Branson Missouri hit by Large Tornado 2/29/12

http://images.scribblelive.com/2012/2/29/8638a7d7-838a-4d24-b539-151ab2b84ab1_400.jpg

(map of reported tornados....)

wow :eek:

we are having very strange weather in michigan right now as well... pouring rain and supposed to reach 50 degrees today (not. normal.)

Stay safe nurse! These storms are headed toward Mich. from what I heard so please pay attention to updates. xoxo

I just checked on the Decorah Eagles in Iowa and boy is the wind howling there. I am dizzy from watching the tree swaying. Hope the eagles and their eggs are safe from all this.

Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: Email addresses for both Moderated Chat and Social Stream to provide feedback or to contact RRP.moderatedchat@raptorresource.o...

I notice alot of media saying alleged tornado or possible tornado. Looking at the damage I think it's obvious what caused it. Are they afraid the tornado will sue if they publicly name it the cause?

I notice alot of media saying alleged tornado or possible tornado. Looking at the damage I think it's obvious what caused it. Are they afraid the tornado will sue if they publicly name it the cause?

They won't say until a meteorologist comes out to find the path and measure it. Even if a professional spotter sees a funnel cloud they won't say for sure.

n/t: Wichita is just to the south of Hutchinson. They probably got a storm, but I'm not sure - check their local news online. I have relatives in Topeka, Abilene, and Shawnee but haven't heard from them yet.

The weather now for Tennessee and Western NC has a two-day hazardous warning for storms and hail, with tomorrow possibly being the worst.
http://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...oltewah+TN&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook

Tornado Watch for Western and Middle TN
http://www.wmctv.com/

Not what I want to hear or experience again anytime soon.. I'm still storm shocked from last April..
This weather just isn't normal.
Prayers going up for everyone experiencing this disastrous weather.

There are several Facebook pages up with info, don't know if I can put FB links here.

Jacie, I pray that your relatives are safe and sound.

hugs, wm

Another heart stopping morning worrying about all of you in the path of these storms! Dr.F-- thank you for posting all the links overnight, keep your eye on the ball though! Please stay safe...

Em and Nursey, Everyone, my prayers are with you!

I feel so helpless... and stunned. :(

Prayers for everyone in this path...Jacie, hang tough. I'm sure that connections are either overloaded or down right now, so just hang tough, all right?

I have dear friends in Effingham and Fillmore, Il., does anyone know if that area was hit?

Best-
Herding Cats

There is a press conference @10:30am Central time; I'm trying to find a link for streaming 106.3 in Branson. No luck yet, they aren't streaming. :(

State officials have organized shelters for victims displaced by overnight tornadoes that tore through the Ozarks. They are located at:
• Branson Recreation Complex, 1500 Branson Hills Parkway, Branson 65616
• First Baptist Church, 161 Heavens Way, Kimberling City 65686

Is Wichita close to Hutchinson and Topeka? A good friend and fellow WS member is from Wichita.

Please check in. :please:

Just for info....

Wichita area is fine.....no damage reports of any significance...weather today sunny and warm.

Only town with any major damage so far is the Harveyville area. Otherwise some trees and power lines here and there in different small town and rural areas. The storm was predicted all day, but developed later than expected after around 7/8 pm and strengthened quite fast as it appeared. The same line of storms is the one continuing to move to the east this morning.

Prayers for everyone in this path...Jacie, hang tough. I'm sure that connections are either overloaded or down right now, so just hang tough, all right?

I have dear friends in Effingham and Fillmore, Il., does anyone know if that area was hit?

Best-
Herding Cats

I live close to those towns and they are fine.

Best-
Herding Cats

Not many people know someone from Fillmore, that is really interesting.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone ....reminds me of the outbreak we had in Alabama last year.

Just for info....

Wichita area is fine.....no damage reports of any significance...weather today sunny and warm.

Only town with any major damage so far is the Harveyville area. Otherwise some trees and power lines here and there in different small town and rural areas. The storm was predicted all day, but developed later than expected after around 7/8 pm and strengthened quite fast as it appeared. The same line of storms is the one continuing to move to the east this morning.

Thanks Raeann! We're getting hit with a major snow storm starting tonight and into tomorrow. :sigh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back