Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wendybtn, Jan 12, 2016.
Hoping they are safe and will be released soon. Like in the next few minutes.
I have been listening to Fox News Channel 114 on SiriusXM radio. Anonymous officials in the Department of State have said the "broken-down boat" story is "fishy" & the Pentagon says communication with the boats was lost. The Iranians have said they will release them (one is a female) but not where or when. The anonymous official also said they assume the Iranians are tearing the boats apart looking at our technology. In another story last week, a missile used in war exercises near the two Koreas was mistakenly shipped to Cuba, which has not yet been returned.
Sounds a lot like 1980 all over again, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................
That was one "fun" year, I don't want to go through that again..
Iran is now saying that any imminent release of the sailors is pure speculation on the part of the person who is saying that.
I know what you mean, poppa rob. If the Iranians hold these military personnel until Jan. 20, 2017, Donald Trump will be elected our next President. Do you think that is partly why they are doing this? History repeating itself?
I don't have a link because I heard it on TV, but the soldiers are now free.
(But it's not a top news story or anything. Grrr.)
This article talks about the sailors being treated like POWs (see pic) and the apology one sailor was forced to make. Also, in the car today listening to Greta van Sustern on SiriusXM channel 114, the boats were not broken in anyway, nor do 'sources' say, they did not drift 50 miles into Iranian waters as Iran claims.
I guess we won't know all the details for at least a year or more.
Separate names with a comma.