Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know the status of the DNA backlog? The last I heard, they raised more $$$ than anticipated and were processing the backlog in batches of 100 -- & then were going to start comparing via national data bases.

Do we know if they are all caught up? Im thinking not but am curious to know if Ive missed an update on where they are with that.

I am baffled because although I certainly know that it is possible, I just find it so difficult to believe that this animal has never been registered, in other words I believe this isnt new behavior for him.

Well, um... thinking it was way too weird I kinda asked around :blushing: and it is NOT common here at all (SF Bay Area.) In fact, everyone thought I was crazy for even wondering! All I've been able to come up with is perps often do it to eliminate leaving any evidence.

But this is Reno - not SF or LA; not exactly the cutting edge of fashion trends.

LOL! I deleted the post :innocent:

You can tell I'm not reading fast enough to keep up and I'm commenting late....

Are you kidding me??? When did this trend start? I have never dated a shaved guy in my life. I'm not saying it isn't popular with some crowds, but did the practice for "most" guys start recently? Or do I just like bad, dirty boys?

It's been that way for at least 20 years that I know of. I can't remember the last untrimmed or unshaved man I've been with. I think it's been a common practice forever, but no one talked about it.

Well, um... thinking it was way too weird I kinda asked around :blushing: and it is NOT common here at all (SF Bay Area.) In fact, everyone thought I was crazy for even wondering! All I've been able to come up with is perps often do it to eliminate leaving any evidence.
And here we all thought the SF Bay Area was very liberal! ;)

But this is Reno - not SF or LA; not exactly the cutting edge of fashion trends.
What's kind of funny about this discussion, is that the victim must have thought it was unusual or she wouldn't have mentioned it, imo. :) Really, here's a guy with a big truck, his face has this so-called goatee on the chin, his body has been described as "not flabby but not a bodybuilder" and he's into personal grooming of 'that' area? Something just doesn't seem to fit!

http://www.hair-removal-shaver.com/body-hair-removal.html

Are you into body hair removal? You're not alone. Not by a long shot. And body hair removal is not just for body builders anymore. The latest statistics reveal that the majority of everyday males and females are into body hair removal, on several parts of their bodies.

Not that long ago, it was the norm that males removed the hair from their faces and females removed the hair from under their arms and on their legs. And while that still is the norm, today it's not uncommon that both males and females remove the hair from their heads, and their pubic areas.

This article includes a photo of the specific type of condom.

Or, if you prefer a link to the photo only.

Click on the photos to see them very large.

I guess I was wrong about the condoms being found in both the November and December incidents. I thought I read that somehwere. Thanks for the links.

Rolex,

Nothing mean-spirited intended here whatsoever; but what exactly is your point? Find me one person in LE that does not appreciate what we're doing here.

Far be it from me, but any number of photos offered on this site alone, could and may well in fact have evidence unbeknownst to the photographer(s).

What you're saying to ME is they've got it under control, get out of the way. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Every single day I see and hear some community member or LE or mostly both, ask for continued assistance in the case.

I was not saying that at all. They need all the help they can get. Maybe you have not read all the other threads.

The point I was "trying" to make is that some here are continually bashing Reno PD for not doing enough , or doing it all wrong- I was just pointing out that we do not know all the details that LE knows. There are some here and the talking heads on FOX very critical of Reno PD. It's just unwarrented IMO.

I think this guy is shaving to avoid leaving DNA evidence. The fact that he made sure to bring condoms with him makes it a little more likely in my mind.
Also, I know its not exactly relevant to the real world, but I did see an episode of CSI or some similar crime show where the perpetrator did the same thing. I thought of it as soon as I saw that mentioned in the description and figured this guy was worried about DNA.
I would think that a wife/girlfriend (if there is one) could put the pieces together by now. The shaved pubic hair especially is not so common that someone could dismiss it.

My DH has done the shaved thing occasionally. One thing I was thinking regarding this perp is the hair removal makes a guy look...uh shall we say more endowed. Since he is reportedly on the short side & prefers to pick on young women who are roughly the size of your average 4th grader, maybe that is a particular concern for him. Freakin' cowardly loser.

What's kind of funny about this discussion, is that the victim must have thought it was unusual or she wouldn't have mentioned it, imo. :) Really, here's a guy with a big truck, his face has this so-called goatee on the chin, his body has been described as "not flabby but not a bodybuilder" and he's into personal grooming of 'that' area? Something just doesn't seem to fit!

Those are the kinds of things that made me think the perp younger (rather than a married-upstanding-guy-in-the-community type).

The shaved pubic hair especially is not so common that someone could dismiss it.

Why would shaving seem unusual to a wife or GF if the perp has always shaved? He wasn't worried about leaving DNA. He's left it all over Reno, including on the panties he placed with Brianna's body.

The point I was "trying" to make is that some here are continually bashing Reno PD for not doing enough , or doing it all wrong- I was just pointing out that we do not know all the details that LE knows. There are some here and the talking heads on FOX very critical of Reno PD. It's just unwarrented IMO.

Because of that, we don't know whether it's unwarranted critisism.

My DH has done the shaved thing occasionally. One thing I was thinking regarding this perp is the hair removal makes a guy look...uh shall we say more endowed...

Too funny! My IO suggested that might be a reason for a guy to shave and I burst out laughing.

No offence to your DH, but where I come from when you shave a dog it looks smaller.

Too funny! My IO suggested that might be a reason for a guy to shave and I burst out laughing.

No offence to your DH, but where I come from when you shave a dog it looks smaller.

Yeah, but you're not actually shaving the dog so to speak, just manscaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member