Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

James Biela's Trial has been postponed until May 10th, 2010.
His lawyer says she just got the case and needs more time to go through everything.

I'm wondering what the defense is going to say about the fact he left the first two vics alive. Do you think they'll try to say he has a merciful side and didn't mean to kill Bri?

bbm

It's impossible to believe he didn't mean to kill Bri when her own panties (elastic band/ligature) were used to strangle her & I think any Jury would be offended if they tried to go there.

I don't get why he left any (bet more then two vics!) alive..What was it about poor Bri? Maybe she fought more?..Maybe she was his first kill cos it finally dawned on him (def not too bright) it was possible to id him?..It wont surprise me at all if we find out he raped & then killed others after he fled to WA..The panties seen in his truck (in WA) by gf from Reno did not come from any laundromat..Come on! :furious:

In Bri's case at least a likely perpetrator has been arrested but justice has not been swift. It has moved as slowly as molasses and I am not patient. I want justice for her (as well as the other cold cases) and I want it now...

sbm

It (justice) will be about 2 yrs for Caylee too but at least her killer (like Bri's) is rotting in jail in the meantime..That def makes it alot easier for me to take this very long wait.

Was the decision made about seperating the three trials or having them together?

Her killer was found guilty & sentenced to death today. Yay!

Just noticed Brianna is being showcased on Dateline NBC tonight! I'll bet it will be online too. Interesting to watch for us who were following the case at the time it was happening!

Just noticed Brianna is being showcased on Dateline NBC tonight! I'll bet it will be online too. Interesting to watch for us who were following the case at the time it was happening!

It was on again tonight. IIRC her murderer wants a new trial..

It's also on Youtube for those who have not seen it. just type in Dateline: the night Brianna vanished.

very interesting story.

Was there any evidence that he knew Brianna before hand? There never explained why he kidnapped her. Did he just go door to door in the middle of the night looking in houses? She could be seen from the outside through the front door, but most kidnappings seem to have a bit more planning.

Interesting article concerning "Brianna's Law":

The Bill to speed up rape test kits:

http://harlandaily.com/news/7900/bills-would-speed-up-rape-kit-tests-add-to-dna-database

https://www.policeone.com/investigations/articles/154941006-Bills-would-speed-up-Ky-rape-kit-tests-add-to-DNA-database/

I absolutely do not agree with what this Senator said. How could intrusion of a person's life ever come close to the damage that perpetrators cause their victims (and their families)?

"After listening to the testimony, Republican Sen. Dan Seum of Louisville said he could not support the bill.

"I understand your pain, but I can tell you ... that over the years this government through its intrusion has done more damage to me than all these criminals out there ever did," he said. "That sounds radical, but the founding fathers said never trust this government. That's why we have the Fifth Amendment, that's why we have the Second Amendment."

I personally find this statement wrong on so many levels! Shameful. JMO

A lawyer for a Nevada man sentenced to death for the 2008 kidnapping, rape and killing of a 19-year-old former Mendocino County woman goes before a Washoe County judge next week in the latest attempt to overturn his convictions in one of the area's highest profile murder cases in decades.

The Nevada Supreme Court rejected James Biela's appeal in 2012 in the murder of Brianna Denison and sexual assault of two others on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

Judge Scott Freeman set a status hearing for Thursday and an evidentiary hearing July 11 to consider what defense attorney Edward Reed says are more than 50 grounds for ordering a new trial.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/5722037-181/death-row-inmate-seeks-new?gallery=2362662&artslide=0

Lawyers for a Nevada death row inmate seeking a new trial after he was convicted of the rape and murder of a college student argued Monday that one of Reno’s highest profile cases in decades should have been moved somewhere else.

Defendant James Biela’s former public defender Mazie Pusich was the first witness to testify at an evidentiary hearing Monday in Washoe District Court about the extensive pretrial publicity that surrounded the 2008 kidnapping of 19-year-old Brianna Denison from a friend’s home a block from the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/reno-hearing-begins-biela-s-bid-get-death-row

A judge in Reno has refused to grant a new trial for a man sentenced to death for the rape and murder of a 19-year-old college student nearly eight years ago.

Washoe District Judge Scott Freeman said Thursday that James Biela's lawyers failed to prove he was denied a fair trial when he was convicted of killing Brianna Denison and sexually assaulting two other women near the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
http://www.ktvn.com/story/32792286/lawyer-for-man-on-death-row-argues-case

Iam not really FOR the death penalty but then again iam not really AGAINST the death penalty i think it's ok but it has to be 100 percent with out question that we have the right man .If its a terrible crime and the case is just circumstantial to me thats one that i would go against just because there is even if its as small as 1percent that it was someone else in this situation you can only be wrong once and your screwed he/she is allready dead so i think we need to choose wisely and if theres solid DNA I would pump the juice in myself .in this case if iam not mistaken he admitted it ,as well as his dna so iam all for it..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back