely Brad who said they spoke on Nancy's phone.

I, too, wish the buffering worked better. Sometimes it just refuses to move. I would try to back up a minute or two--sometimes it worked, sometimes it hung. More than once when making the index I started a video from the beginning, turned down the volume, set an alarm for the time I wanted to listen to, and went off and did other things!

We definitely do need a spreadsheet, too. Events listed by time, who said each one, a pointer to the doc, video, or interview where it was stated. It would make it much easier to find conflicts. And, no, I'm not volunteering to head this one up!
Aw, common Skittles "(S)He who suggests it, does it." :)

yes, exactly! I think the assistant DAs or possibly LE needs to do this and then drop it off to us. :wink:

I'm not sure that extent is actually necessary Skittles. Those that want the answers will go find them and will use your deposition markers to do so. Its a good thing to go look for oneself - I always manage to hear something or read something that maybe had slipped by before. As the case changes, so too will the significance of statements. It doesn't hurt to go back and look if one is so inclined.

yes, exactly! I think the assistant DAs or possibly LE needs to do this and then drop it off to us. :wink:

Darn the bad luck - we should have snuck into LE's war room for this case before they handed it over to the DA and taken photos of their charts and writings on the wall. :crazy:

Daphne - when MH took the stand in the hearing, he did not repeat that LE attempted to coerce him, only that he was naive about the investigation process. I did ask this information directly of a reporter who was in the courtroom - only reason I know it.

Thanks, SG and RC!

Just read online that the police went in with a search warrant at Brad's house and found the diamond necklace that Nancy cherished. The necklace that her friends said she always had on.

Just read online that the police went in with a search warrant at Brad's house and found the diamond necklace that Nancy cherished. The necklace that her friends said she always had on.

Does anyone have a link to one of the photos where she is wearing it?
Thanks. on a side note, I am sad that she cherished it so - especially as it was kind of a placating gift it seems - not given out of true love at all. sad.
I have every confidence that she is in heaven and being cherished as she deserves.

Everyone knows the feeling when they haven't had access to their laptop for a few days. Wonder how Bradley is handling that? No status in jail. No job. No BMW, no Naked Juice, no trips to Harris Teeter, no housecleaning to do, no women to romance (yet). His physique will certainly wither as Ironman reality fades. No cell phones, none of the accoutrements of a geekster's lifestyle. Nothing. He only has himself now. He should be content with his favorite person.

Does anyone have a link to one of the photos where she is wearing it?
Thanks. on a side note, I am sad that she cherished it so - especially as it was kind of a placating gift it seems - not given out of true love at all. sad.
I have every confidence that she is in heaven and being cherished as she deserves.

Here is a shot where you can see it in pretty good detail:

http://s457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/swainrich/cooper_nancy/?action=view&current=nan2.jpg

With this one, the youngest daughter looks like she might be 1.5, which would put it in early spring this year. She is not wearing it.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...Cooper case/Cooperfamilyinbetterdays.jpg?o=11

I believe Katie turned 2 in July, but she looks closer to 2 than to 1 in the picture. Given they are wearing warm weather clothes, it would probably make it earlier this year (rather than September or so of last year). Again, that is my opinion of the timeframe for this.

NCSU95, I'll say that most of those photos are too old for Nancy to have gotten the necklace yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge