Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this killer has stalked the area in order to attack at a time when the two male room mates were away and to catch the rape victim before entering her home. He had to of been lurking and waiting at both sites with his vehicle ready to transport. He may be similar to BTK in the stalking. BTK stalked whole areas using his job with ADT security. One intended victim wasn't home so he chose Shirley Vian.

You do make a good point, Txvicki. I never stopped to think about the male roomates, but maybe he saw the girls through the windows after they got home..waited and did not see any males at that time. I honestly think if there had been curtains and locked doors...this may never have been a target for him. The way the house is situated on the corner would have given him direct access from his vehicle to drive by and see everything going on in the front room. I think he just waited until Bri went to sleep before making his move.

You do make a good point, Txvicki. I never stopped to think about the male roomates, but maybe he saw the girls through the windows after they got home..waited and did not see any males at that time. I honestly think if there had been curtains and locked doors...this may never have been a target for him. The way the house is situated on the corner would have given him direct access from his vehicle to drive by and see everything going on in the front room. I think he just waited until Bri went to sleep before making his move.
If the perp lives there or has connections to the university, he may have known that it was still winter break when he targeted Mackay Court and that there was a good chance that the male roommates wouldn't be there.

I wonder if LE ever got anywhere with interviewing the people who had attended the party down the block that night. We heard fleeting mention of that last month, but no updates.

They did say this was a "sexually motivated" crime. They have not gone beyond that statement.

agreed but the manner of the perpetation of that is important as to profile. I believe it is sexually motivated but for me the actual act or acts given the other 2 vics is relevant to the identity ultimately.

I watched the dateline episode of this case 2x last night just because it's driving me crazy and I really am concerend about this unsub-

Here's my questions/thoughts:

1.) Does anyone know exactly which roomate/friend the known panties belong to?

2.) I was under the impression that the perp returned to the Dec vic the same day as the Bri attack, I was incorrect, it was approximately 24 hours earlier. And the report stated that she "was not home at the time", not that she was out of the country already. Can anyone sync up in the form of a timeline when the subject description changed, when the Dec vic went to Taiwain, and Bri's murder?
3.) Im convinced he did not strangle her with the panties, he would not have wanted to rip them, he was intending to leave them.
4.) I watched the coverage of the house, it is not really that easy to see in , there is a large tree in the front blocking view, and there is a bunch of boulders on the upper level blocking the french doors view. It would not be impossible to spy into the house, but I think I am convinced that it was not random.
5.) What dna evidence ties the perp to the first vic via the condom wrappers or is it something else I missed?
6.) All the girls took a shuttle bus from the concert back to the bar prior to going home with about 50 other students or other. They could have been overheard, invited someone back in jest, etc..

I watched the dateline episode of this case 2x last night just because it's driving me crazy and I really am concerend about this unsub-

Here's my questions/thoughts:

1.) Does anyone know exactly which roomate/friend the known panties belong to? No, they have not released that information.

2.) I was under the impression that the perp returned to the Dec vic the same day as the Bri attack, I was incorrect, it was approximately 24 hours earlier. And the report stated that she "was not home at the time", not that she was out of the country already. Can anyone sync up in the form of a timeline when the subject description changed, when the Dec vic went to Taiwain, and Bri's murder? The first description came out 1-29 and changed 3-21. We do not know when Dec vic went home, but was before 1-29.

3.) Im convinced he did not strangle her with the panties, he would not have wanted to rip them, he was intending to leave them. We will have to disagree on this point as I think it is possible. Yes, he did intend to leave them, imo. I think the second pair is more curious than the thong.

4.) I watched the coverage of the house, it is not really that easy to see in , there is a large tree in the front blocking view, and there is a bunch of boulders on the upper level blocking the french doors view. It would not be impossible to spy into the house, but I think I am convinced that it was not random. I watched it on Greta when Mark did the walk through. It looked visually accessible from the outside and Mark commented on the same thing, IIRC. With even the light from her cell phone while texting, you could probably see in from different angles. Certainly you could see in if a light was on inside.

5.) What dna evidence ties the perp to the first vic via the condom wrappers or is it something else I missed? They did not release specifics on the DNA. I don't believe they ever said the DNA was actually on the condom packets only they think the perp dropped them. IIRC.

6.) All the girls took a shuttle bus from the concert back to the bar prior to going home with about 50 other students or other. They could have been overheard, invited someone back in jest, etc. This is the first I have heard of them taking a shuttle to the Sands which I find odd since K was driving her vehicle.
Hope this helps. :)

I read somewhere that they belonged to KT. If it wasnt in that dateline special, I will look for it. I only read a few different sites here.

COF, Welcome to WS! After reading over your posts, it appears you have an abundance of knowledge pertaining to crime scene investigation etc. I hope you will join in the discussions here. :)

You so know I am going to have to watch this again before I reply- ugh.

ETA: dateline I mean
I followed this case from the onset and because I let my passion get the better of me...I was required *cough* to leave it alone for awhile. While I vowed not to come back to this thread...truth is I can't keep from it. There is a horrible person who is preying on girls who could be my child and it makes me crazy to know he is walking around still looking and still wanting to inflict such pain, damage, and horror on someone's daughter.

(If you go back in the media thread...you will find the piece from Greta that Mark F. did. I recommend you watch it, too.)

I followed this case from the onset and because I let my passion get the better of me...I was required *cough* to leave it alone for awhile. While I vowed not to come back to this thread...truth is I can't keep from it. There is a horrible person who is preying on girls who could be my child and it makes me crazy to know he is walking around still looking and still wanting to inflict such pain, damage, and horror on someone's daughter.

(If you go back in the media thread...you will find the piece from Greta that Mark F. did. I recommend you watch it, too.)[/quote
love mark and greta- are you saying that it is located on this thread, or elsewhere?

Here you go: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325313,00.html Sorry, still trying to find the actual footage.

VAN SUSTEREN: You can't see this video, but Tim Silfies(ph) went out last not and shot video to see if you were standing outside whether you could see her sleeping on the couch.

And we are looking at the video right now: if you were outside, you could see someone outside get on that couch, especially if there is a light turned on, and that seems pretty evident. And you have already showed us those three entrances.

SS- an excerpt from Fuhrman- do I understand this correctly?

..."But when you think of these two other assaults, one rape and one attempted, you have to consider that the police on the one rape probably have some level of forensics that they would be able to compare with any forensics—hair fiber, or anything else they recovered from this scene or any place in the house. And they did have their crime scene unit over there.
So they have stated that it does not match the M.O. And, of course, in neither other of those attempts was there an attempt or a homicide, and the abduction was brief..."

Perhaps that changed, but I read that to mean that the other 2 were not related. On a personal note, if there is no dns evidence to connect perp to 1st attempted, I swear that he was not involved, doesn't gaszinta

That is what I have always said...the sketch doesn't match. They didn't have DNA evidence on the rape in the garage at the University where the sketch originated. He used a gun and I found this to be another reason not to include him with the other three. It did not work for me that he would use a weapon and go back to something that was not proven to work for him. In my mind, that perp would always use a weapon because it did work. LE only connected the other one due to location and because she was a young female.

There are two rapes prior to Brianna's abduction and murder that have been matched so are definitely connected and there was no use of a weapon.

Then I am mising the other one- please advise. I am aware of a forcible sex act with Dec. vic, an alleged abduction/attempted rape wich I agree we both are skeptical are related, and sweet Bri, which we are assuming involves a forced SA of some kind.

The rape at the parking garage happened on Oct. 22, 2007. This is where the sketch came from. They cannot connect this to the others because of the timing of the report and so no evidence. LE decided to rule on the side of whatever...and go ahead to connect the sketch which threw the case into a tailspin...in my opinion!!

There was another attempted rape on Nov. 13, 2007 which the victim was able to scream and thwart the attacker...but where the packets of condoms were found and his DNA was connected to this attack.

• November 13th 2007, 5:55 PM – The female victim was battered and sexually groped in the 400 Block of College Drive, Reno.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february142008/brianna_dennison_2-13-08.php

I will try to find the articles relating to this, but there isn't much information.

The rape at the parking garage happened on Oct. 22, 2007. This is where the sketch came from. They cannot connect this to the others because of the timing of the report and so no evidence. LE decided to rule on the side of whatever...and go ahead to connect the sketch which threw the case into a tailspin...in my opinion!!

There was another attempted rape on Nov. 13, 2007 which the victim was able to scream and thwart the attacker...but where the packets of condoms were found and his DNA was connected to this attack.

• November 13th 2007, 5:55 PM – The female victim was battered and sexually groped in the 400 Block of College Drive, Reno.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february142008/brianna_dennison_2-13-08.php

I will try to find the articles relating to this, but there isn't much information.

SS- can you confirm the origin of the dna linking perp to the Nov.13th attempt?

Amything about the 10/2007 rape as well- I don't think I havew ever seen anything on it. Are you saying they originally connected it and that's where the description came out?

DNA from three different crimes, including the abduction and murder of Brianna Denison, have been linked to one suspect. The dates and locations of these crimes are:

November 13, 2007 between 5:55pm and 6:05prm at 401 College Drive (parking lot)
December 16, 2007 between 2:00am and 2:30am at 1425 N.Virginia Street (parking lot)
January 20, 2008 between 4:30am and 9:00am at 1395 Mackay Court (residence)
Additional information regarding DNA and its application to this case will be posted as it becomes available.

http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx?page=1462

The sketch, made from a woman's description from a previously unreported
attack in October, shows a 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 white male with light brown
or dirty blond hair. He had a slender to medium build and was wearing a
dark-hooded pullover sweat shirt, athletic-type nylon sweat pants with black
stripes and white tennis shoes.

A University of Nevada, Reno student said she was raped in a parking garage
on Oct. 22, that was 100 yards from a campus police station.The woman said
she reported the incident after seeing news reports of Denison's case. The
October case has not been connected.

Holladay said there's no evidence that connects the October rape to the
other incidents but that investigators are "not discounting the possibility
these cases may be connected all together."

The woman described the weapon as a black and silver handgun, the first time
police have reported the use of a gun in any of the attacks.

Police did not specify the age of the suspect in the October rape. In the
other attacks, victims estimated the age range from 28 to 40.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327507,00.html

The sketch came from the Oct. rape. The woman did not come forward until Bri went missing so no DNA was collected. The suspect description does not match the last description given in Bri's case either.

The last link did not work- Do you know the specifics on the 10/22 allegation? time. particulars, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member